“Not easy to climb but was worth it.”
Review of Mt. Kan-Irag

Mt. Kan-Irag
Ranked #54 of 124 things to do in Cebu City
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Went to Sirao Peak July 24th. Ascend to the Peak is not an easy task. It's about 20 mins climb, depending on your pace and determination. The climb is not recommended for those who gets tired easily. I'm not an experienced climber/trekker but i'm not new to it as well, and I'd say, the climb is a tiresome one. The path to the Peak is pretty straight forward but there are 2 split ways near the Peak, one leading to the right (opposite) of the Peak and the other leads to the peak. On the trail going up the Peak just going right.

You will go through tall grasses so make sure to wear long sleeves and pants if you have a sensitive skin.

The scene is fantastic though the area is small. There are rocks on the edge of the peak that you can sit on and have a good look of the city and other nearby mountain ranges.

We went there not just for the view but for an adventure.

We waited til dark and we started our descend from the peak. Our trail was from the Peak through Kan-Irag golf course and exit in Barangay Malubog, it took us 1 hour and 30 mins night walk. It was fun walking in the dark with our flashlights. For those interested in night walks, our facebook page is Cebu White Walkers.

2  Thank Gerald C

Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

This damn mountain was the first mountain I treked. We started to trek from the highway of Ayala heights up to the top of the mountain. I guess that will take you 30mins to 1hour or more of trekking. That is just the an easy trek according to them. Some people wanted to make it more challenging. So they prefer to start in Talambam. I don't know the exact location though. Anyways, we went up there at around 5pm. Then reached there at about 6pm-7pm. Sorry i forgot the exact time. Upon going up, we don't have totally no idea where we can get to the peak. So we asked some passers by. It was hilarious that we overpass the way to the peak. We almost got to the Sirao farm where flowers are located. Haha. When we were on the way going up, I was too excited to see the city light from the top. So I run and run leading the team to the top. Not knowing that the amount of air will lessen upon going up plus I have baggage on my back. To make the story short, I collapsed. Hahaha. That was too embarassing. Haha. We stopped for about 20mins and they helped me until I recovered. Embarassing with the point that we have girls in the team and they are just so okay. Hahahahha. Lessons Learned: 1. Make sure to do stretching before going up. 2. Make your pace just bit so calm so that you won't lose air going up. 3. Always drink water so you won't get dehydrated. 4. Don't sit to rest. I don't know but this may cause you to collapse. 5. Don't be too excited. Hahahaha.
Overall, that was unforgettable and very dramatic scene when we got up to the top. That was perfectly amazing. I'm looking forward to conquer another mountain. ;)

Need reviews? Call me 09954599653.
#adventuRECKer #tRECKer

1  Thank June Reck B
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

Located in Busay, just a few minutes from the city. Accessible via Trans-central highway or via Talamban.

You can do the river trek in Kabang Falls then head to this place. Or just ride habal-habal from JY mall to Ayala Heights. Just tell the driver you want to go to Sirao Peak.

There's a campground. Bring lots of water. The trail is steep and ascent will literally take your breath away. The view is awesome though. You can have a great view of the sunrise and the sunset and an awesome view of the city at night.

Reviewed 11 December 2015 via mobile

We are staying at Mactan and wanted some trekking to break the water activities. We took a resort car to Busay, and it took us to great height with great scenic view of the hills and the city below. The short half hour walk up brought us to greater unblocked view. Lovely.

Unfortunately, the slope was moist and slippery. Coming back down was difficult, especially for my 9 year old boy. An improved path with a few more rocks for better grip, will make this a greater family place.

The entrance to the path was not obvious. It took us some time and several enquiries along the villagers before finding the start of the path, which was about 100 m from the police detachment.

1  Thank Lee Ching N
See more reviews
Reviewed 17 January 2015

I have climb this mountain several times already. The last time was in November 2014 together with my co-spelunkers and mountaineers. Usually, we use the challenging trail which is the Budlaan trail traversing Kabang Falls going to Mt. Kan-irag. It will take us more or less 4 hours to reach the peak. The easiest trail is via Ayala Heights that will only take you 30 minutes to the peak.

Kabang Falls is one of the nearest falls in the city. It has 7 seven-level falls. It's about 7 kilometers from JY Square going to the starting area in Sitio Baugon of Barangay Budlaan.

How much does it cost me? You can go there via Talamban from Sunny Hills Subd crossing to Sitio Baugon. Habal-habal fare is only 25 pesos. Some mountaineers use the crossing Buslot trail near Sitio Grahe of Busay and start trekking down to Sitio Baugon. The habal-habal fare between 40 to 50 - still negotiable. If jeepney, it's around 25 pesos - by chance because no regular schedule trip going to Busay. Going back to Cebu via Ayala Heights would cost you 25 pesos - vhire (van coming from Balamban town).

1  Thank nathzniel