Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
₱3,008
Go to your Happy Price
Vio.com
₱2,731
All reviews walking distance sm mall of asia buffet breakfast choose this hotel shower room close to the airport moa floor arena manila gym cons taxis toiletries staycation
Selected filters
Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here 3 times, one was two years ago and as everyone can see with my previous review it was great. The last time was a few days ago before we explored other places in the Philippines. That was ok, was upgraded and was assured we should get the same upgrade since that was their promo. Checked in for an 11 nights stay to be told no upgrades available and was placed in a room overlooking the side of the building and has a weird cigarette smoke smell. I feel like I was conned! If we've known, we would cancel and stayed at better places. Or even upgraded our room. Now they say we can't do that as fully booked.

They also took the money of my credit card two days before I was checking in. We stayed at an upmarket hotel in Cebu and I didn't even provide any credit card details so definitely not standard practice.

Every time I tried to sort my booking with this hotel in the last few months I get uninterested staff.

My husband was so impressed by his stay two years ago that he insisted we stay here again. Big mistake. I've always recommended this place to friends and colleagues in the UK, well I guess I'll be telling everyone not to bother.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reservations T, Duty Manager at Golden Phoenix Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

"Dear 145audreyj,

We regret to find out that you were not exactly pleased during your most recent stay with us. It is with heavy heart to read your comments and for the benefit of the readers, we would like to share our responses:

We do acknowledge that we were not able to accommodate your room upgrade request during your most recent stay. We would however like to point out that our staffs did try their best to accommodate your request but it was apparent that we were already fully booked that time.

We are also sorry if the room given to you smelled of cigarette. We hope that you have raised this concern with one of our staffs or manager on duty in order for us to properly assist you.

We were also able to find out that your recent booking was under Windsurfer - SHR. Please be informed that this online website requires a pre-authorization on your credit card as a form of guaranty prior to your arrival. This information is clearly specified in the website and booking order. Moreover, we were also able to confirm that the same website was used on your previous booking last month which is why we were surprised to learn that you did not know about this procedure.

On behalf of the management, we would like to again apologize for not meeting your standards. We were disappointed to learn that your visit was not to your liking, and regret any inconveniences you may have experienced. Thank you for your review as it is through this that we are able to further improve on our services."

Reviewed April 28, 2019

A hotel to book if you are in for an excellent shopping experience and gastronomic delight as it is just a 10 minute walk from the Mall of Asia. The room Is very clean, the bed is super comfortable and beddings smell good. The mini fridge is stocked up with various drinks and there are munchkins available on the countertop. There's a kettle and cups for tea and coffee which is standard to hotels of similar category. The hotel has a restaurant that serves authentic chinese cuisine although I didn't get to try it as I ate out most of the time. What's a bit odd and disappointing with this hotel is that you have to use two elevators on the opposite side of the building to get to your room. Confusing for a first timer. All things considered this hotel deserves a repeat in the future.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reservations T, DUTY MANAGER at Golden Phoenix Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

"Dear rudynoblezada,

We are pleased to learn that you were very satisfied with your stay in the hotel. It is nice to know that you found everything that you needed during your stay. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!"

Reviewed April 28, 2019

The front office manager, Jherome, was kind enough to give a good rate when I extended my stay till 8pm to catch my 11pm flight. My sister and I enjoyed the breakfast buffet with a wide selection of Asian/Filipino dishes -- kinda like having lunch actually. The location is great since it is walking distance to the SM Mall of Asia. The room is spacious. I would highly recommend.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

Booked to this hotel online.
We arrived April 10, past 2pm. Went straight to the concierge, &took us only 4 mins I guess, with a 3k deposit (refundable in checking out), to checked in and was accompanied by a porter, one who helps u carry ur bags, whatever u call it, and lead us to our room. Hallyway was not that appealing, with a small sweaky sound on our few steps right on the second floor where elevator is located going to our room. Not a big deal anyway. Well our room was really nice and clean. I love the headboards, making the room classy. My son, (the birthday boy) love the chips they have at the mini bar, me too! I love their lamp shades too! Have nice dramatic effect to the room with its mini adjustable flashlight connected to it which is so helpful while Im reading on my cellphone.
This place is still a walking distance to Mall of Asia but at my age 47, its kinna exhausting and I just had my operation last week.
The breakfast buffet is also great! With lots of food to choose from. Lots of juices to choose. They have pandesal, speads like cream cheese, blueberry, strawberry, butter. Also salads, and fruits. I love pakwan and melon. They also have small pastries. Brewed coffee, even white coffee what ever that is. U can even ask for scrambled egg cooked in front of u. Overall food was great for me!
Pool was just small. Chinese male teens make it as their hangout area. Sitting on the sides.
We had a really cool cozy room, clean comfy comforter, nice bed and sound sleep for 2 nights here.
Lots of chinese here in the hotel.
Room was tidied up when we left for malling, the next day. New toiletries too!
Overall, our hotel experience was great!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reservations T, duty ,manager at Golden Phoenix Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2019

"Dear cccnnnzzz,

We are very much delighted to learn that we were able to make your stay an enjoyable and memorable one. It is always a good feeling whenever guests such as you appreciate the services that we offer. Hearing about your review will definitely give us more reason to always strive harder in providing the best service to all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!"

Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

I am breathing from my mouth as I am typing this review, as the room is over sprayed with some artificial perfume, we booked eight rooms for transit purpose and all the rooms have this smell, WHY? Maybe to cover damp smell. The vibes of this hotel is not ok for a good international standard, it has a lame shark fin restaurant, only non cultured people would eat that. There’s some loud Chinese man talking on the phone in front of the lift, not the hotel fault but still bad vibes at midnight. Apart from the bad vibe comment, the check in itself was super slow, like they over booked the room, took them almost 30 mins to give us the keys. Can’t wait to leave this place. Hope my lungs would be fine by tomorrow.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reservations T, DUTY MANAGER at Golden Phoenix Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2019

"Dear puffin46,

It is unfortunate to learn about your disappointing experience during your stay in the hotel. We really did seem to get everything wrong throughout your stay. We offer no excuse for this and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Rest assured that we will share your feedback to all the concerned departments in order for us to further improve on our services.

We do hope that this negative experience will not deter you from giving us a chance to make your stay better.
"