Lowest prices for your stay
₱1,844
Fully refundable before Fri, Jun 7
Hotels.com
₱1,844
Fully refundable before Fri, Jun 7
Agoda.com
₱1,816
Fully refundable before Tue, Jun 4
No fees just great deals
sid sharma
Noida, India

Memorable and enjoyble trip

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 22, 2019via mobile
Wow . Don't know where to begin with but the first impression I ever got was from room 413 . Size , comfort , beds , view of the city , location and most importantly right in front of grand City Mall .Our stay was one of the very best experience I ever had in Philippines as this was not just our first time visit to Davao but to this spectacular country as well. Marlon at the restaurant was very energetic in the morning and remembered our choice of breakfast meal and other two on job trainees whom I met the first day really helped me in selecting vegetarian choices . May , Niki, Joey , Gelly , Lin and Berna from the front desk were helpful in providing valuable information around the hotel such as mall , convenience store and other basic necessities. It was a family oriented trip since I visited girlfriend and her family for the first time. Overall it was fun and we really enjoyed our 9 day visit to Davao. Just a small recommendation that management should keep some sort of list of attractions at the front desk as it will save time and promote toursim around the area. Definitely looking forward to stay here someday in near future .
Date of stay: March 2019
    ₱2,828
3.8 km from Orange Grove Hotel
Restaurant
View more hotels in Davao City
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2019

its been a while.. however this hotel does not failed to put a smile on my face. i love their services. The staff are friendly and approachable. I love the nostalgic feeling. Very accessible. Near to any food stall.

Date of stay: February 2019
Reviewed September 14, 2018

the hotel is spacious and affordable. the location is perfect, only one ride to malls and also to airport. the breakfast and the staffs were very accommodating. very strong signal for wifi. the housekeeping will really response to your needs anytime of the day.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2018

A quite acceptable 3.5 Star Hotel! The rooms are clean and comfortable. The upstairs ding staff are exceptional lead by Marlon the waiter! The upstairs restaurant offers an excellent menu with delicious food. Breakfast cooked to order is superb!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2016

Hotel staffs are friendly and accommodating. They response proactively to our inquiries prior to booking. Prices are reasonable given that they offer spacious rooms with free breakfast. The location is also strategically located near restaurants and about 10-minute ride to Davao Crocodile Park.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2016

I stayed in this hotel because it was recommended by a friend. He said it was the nearest to the training venue where I was a resource speaker and it was also near the airport. And yes, it was. It would only take around 10 to 15 minutes taxi ride to the airport and the venue.

Arriving at the lobby, you can already determine that the hotel's interiors is quite dated, but clean. The door man is friendly and welcomes the guest with a smile. What they lack in modern amenities is made up with quick and cheerful service. From the door man, to the front desk, to the breakfast people, up to room service and housekeeping. I had no problem at all with promptness and instructions are immediately accomodated.

They also have a bar/lounge at the ground floor that I could imagine would be convenient for those impromptu business meetings or a night cap. I was not able to try the bar as I was usually too tired when I got to the hotel

The property has 5 floors with a working elevator. The breakfast area is in a room on the 5th floor. This reminded me so much of a two-star hotel I stayed in when I went to Paris. My room was on the 4th floor facing the street.

My room is big with one twin bed, bed lamps overhead, a night table with a phone and the room service menu. It also has a work table, wardrobe cabinet, and cable tv. The TV though is not flat screen, but that's fine. I don't really mind as long as I can watch the news. They don't have a mini-ref or an in-room safe. The room I got is the standard single. But, the aircon is cold, so I had to put it on fan several times. I don't like cold rooms. I also like the fact that the room is well-lighted so I could read and work anywhere and I didn't have any problems with dimness.

The bathroom was pretty standard. But the hot water from the tap was not hot enough for me so I requested for a pail and a dipper (tabo) and used with my portable water heater. I always bring a water heater with me when the hotel I am going to stay in is not 5 star. Hot water is an issue for me in the mornings so I always come prepared. They only had one bath towel, one bath soap and one shampoo sachet. Pretty spartan. But, I don't have a problem with that because I always bring my own toiletries.

The breakfast they serve is a set plate with a choice between Filipino and American. Filipino is the classic rice, egg, viand. I always chose the pork tocino. American was two toasts, 2 eggs and either, ham, bacon, etc... You get the idea. I had Filipino for two days and American for one just so I had variety. For the price I paid for the room, the free breakfast was expected. No problem with that in so far as I am concerned.

Sleep was not all that great though. They only had one pillow. And since the hotel was at an intersection and is truly a busy intersection, it was pretty noisy way into the night. The trucks were the most noisy. Again, that was because my room faced the street. If that is an issue for you, I advice you to take a room on the side that was away from the street. But, if you are truly tired from a day of going around Davao, I'm sure the noise wouldn't matter.

But one thing I love about the room was the strong wifi. There were no problems at all. Each floor had access. But, the password expires after a day so you have to request for a password again once it expires. They will promptly send the password on a slip once you request so I had no problem at all with that.

What I love about this hotel though is that the guard is prompt when you need a taxi. And of course, the location, being just a short 10 minutes from the airport so you could forget the two hours you need to be at the airport before your flight. You could leave the hotel an hour before your flight and I assure you that you will still be able to make it. Just pray that there are no stalled trucks along the way or any kind of out-of-this world traffic trouble.

As my title suggests, this hotel would be great for the frequent traveller who wants affordable accomodations that has the standard amenities and good service.

Yes, I would come back, especially if I am the one paying for my hotel. It is value for money.

Room tip: The rooms facing the street is noisy. Get a room away from the busy intersection.
Date of stay: October 2016