Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Cedric M

Great hotel

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 21, 2018via mobile
I stayed in this hotel for 2 days in march 2018. I love the breakfast buffet. So many things to eat. Location is perfect. They have a bar there "the 8th street" ,so nice!!! Pool area? Just great. However my room had no nice view facing other rooms, but its okay. I admit, staff make mistakes, dont pay attention but its common in the philippines. Visit it pleae
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Responded May 1, 2018
Dear Mr. Cedric,

Thank you for staying at Diamond Suites & Residences and for highlighting our good breakfast buffet and nice location. However we
apologize that you experienced some issues with our room and staffs. We had already called the attention of the concerned department to ensure that this experience will not be repeated.

Thank you very much for your feedback as this will help us improve our services even more. We hope for another opportunity to welcome you to Diamond Suites & Residences.

• Expedia.com
2.5 km from Diamond Suites & Residences
    ₱2,049
2.6 km from Diamond Suites & Residences
View more hotels in Cebu City
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 21, 2018

I walked up to the front desk of this hotel about a week prior to my one night stay. I asked for their best rate for one night. The front desk agent advised that it would be 2925 pesos. I proceeded to ask if they honored a discount for seniors. She advised that the seniors discount would be an additional 20% off the aforementioned quoted price. I then immediately booked the room for my required date and was given a confirmation number. The agent gave me a pen and paper with which to make note of the details. I wrote down the confirmation number as well as the quoted price with the added seniors discount.

On the day of check-in I asked to confirm the price and they told me it would be 2925 pesos. I asked "what about the seniors discount?" They advised that it was already built into the price. I pulled out the paper that I had written the info on and showed them that they were incorrect. I advised how I had first asked for the best price they had, and once that was given to me I asked if they had an additional seniors discount upon which they replied "yes. An additional 20%". They refused to honor their original commitment.

Not wishing to argue the point any further, I asked if they were full up the next day. They said no. I then asked what they would charge me if I could keep the room until 10PM, as my flight that evening wasn't until well after midnight (2AM). I suggested that I would require no further housekeeping services. After consulting with a manager they offered the extended checkout of 10PM for an additional 1000p which I thought was very fair. However, at 8PM and with me in a deep sleep, the room phone rang. It was the front desk advising that my checkout time was 8PM and I would be charged another full day rate if I didn't check out immediately. I reminded them that my promised late checkout was 10PM. The agent was quite abrupt in advising that there was no further discussing this matter. It was either get out or pay an extra day. I immediately dressed and went down to the front desk to seek a manager. None was on duty but after vigorously complaining with the agent, she proceeded to get her manager on the phone. Ultimately they agreed to let me stay until the originally agreed upon checkout time of 10PM. To add further insult to injury, when I checked out and returned the room keys, I was required to stay put, as if held hostage, for another 5-10 minutes so they could check the room. I suppose it was to see if I had stolen or broken anything. How rude I thought. They already had my credit card number on file should they discover any problems.

Along with this room rate came a very mediocre breakfast buffet. Very poor food quality. No bacon or sausages. The one bright spot was the brewed coffee. It was very good.

I stay in Cebu hotels multiple times per year. This will be my one and only stay at the Diamond Suites. They simply cannot be trusted to honor their promises.

Room tip: Find another hotel
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Kathy A, General Manager at Diamond Suites & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Dear valued guest

Best greetings from Diamond Suites & Residences!

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment and post through TripAdvisor on your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize for the circumstances you have encountered. Your concerns are already been addressed accordingly.

Reviewed February 19, 2018

pluses? good value, very close to ayala mall, great staff, comfy, so cute roof top pool, very clean, probably good food based on the heavy traffic through their restaurant

but, the noise at night was so disruptive, waking us often. people talking, chairs being moved, equipment starts and stops. we were room 321 and i do not know if that was local to us or hotel wide but we won't be back

Room tip: we were on the inner corrider, maybe the outside wall is quieter? we were south side but north side of that corrider
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear valued guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at Diamond Suites & Residences and writing a review on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to know that you found the Hotel of good value, accessible location, nice facilities and great staff. We are sorry to hear that you experience some concerns regarding the noise that the other guest had caused. We are already working out on how to prevent this incident from happening again.

Reviewed February 17, 2018

we only stayed here for a night. good location as it is very very close to ayala mall - 3 minute walk.
room is spacious but quite old. however complete with a fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, good AC, good cable tv, good quality shampoo, lotion and soap. helpful and friendly security guards.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2018

I have stayed her before. The Management is good and is trying to compete with newer and better hotels. The hotel is old hotel and needs improvement. The bathroom fixtures are old and do not work properly. The breakfast is prepared for locals. One mus like fish and rice to enjoy the breakfast meals. Otherwise, the management makes an effort to keep their customers happy.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2018

The room was clean and the location was very close to Ayala Mall very convenient. The rate is very affordable and has private parking and the staff are helpful.
They have a buffet breakfast menus are ok.

Date of stay: January 2017