“safe,comfortable”
Review of Cebu Grand Hotel

Cebu Grand Hotel
Ranked #67 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed February 7, 2017

short 25 minute cab ride from airport. Room clean, comfortable. Staff friendly, helpfull
Stayed one night after a late arrival into Cebu. Room clean, quite. Restaurants very close. 15 minute cab ride from hotel to ferry terminal.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with friends
CGHReservation, Front Office Manager at Cebu Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2017

Dear Guest

I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can. If you're traveling to our area gain soon, don't hesitate to call us. Thank you for choosing Cebu Grand Hotel!

Reviewed January 14, 2017

Great hotel! The rooms were very tidy. The housekeeping also did a great job and came as soon as we called. Nothing special about the breakfast meal but it was okay. Wifi connection is only limited to 2 devices which was disappointing since our room is for 4 pax. The front desk people were inattentive.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends
CGHReservation, Front Office Manager at Cebu Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. Were happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.

Reviewed January 12, 2017

When I arrived just after midnight the receptionist was very nice. She gave me a big room. To my surprise, the room had NO window, which was not what I had asked for. When arriving in the room and set down on the chair ... it collapsed!! Luckily, I didn't heard myself. When I was trying to put some stuff into the fridge ... it didn't work ... Bad start !!! The receptionist gave me another room! The following morning I continued to have several other problems. too lengthy to explain! Luckily, they were all solved by the great initiative of the receptionist Ms. ANA. A big thank you to her !! A major shortfall was the unreliable WiFi system of the entire hotel. This is unacceptable, especially, if you have foreign visitors who do NOT have a local service provider!!

Room Tip: Assure room has a window, unless ordered otherwise! All electrical equipment there, i.e. fridge, cof...
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled solo
CGHReservation, Front Office Manager at Cebu Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant.Were happy that you enjoyed your stay and were looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel Thank you for choosing Cebu Grand Hotel!

Reviewed January 12, 2017

Negative:
-Poor wifi
- Poor breakfast buffer
- water pressure low

Positive:
- nice staff and easy deal with (the receptionist even lent me her personal mobile wifi)
- free use of gym with instructor

We traveled Cebu and stayed in this place twice (no choice, haha, its APEC time - good hotels were already fully booked) in 2015

Room Tip: bring your own mobile wifi
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel. Thank you choosing Cebu Grand Hotel!

Reviewed January 6, 2017

Visit in December 2016, the hotel is very dated, water pressure in room is poor, carpet on floor just carpet squares that should have been replaced years ago. Breakfast only so so . Swimming pool is small and badly maintained. Location is Ok central to Ayala mall and downtown approximately 60 pesto by taxi. Staff are friendly and check in and out efficient.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
CGHReservation, Front Office Manager at Cebu Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant.Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for choosing Cebu Grand Hotel!