Lowest prices for your stay
$39
Free cancellation until 06/05/22
Booking.com$25
Agoda.com$20
Hotels.com$39
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 26, 2019 via mobile

Express Inn is right smack in the middle of Downtown Cebu, along Osmeña Road. The place is very accessible to the touristy attractions and is convenient for people who may need a midnight snack as there is a 24 hour 7-eleven close by.

We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights. In that very short span, it is observable how the staff are stressed and overworked. Our last day prior to check out, they ran out of eggs for the breakfast rush and there was no one to buyfresh supplies. The delivery was confirmed, but nothing came the previous night and the people in charge were passing on the responsibility for the purchase.

The room was ok, quite small for a 2-single bed. If you want to have hot or cold water for your drinks, you have to call the restaurant at the 12th floor to have it ready and you go fetch it. There was no room service available, too. No fridge in the room; housekeeping is only available when you ask them to clean up.

Hot and cold in the shower was available 24 hours and toiletries were provided, including towels.

I feel for the staff. They have been gracious and all smiles, doing the best they can with what they are being provided with.

Records keeping was flawed, as there had been information about our stay that was not properly turned over.

I would recommend the inn for proximity to the basilica and the fort, but I would also recommend for the owner to improve their manner of handling their personnel.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2019

I just read a lot of reviews same with my experience in that hotel. They should do something about it. Guests do review to improve hotel's service and other stuff.
1. They should inform guests upon check in that they need to update their keycard everyday.
2. They also need to inform the guests that they have to get a pool pass to access the swimming pool.
3. Front Office staff should have proper training on how to answer phone calls, guest requests and other guest concerns. I called the Front Office to assist me to open my room since my boyfriend was sleeping and he's not answering his phone, i was wet and cold just came from the pool and how she answered me was unacceptable! She told me to wait because they are busy and they only have one staff (with an irritated voice)
4. They will not clean your room if you will not request for it. It should be mandatory!

Be thankful because if i was in the mod to complain you would have seen the monster in me.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2019

There are so many better including breakfast for the same price, I clicked the wrong one and did not pay attention to the 6.9 rating. My fault.
1. Breakfast 3 choices only had 2 and powdered eggs plus coffee cup so small I ended up at 7 Eleven.
2. They did not tell us that after 12 noon everyday you had to have your room card re entered at front desk
3. Room made up you had to notify front desk if you wanted, now that was a first for me, we did not find out until we asked why is room not made up.
4. The change sheet and blanket, no wet mops no scrubbing of bathroom or shower,I know I left crumbs on tile floor, and the sink was dirty.
5.affordable but there are better for same price and it was my mistake, so check the ratings.

Room tip: Back of hotel off street which is very noisy
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2019 via mobile

This is my 2nd time to stay here in this property. The first time I visited this place was last March and I booked it through booking.com. This time I booked it through agoda. The purpose of my trip is to attend the graduation of my best friend. I wanted a fast check in, as what I indicated in my special request, unfortunately it took me 20 minutes before I could get into my room and changed to get ready to go Waterfront Hotel where the graduation is going to be held. I got the king size bed on the 8th floor. I paid 1,060/night for it. The room is very clean. In my 3rd day I decided to go to Dusit Thani for a day use and before I left I told the staff at I want my room to be cleaned and they said yes. After 5 hours I came back and I was frustrated to find out the they haven't cleaned my room. I decided to go downstairs and told them about it. I spoke to them in polite manner even if I was so upset. The staff seems unhappy and unfriendly. No apologies received they just said they will send somebody to clean my room. So, I went upstairs and waited. After 30 minutes I decided to call and remind them about my request. It is so frustrating how slow the service is!!
On the good sides the location is great. It's a 5 minutes walk to Colon Street. It is next to Chowking and KFC and there is also a seven eleven nearby. On the 12th floor they have a swimming pool. Overall I still recommend this place to my friends. I just hope the service will be improved. And please wear your smiles when you welcome your guests. It seems like you aren't happy with your job.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank emlyc2015
Reviewed June 22, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here last May. My second time being here. Their rooftop pool is a big bonus. Its pretty small but it was nice chillin up there in the later afternoon. They also have a rooftop restaurant. Great view with an ice cold beer. My room was nice and very clean. They also give you some bathroom amenities. The price for my room did not include breakfast which I did on purpose. There is a Chow King downstairs. Centrally located. You can walk to Colon St. where there is a new huge starbucks. I would definitely recommend this place. For the price and for what you get, it’s win win.

Date of stay: June 2019