“Mexican Food with Filipino Interpretation”

Silantro Fil-Mex Cantina
Ranked #7 of 569 Restaurants in Pasig
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed 23 January 2019 via mobile

Very informal atmosphere and very busy for dinner - the staff - in particular Jam - are excellent and go to extra lengths to keep patrons happy. They actually serve USDA beef and I requested medium and the skewers were perfectly done and delicious and tender - the house quesadilla was not flavorful enough for me as the added refrito frijoles was almost flavorless mush. I didn’t order their special Paella variation as serving was huge but it looked fantastic. The dinamita were a clever version of chili relleno with long chilies wrapped like a spring roll and fried - alas - I would have preferred much spicier chilies. I prefer spicy food personally- food here is mildly flavored. Nice restaurant to go to especially as a group. Serves is prompt. Food is prepared fresh. Beef is outstanding.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed 22 December 2018 via mobile

Probably one of the best dining places in Pasig, Kapitolyo in particular. Reasonable prices for such huge servings. My personal favorites are: paella and beef nachos (although I noticed other branches add more beef than Kapitolyo branch). I can go here everyday and just eat their beef nachos. That's how much I love it. I've also tried their ribs but not to my liking. Theirs is a bit dry, I prefer the fall-off-the-bones kinds of ribs. Their quesadilla is also not exceptional for me, I barely tasted the meat inside because it was overpowered by too much cheese (others prefer that way though). For the drinks, my sister told me they have nice dalandan drink which is her and my mom's favorite, but I found it too sweet. Another dish I tried is their salpicado (which I think is also called salpicao). It was okay, but nothing special for me. As mentioned, prices are reasonable. Each dish costs 150-350 pesos only, except of course for their steak which can go as high as 400+ pesos. Every visit costs us more or less 1500 pesos (4 persons). Not too bad, right?

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 12 December 2018

First visited Silantro during the first few days of their opening in their Capitolyo Branch in Pasig. Never thought that there would be a restaurant like that in that place since they are located at the farther side of Capitol Drive. Since then my best friend and I had been frequenting this place with our other friends. Only recently did we visit less due to our busy schedules and the traffic plus the fact that there are other restaurants near our area that recently opened.

We particularly love their soft tacos with all the meat choices. Their nachose are really very good. Serving is good as well.

If there is anything that they need to improve on, that would be on the wating time especially during busy season and during peak hours. But htis would not stop us from coming back to this restaurant.

Ít has been a while since we had been to this restaurant particularly this branch (since they also opened in UP Town Center) and it's time that we visit again one of this days.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 29 November 2018

This is one of the hidden gems of Manila. I haven't heard of this place before, one of my colleague asked to eat out and since this was near our office they decided to visit this place. And oh my God my taste buds were the happiest. I am such a chicken wings addict since birth, their chicken wings were one the best wings I had so far. And their nachos? You don't want to miss ordering one and oh don't forget their famous quesadillas! Can't wait to be back!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Will definitely come back again. Budget-friendly for those who have prepared themselves to eat out. Service is superb - so please stay that way. Some customers couldn't keep their cool but I was glad to see the crew keep that smile. Food itself is amazing - just make sure you are not starving when you go there because of the long wait.

Date of visit: September 2018