Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Paul P

Being your earplugs

Review of St. Mark Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 18, 2024
I have to say this place had the most comfortable bed I slept in so far on my 2 weeks in the Philippines. However I found it very noisy, even though I was staying on the 6th floor I heard the noise from the street level and even things in the hall, however The staff were amazing and helped me with my laundry and did other general things for me. However the Hot water wasn't available for the evening I was staying there.
Date of stay: January 2024
    ₱1,810
    ₱1,982
1.7 km from St. Mark Hotel
View more hotels in Cebu City
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 4, 2023

Don't be fooled by all this glamour reviews . I visited this hotel last and this year and I'm very disappointed this time. First the GOOD - Location , in the heart of Cebu ,
Second the BAD - Everything else . You will see very dirty hallways , stain bed sheets .
Dated furniture and mold smell in the rooms . The breakfast is a joke ,and there is not hot water in the bathroom. Obviously they change the management and this hotel is on free fall. Save your money and look everywhere else .

Room tip: Very BAD value for your money.
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2023

It was a very cheap hotel considering the location (Kensington, 10 mins from the Natural History Museum). We also got breakfast for free! Indeed, it wasn't of the best quality (cheese, milk, ham *better than usual cheap quality; it tasted like real meat*; generally, it was basic and very much edible but not fancy,,, however, I didn't expect this to be Hilton quality for such a hotel - still great it was incuded in the package) but at least something! We had a very lovely view balcony view that reminded us of Paris! The only issue was that the prohibition of smoking in the room space which included the balcony! We had also spotted hotel staff inspecting balconies from the ouside whether someone's smoking... Very weird. However, our room was very clean. We booked for 3 person room and we got a double bed with two singles which allowed all of us sleep separeely. Super convinient. Hence, I can recommend this hotel. Indeed, it's not 5 star quality, but we've spent just one night and we were more than satisifed for this advertised hotel quality.

Room tip: View to the front street is lovely! Very fancy vibes
Date of stay: January 2023
Reviewed March 9, 2022

I checked in on a Sunday. There was no hot water. The safe did not work. The toilet was leaking on the floor. The tv did not work. The room was dirty. The staff was friendly but I want HOT WATER. They sent maintenance up to try to get hot water to no avail. This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at.

Room tip: Go to a different hotel.
Date of stay: March 2022
1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed September 30, 2021

I stayed at this hotel from Sept 16-23,2021 so that is a total of 07 nights BUT hotel charged me 08 nights stay when my check-out time was before 12 noon on 23rd Sept '21. Hotel standard check-in time is 1400 and check-out time is 12:00. When I asked why they overcharged me, they said, " we charged daily, maam". What happened to the check-in and check-out time? Is it fair? I am not happy with their service! Ridiculous.

Date of stay: September 2021
1  Thank 381airena
Reviewed March 18, 2020

I've stayed in this hotel a couple of times during business trips to Cebu, which I vist very often. The rooms are small(-ish) but very comfortable and "homey". They have complete amenities for the traveller in the rooms (Wi-Fi, good sized refrigerator, TV with a lot of cable channels to choose from) and for the religious, a church right across the street where you can hear mass daily.

The breakfast buffet is "sufficient" and the staff in the hotel are super-helpful.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a balcony...
Date of stay: February 2020