4 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.com$74
Hotels.com$74
Trip.com$52
3,442 results
All reviews business trip buffet breakfast enjoyed my stay uno lobby gym convention philippines taxis
Selected filters
Reviewed June 28, 2022 via mobile

I've been staying at the Waterfront Hotel every few years since 2008. It used to be the go to luxury hotel in Cebu City, and I loved everything that the hotel had to offer.
However the hotel has as of recently dropped below its 5 star standards. Customer service is second to none as always, and it's a reason that I still remain a loyal customer.
Some points to consider;
▪️The room bathrooms now show visible mould
▪️Basin tap was leaking
▪️Carpets are very worn out
▪️Rooms appear very dusty in hard to reach areas
▪️Room walls have discoloured.

The lobby is a great part of the hotel, I would bring guests here to drink almost every night, an excellent part of the hotel offering.
The breakfast buffet was brilliant as always with a huge selection of international and local dishes.

In conclusion, the hotel does seem to have aged considerably, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but may put into question its 5 star status.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2022

We are just so happy with our recently concluded graduation event at the Waterfront Hotel. We booked our event with Miss Irish and everything just went on smoothly. She was very accommodating and made sure that she’s on top of everything. The Jimei Hall is a very good spot already even if you’re already tight with your budget, coz the venue is already elegant. The staff and the service crew on the day of our event were also very polite and attentive to our concerns and instructions. The food for our snacks at the venue were also good according to our guests. If you have time, please also try their buffet lunch or dinner at Cafe Uno near the main lobby. You’d be amazed by the visual presentation and the mouth-watering flavors of their dishes. We’ll definitely come back at the Waterfront Hotel for more events. It’s a 10/10 experience. No wonder why my partner has been a client of them for 12 years already.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2022 via mobile

The most horrible hotel experience I’ve ever had! The lights in the room was not working so we had to use only the lamps for lights, but the room was still so dark that we ended up using the flashlights on our phones! The water in the toilet stopped working, but we all had to pee at some point, so we still peed in the toilet. Let’s just say the toilet looked like a public toilet, the ones you see in ratchet clubs at 4 in the morning, if you know what I mean. The food at the reception was horrid!!!! The food looked like it was food for the pigs!! The servers were the ones plating the food, the plates were so full of food that the sauces were mixing, the salad was mixed with the chicken and rice, the lumpia tasted like kaldereta. It was disgusting! I couldn’t even finish my food!

I do NOT recommend this hotel for any events!!

Reviewed June 12, 2022 via mobile

It was a buffet dinner but they were limiting the plates and drinks to only one per person. They will ask you to pay if you ask for more plates. I was expecting more from this hotel. Not worth your money! Such a disappointment!

Reviewed June 11, 2022 via mobile

Hi,

just attended the wedding of my dear friend yesterday and the buffet is so dissapointing. The way they serve the food is like food for beggars. You are not allowed to chose. They put everything in your plate, noodles, rice, lumpia shanghai, beef with sauce, chicken salad, lechon and etc. And you can’t get back to get another food as they keep saying the plates are counted and all are serve. Same goes with the drinks. no second drink allowed. one of my friends did not ask for his plate as we shared. the mother of the groom ask for her food and been told that if she want we need to pay additional for another person as all the plates has been serve.
So dissapointing. and its a wedding.

Will not recomend this hotel for event. the star giveb to this hotel is not suited for their service.