Cebu Grand Hotel
Radisson Blu Cebu(Cebu City)
US$161
US$58
US$52
US$42
Agoda.com
St. Mark Hotel(Cebu City)
US$47
US$35
Agoda.com
Red Planet Cebu(Cebu City)
US$38
US$31
Paragon Suites(Cebu City)
US$22
US$20
US$97
US$85
Travelocity
Cebu R Hotel - Capitol(Cebu City)(Great Value!)
US$27
All reviewsstayed one nightno windowfast foodinternet connectionricespacious roomcable tvbrekfastdoormannightlifehaharefoslob
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 27, 2015

We stayed one night. The room that we had was very clean and large. The mini bar was well stocked. The view was pretty poor, the room as as the roof height of the adjoining building so our view was of a sloped tin roof and a bunch of A/C units.

The hallways show the hotels age a bit, but is seems as though they are renovating starting at the top floor. We arrived after the restaurant and bar closed, but saw it for breakfast in the morning. Breakfast was what you would expect, continental style with a few local dishes, but was good and filling.

The pool looked a bit disappointing. It's pretty tiny, but I am not much into pools anyways.

The room was surprisingly quiet and overall we had a good experience. We found the staff very helpful, kind and responsive. We would stay there again.

My only word of caution is that the neighborhood is maybe not the best neighborhood in Cebu. I would be a bit concerned about wandering around at night. But if you wantt a place to sleep and get a decent meal, I would recommend.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Matt A
Reviewed April 22, 2015

When in Cebu, I usually stay at another hotel. This time around, my team and I decided to try out Cebu Grand Hotel for a training as well as for my accommodations. I was booked in a Superior room, which was better-looking than most 2 or 3-star hotels. However, in my three nights of stay here, I have run into some issues:

1. Buffet-style breakfast was okay, except that this morning, they decided to use more than half of the cafe area for a function, leaving only three tables and the bar counter for guests having breakfast. I strongly suspect that sometimes the coffee they pass off as "brewed" is really Nescafe instant coffee! I joked with a staff about this; he just smiled. To make matters worse, this morning, the coffee coming out of the thermos dispenser was cold. I told the staff and they discovered the dispenser was not plugged in. No offers to replace my cup of coffee were made.

2. The first sign that things weren't as organized here as I had expected was that the front desk staff didn't have enough information about my booking when I checked in. She had to call someone and they spoke in Cebuano to clarify my booking; I speak Cebuano and so I was privy to the confusion.

3. I called housekeeping to have someone pick up a shirt and a pair of pants for pressing. Someone came a few minutes later but when I asked him how much the service would cost, he didn't know and even instructed me to check the price list in the cabinet. They did not deliver my clothes on time; I had to call them and when I did, the lady at the other end of the line seemed confused.

4. The boardroom assigned to us was not the one that was shown to us via pictures when we made the booking. We had to ask to be moved. In the new boardroom, the white board they provided was not glossy enough for white board marks to be erased (we did use white board markers!). We asked the staff to replace it and explained why, to which the staff replied in Cebuano, "Oh right, that one is really defective." Why give it to us in the first place? :)

5. The meals weren't served to us at the boardroom on time. I even bit into plastic when I sampled their clubhouse sandwich. (The plastic apparently was from the cheese packaging.) I politely showed the plastic to the waiting staff, who did not offer any apology. He just smiled.

6. One of our staff was feeling ill during the training and so we called them for assistance—first aid, shuttle to the nearby ER. It was taking too long for them to respond so we decided to get a cab instead and have one of us take our sick colleague to the ER.

6. I couldn't get the WiFi to work. (Full disclosure: I didn't ask staff for help regarding this as I felt I've reached my threshold for poor service and I didn't want to get disappointed even more.)

Overall, the staff are generally nice and friendly but not efficient and service-oriented. This is a training issue and performance monitoring issue, I suppose. I like the amenities, I like the location, but management should do something about their service if they intend to thrive in a highly competitive environment like urban Cebu where there is a hotel at every corner.

P.S. Just now, as I type this, I found a dead cockroach near my door. I am not squeamish, but I smiled when I imagined how a foreigner might react to seeing that poor bug :)

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled on business
5  Thank Aleks T
Reviewed April 15, 2015

I stayed in a De Lux room. Very spacious and clean. The furnishings are not new but clean and in good condition.
The staff are friendly and ready to assist with your needs.
I like their restaurant, that offers also some native Filipino dishes at a very reasonable cost and taste yummy too...that was a plus to this hotel.
The location of this hotel is very convenient to taxis and public transport. The staff will call a taxi for you if you need one. Also ample of parking spaces for guest with their own vehicles. The hotel is not far from shopping malls and supermarkets...The price for my De Lux room was a value for money and friendly service.

Room Tip: I was in the middle 4th floor...was quite.
  • Stayed: January 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank rorie r
Reviewed March 18, 2015

My wife and I absolutely love this hotel. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They made my wife and I feel like famikly. They had great suggestions on where to go and where to eat. The rooms were very clean and the food at the hotel was excellent. I will definitely stay here again when I am back in Cebu.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert F
Reviewed March 17, 2015

Looks like a boutique hotel. The rooms quiet good but not that clean. I hate their staff because most of them are masungit and not approachable. The food is not even good and the pool is not clean. I think that they still need improvements and training.

Room Tip: Choose the upper floor rooms
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled on business