Lowest prices for your stay
US$41
SAVE US$5
Hotels.comUS$41
TravelocityUS$41
getaroom.comUS$42
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel believes to be a much fancier establishment than it truly is. House rules such as no shorts or flip flops are in place which is outrageous considering the rainy season, do they expect me to wear my expensive closed shoes in the flooded streets? Beds were horrendous! As we checked in the receptionist said “queen sized bed”, when we arrived it was simply two single beds pushed together. The mattresses could barely be classed as so, my hips are sore from the bed as I just sunk straight to the wood underneath. Drain in the sink smelled like sewerage. They claimed to have satellite tv which is why we booked here to watch the World Cup in our room, the tv hadn’t even been set up. Shower was never hot either. Really would not recommend this place at all.

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank albapops
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Room is not clean, it seems that they did not change the bed sheet, pillow cover and blanket. Staff is ok, we feel like we're not welcome maybe because we arrived early and they're busy on checking out guests. Comfort Room needs exhaust fan, aircon is too noisy Location is good. Price is good.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2017

Very polite and efficient service clean and quiet rooms and good cafe. Hotel is in city center and walking distance to shops. Transport is close by if needed. We first stayed at Golden Valley over twenty years ago and have stayed there at least once a year since. The Emerald Cafe provides quick and affordable service. Hotel has car hire service which we use and find the driver Roldan an excellent tour guide and a very safe and efficient operator.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2017

We stayed in gvh last 0ct. 8-14, 2017. Though you may not call it a first class accommodation, I still give it a high rating because of the wonderful staff. Miss Che (front desk) and and amy (cafeteria) makes us feel like we are at home. Thanks to the two of you, and to the other staff who we fail to get the names. Aside from the wonderful staff, the hotel is also very clean. They clean the room everyday (new bed sheet, pillow cover, towel and toiletries). The free breakfast is also good (hey, considering the price of the hotel + free breakfast, it is already really ok). I just hope that they add more to their menu. They even allowed us hot water refill for our tea, (I was avail to refill it 3x with no extra charge)

The place is also very near the city proper, food chain, atm machine, and even Convenience store at the front

The only burden I saw is the small driveway. Good thing that our driver, kuya tonio, is good in manuevering our van. But If I am the one to drive it, I will not be able to take it out of the driveway, hehe.

Thumbs up for you GVH. Hope to stay again on my next visit

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Great location where the old and new merge.usually around $us 30/40.older style rooms but clean.wifi tv aircon.service needs a bit of patience sometimes.air con noisy but all in all for the price and location its a gem.5 min to markets or malls

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple