“Quality time with the family plus holidays.”

Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Pasig
london
“Quality time with the family plus holidays.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2017 via mobile

Me and my wife visit Manila to stay with my son and daughter in low. City looking good, multi storages buildings. This city looks made of concrete. Sky high buildings. Worst things are here is traffic. I have visited many cities before but traffic I have seen or experience anywhere else. Oak wood hotel is about five star hotel. Good hotel all round. Happy to be here.

Stayed January 2017, traveled with family
MeinradGM, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, January 17, 2017
Dear guest

Thank you for choosing the Oakwood Premier Manila. Me and my team are very pleased to receive your feedback and we all hope you will visit us soon again.

MSchibler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Thai first
Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2017 via mobile

Although we encountered a few kinks in our room, like broken door locks (both main and room) & trash bin and slow internet connection, we still loved it as it was very spacious, clean, with a functional kitchen, a sauna and bathtub with tv. Gym is great. Breakfast, ok.
What we didn't like were the services:
1. Housekeeping. The phone just kept on ringing and when it went through, took about 15 minutes or longer for them to deliver the things requested;
2. Although kitchen is functional, everything comes with a price though they should be included in a kitchen, like some detergent, can opener or even an additional plate;
3. And this last one was what really got on my nerve, if not for Christmas season, I'd give a lengthy lecture to the staff of this service apartment. Lapdogs of foreigners are very much alive in this place! Don't want to sound racist but that's what happened. They were so courteous and accommodating to foreigners but not to the locals. An instance was both me and my son have our hands full of packages and takeouts, when we entered the front door, the uniformed guy clearly saw us, but turned the other way pretending didn't see us and did not open the door for us, but as soon as we have entered, the foreigner couple behind us was courteously ushered by him to the front desk, completely with a semi bow and a wide smile. Holy cow, didn't know that Pinoy lapdog like him still exists in this millenium! Oh to be fair to this guy, not only him, but some front desk staff and bellhops too, whom we have met inside the elevator, their smile and greetings were intended for the foreigners and locals were completely ignored. It's really sad to see these people servicing a hotel.

Stayed January 2017, traveled with family
MeinradGM, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, January 9, 2017
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Oakwood Premier Manila for your stay. I am very sorry that you did not like all aspects of your stay. Please rest assured that I will address each point with my team to make sure our services remain the best for our guests.

In the meantime me and my team hope that you will return very soon.

Chatswood, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2017 via mobile

Lower floors are spacious and generous; however extremely noisy! So beware! Also the vents are connected. Was not happy to wake up to fish smell at breakfast from the next unit. I was here on business. I also had an allergic reaction from breakfast buffet. How seafood can be mixed in scrambled eggs? There bar had strong cigar smoke that emanated into main dining area gave me a headache. Only selected this accommodation do to proximity to office location. My colleagues enjoyed it though.

Stayed March 2016, traveled on business
MeinradGM, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, January 5, 2017
Dear guest

Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us and be assured that I will discuss each point with my team to seek improvement. In the meantime we all hope that you will be visiting us very soon again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

My stay experience was very nice. Staffs are very nice to us when we stayed here. But i must say that the quality of the amenities is just okay. I dont know why. Its just not a five star thing for me.

Stayed December 2016
Dear guest

Thank you for choosing the Oakwood Premier Manila for your stay and for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor. I will share your feedback with my team and we all hope that you will be back very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2016

My family and I decided to have our yearly staycation here in Oakwood. We had a great stay in our suite and it is very comfortable and the have very nice amenities. I am just wondering why they don't have bubble bath soap ready since the hotel has a bath tub, it's the only thing lacking in a perfect bathroom, and by the way please check regularly the handshowers in the bathtub area, it's not functioning well. While waiting on the lobby, I observed that some of the staff are courteous and they are not friendly and approachable, it seems like some of them are being picky on whom hotel guests they want to accommodate. I may say that this is a good place to relax but not so good customer service.

• Stayed December 2016, traveled with family
MeinradGM, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, January 3, 2017
Dear guest

Thank you for choosing the Oakwood Premier Manila for your stay. I am very pleased you did like your stay. I will follow up on the handshowers in the bathrooms to assure they will be functioning perfectly. Also we will intensify training so all our guests receive equally courteous treatment from all of our associates.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back very soon

MSchibler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasig
0.4 km away
Edsa Shangri-La
Edsa Shangri-La
#1 of 7 in Mandaluyong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,685 reviews

Been to Oakwood Premier Joy - Nostalg Center Manila? Share your experiences!