All reviewsedge coastershooting rangewall climbingbuffet dinnerdeluxe roomrooms are bigayala mallskywalkjollibeerobinsons
Reviewed 3 July 2018

The hotel staff whilst friendly need more training, our room on the 32 floor had no hot water pressure, we were offered another room on the 16th floor had pressure no hot water. We were finally moved to the 28th floor where the water issues continued sometimes they work sometimes they didn't. The staff did all they could with the facilities they have to work with, we were offered breakfast for our last two morning for all the troubles we incurred. The hotel room were clean and the beds comfy but I still wouldn't be able to recommend this hotel but don't know what any other is like in this area. Its a big hotel, we had to take 2 separate lifts to get to our rooms. The hotel itself is near a lot of takeaway food places and has starbucks attached. Please note there are a lot of beggars around the outside area of this hotel so be aware. We ate at the hotel 50s restaurant on our first night but did not enjoy the food. We enjoyed a 3 hours spa package at the hotel spa this was a lovely way to spend the afternoon as a storm brewed outside. We didn't use the pool area but it looks nice and clean there is an inside and outside pool, but you cant bring your own food or drinks into this area. The hotel concierge team, really need more training as do the check in team. I suppose you get what you pay for as it wasn't expensive but at the end of a long day you need a shower that works and a comfy bed well the bed was comfy.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KEZ66
Reviewed 27 June 2018

This place is a dump. Firstly from being unable to find the front doors from the street, to the filthy front glass, packed lifts and well below standard rooms, don't stay here.

When you call reception no services are available....couldn't get food, couldn't get laundry done. The room does have power and view over the back of some factories.

Not sure why any person would choose to stay here...do yourself a favour and stay at Raddison Blu in Cebu and you wont regret it !!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel !!
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Guitarsqld
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Stayed here three nights and it is typical for an average priced Filipino hotel. The linens are well used and the rooms are filthy. We pre-paid so we looked at several rooms and chose one room, which we changed after the first night due to the undesirable bathroom. The staff was wonderful and accomodating, thumbs up to them. To summarize, if you can get a price below 1500p a night then it could be an okay hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to see different rooms as they vary greatly.
Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank SWWAGlobetrekker
CrownRegencyHotels, Marketing Communications Associate at Crown Regency Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear SWWAGlobetrekker,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts of Crown Regency Hotel & Towers. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay.

We take extreme pride in keeping our property up to the highest of standards in terms of cleanliness, and we are dismayed to read that we were not able to meet your expectations. We also regret to hear that you faced discomfort with your room, with this, please accept our sincerest apologies.

We have been making great efforts to provide the type of service that you have described. I am very proud of all of our staff members who have really embraced the Crown Regency customer service culture. We believe that we can (and do) make a difference in the way our customers perceive us, and we strive to provide a quality stay for every guest, every time.

Please be assured that we have taken your constructive review with high regard and this has been shared in our daily training as a reminder for all of us to constantly strive towards improving the quality of our services.

The improvement of our services and facilities to meet our guests' needs and satisfaction is an ongoing undertaking and we would be grateful if you could give us the opportunity to serve again you in the immediate future. If you have more concerns and inquiries, please feel free to message us at crownregencyhotels@gmail.com.

Irekca de la Torre
Marketing Communications Team

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Nice hotel. comfortable room, excellent customer service, employees are friendly and professional. Affordable price. Close to everything. We really enjoyed our stay. I will recommend this to my friends. Thank Crown Regency for making our stay enjoyable!

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
CrownRegencyHotels, Marketing Communications Associate at Crown Regency Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Hi Inday d,

Thanks for your candid review of Crown Regency Hotel & Towers - Cebu!

We are delighted to know about your experience with us. Thanks for also highlighting the hotel's notable features such as its comfortable room and amiable employees. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

DIAN

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I booked the hotel at short notice for one night I needed to stay in Cebu before moving on to Malapusca. I'd searched for a hotel with WiFi, free breakfast and a pool, Crown Regency came up, had a reduction in price so I went ahead and booked.

Firstly, I arrived a couple of hours prior to the 2pm check-in to be told I couldn't check-in to my room (understandable,) but later on checking-in and reviewing my forms I note that the price I was paying was based on "<60% occupancy". This being the case, you'd think they'd be accommodating. Oh well.

They did say I was welcome to use the facilities so I headed up to the outdoor pool which was a bit of a shock to be honest. The area was run down, pool filthy and out of use, hardly anywhere to sit in the sun and read and most of the sunloungers broken. I asked if they had another nonbroken lounger and was brought one by the helpful staff, but when asking for another for my friend, we were brought over the broken one I'd previously complained about as there were no more (!) Also, as mentioned above, the main thing I wanted was a pool and WiFi; WiFi isn't available in anywhere but the rooms and certainly not at the pool. The whole area looked like something out of a rundown Benidorm timeshare, not a 4* hotel in Cebu City and certainly not like the photos. (See mine for more accurate representation)

Upon check-in, it also turned out the rate didn't include breakfast. Probably my fault for not reading my booking properly but as I complained about the loungers, pool and WiFi situation, I suggested that as a good will gesture, I should have a complimentary breakfast. This did take some negotiation but the desk obliged in the end and upgraded my room to a higher floor with windows (apparently the 6th floor is underground).

Room was nice! Enjoyed a hot shower and super comfy bed.

Headed down to the gym to do a workout to find the Aircon wasn't working Does anything in this hotel work?!

Getting quite fed up by this stage I decided just to have dinner in the buffet area which in itself is complicated. It's not clear what floor the restaurant is on, eventually negotiated the many lifts to get there and be told I needed to give a deposit rather than charge to my room so had to go all the way back to my room and back to the area again, to then go to the restaurant and have dinner. Dinner it's fair to say was nice, but I was one of about 6people in the restaurant

Following morning, I had to leave early for my trip to Malapusca so got up early and headed down to breakfast which was agreed as above to be complimentary. In-keeping with all the previous faff, I was told by the servers that I hadn't booked breakfast and after I explained that it had been offered after for free by front desk because I complained, I was told to go to front desk and sort this out. Of course bt this point, I was more than annoyed. I asked the servers to call front desk and confirm whilst I had breakfast as I was in a rush and this was not my fault at all. The breakfast was rubbish as it turned out with dry cakes being the main offering. No omelette station or anything like this.

Upon checking out 30mins later, of course this complimentary breakfast issue had still to be discussed at length because the lady who checked me in the day before hadn't recorded I was to have a free breakfast. After much discussion it was agreed as it should have been.

Actually feeling pretty grumpy having to write about all of this nonsense again. A run down hotel is one thing, but when the service and customer service is also terrible, it becomes a real problem. Not a pleasant stay and certainly not worth the £50.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank Stephasaurus2013

Hi Stephasaurus2013,

We have received your feedback regarding your recent stay experience with us. Honest views from a contributor like you are always welcome and appreciated.

While you have been kind to mention your appreciation for the upgraded room and some of its facilities, we noted your comments about the whole hotel experience have been taken with high regard.

In behalf of the team, allow me to express our sincerest apology for the inconvenience you have encountered during your stay. It is with deepest regrets that we fell short in providing you with an excellent experience. Rest assured all necessary actions have been taken to address these concerns.

We hope to serve you better in the future.

DIAN