Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sarangani Diver
San Juan, Philippines

So-so, not-great-value, Hotel that trys

Review of St. Mark Hotel
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Oct 20, 2019via mobile
The Good:
No check-in issues. Two small water bottles and a working security safe were provided. Good WiFi and good selection of TV channels (with an updated channel guide card). Limited Buffet Breakfast, with fresh pancake and egg service, is included. Location is good for Fuento Circle area.

The Bad:
Damage deposit of Ps1k cash required. TV premote controller required new batteries. Just one tiny soap bar and one small shampoo were the only CR amenities. Lots of lighting, but never enough light. Buffet Breakfast walk-in charge is an astounding Ps455++, so be careful who you invite for breakfast.

The Ugly:
Entrance door bumps into wardrobe door and CR door bumps into towel rack! Who designed the space?

The Tip:
Ask for a room on the 3rd floor perimeter (not odd-numbered rooms with windows looking to interior).

-- end --
Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
₱2,793
    ₱2,157
    ₱2,574
1.1 km from St. Mark Hotel
View more hotels in Cebu City
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 14, 2019

I wish I would have booked somewhere else! While the staff are "smiles and act nice" like the previous reviewers have commented - It is all FAKE and not genuine. As soon as you have a problem the smile goes away and they say they will address the problem but they never do.

We were traveling with an infant for his Christening and he needed a bath however there was no hot water. We contacted the front desk and they did NOTHING! After numerous complaints about no hot water from us and observing many other guests actually Yelling at the staff they sent someone up who turned on the shower... waited over 15 minutes with the water running COLD.. then said.... there's no hot water! He then said he would go look at something but never came back and we NEVER got hot water.

When we asked to speak to management they had us wait but the management never came out to speak with us. Either the manager does not care about their guests including infants and their moms. or they do not like foreigners, or their staff is not actually relaying the issues and complaints to them so they are unaware.

I also know many hotels have artificially high ratings on review sites by having people post positive reviews. I can say that over the past 5 years I have been staying at St. Mark's they have been in the past a 2.5 to 3.0 star hotel. After my last stay I would say they are actually maybe a 1.0/1.5 to 2.0 star at most. If management doesn't even care enough to meet with guests who have serious and legitimate issues and who are being very professional and not even yelling then how can they even hope to fix the issues they have???

For the money... there are DEFINITELY better options in Cebu City.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2019

Stayed 4-7 July

Overall their staff are very welcoming, greeting you whenever you walk in and out of the lobby and the breakfast room. But don’t expect anything more than the smiles and greetings. Here’s why:
1) to save them work, as I’m only staying for 2 nights, I told the receptionist they don’t have to clean my room but to replenish the drinking water and coffee sachet. When I returned during lunch time, only the 2 bottles of drinking water were replaced. When I left the hotel at 2pm, I reminded the receptionist for the coffee sachet. I returned at 11pm and still not replenished I gave up.

2) the tv went blackout at around 11+pm. Called the reception and they sent a man to check. He meddled with the remote controller and switched some channels and told me there’s something wrong with the cable tv. I replied I already knew. He said he will inform the reception to contact the vendor. 30 minutes gone and I called the reception, her reply was the vendor Sky TV is not working at nights. There sure an emergency number or hotline to call. Right? I suggested to reset the receiver and her reply was “there isn’t any receiver”. So I watched local tv channels without understanding local language :)

3) last straw - the next morning the only lift was under maintenance since I went for breakfast till the time I checked out. I can understand the lift needs maintenance. Its ok to carry my luggage to walk down 5th floor too. Only disappointed to walk past 3 of their staffs one after another, and none of them offered to help. As usual, they greeted with sweet smiles.

4) WiFi is intermittent. I switched it off after day one.

Overall, the room is clean and comes with a balcony. It’s nice. Everything else is very basic. The sound proof Is no good. Breakfast spread is small but they taste good. The chef is always ready to cook you an egg or pancake. They are nice.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2019

A nice and modern hotel with all facilities. Did not have breakfast, so cannot comment on it. The deluxe suite was excellent with modern amenities. But a great thanks to their cute and professional front office staff for dealing with a trifling issue that riled me up. Would definitely stay there again and would recommend it wholeheartedly!

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

I got to stay at St Mark for 4 days. I did not expect that much as I was going to spend more of my time in a seminar. It turned out to be an enjoyable stay as the staff were all friendly, accomodating and professional. From the doorman, front desk to the waiters in Halo and cleaners of the room. The location is also a plus. If you are a Catholic, the redemptorist is just across the hotel. I was able to attend mass during my stay. Convenience stores, restaurants are very near the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank mdpath
Reviewed May 6, 2019

Didn't know what to expect when I got here, but was pleasantly surprised.
Hotel seems modern and staff is friendly and service minded.
Beds are comfy and had a nice room with a small balcony. The room was clean.
One problem is that the water flowed out on the bathroom floor when taking a shower, so it was wet everywhere. Would also be good to have a line to hang clothes for drying on the balcony.
The breakfast was a bit skimpy

Room tip: Lots of noise if your room is adjacent to the church
Date of stay: April 2019