We’re currently staying in this Hotel and enjoying it very much apart from ongoing problems in the Restaurant, Café Aseya, which is located within the hotel but under different ownership and management.
Hotel Tropika is a hidden gem, one of the nicest hotels I’ve stayed in with a superb location, lovely grounds/pool and very professional, courteous staff, not just at Reception but across all their services.
By contrast, the Restaurant is a disaster. I have rarely experienced such bad service anywhere, unprofessional and surly staff seeming to be asleep on the job and showing no interest in their customers. Evidently, they have a captive market with the hotel guests and can take advantage. After problems on 3 successive days, the only option is to go elsewhere to a neighbourhood restaurant. Unfortunately, our breakfasts were prepaid for the entire 11 day stay so we’ll just “grin and bear it”.
Should the manager have any interest in rectifying the problems (ironically, reported earlier in other Trip Advisor reviews), here is a list:
1) they wanted to charge for breakfast choices although I had fully prepaid for breakfast.
2) dinner menu brought to table but no one came to take the order.
3) my wife and I ordered at the same time but her meal was brought 10 minutes after mine and then only on being reminded that I too wanted to eat.
4) my wife’s meal was brought all at once, not the second course after the first course as had been specifically requested. So, the second course was eaten cold. The same happened with me, only I returned it and told the waiter to bring a fresh second course once I’d finished the first course. The delays meant that we didn’t actually eat at the same time.
5) the staff, evidently bored with their job, not overworked as we were the only guests, started playing loud music on their cellphones with zero consideration as to whether we might want to listen, (or not!). This contemptuous behaviour demonstrates how the restaurant staff regard their guests.
6) long after we’d finished eating, they had neither cleared the table, asked if we wanted desert or brought the bill. We went up to the service (sic) counter, signed the bill and left. Never again.