“Fabulous pork buns and 'ayt' ramen”
Review of Ippudo

Ippudo
Ranked #3 of 535 Restaurants in Mandaluyong
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 13 December 2016

We were on a ramen kick from 2014 to early 2016, and Ippudo was one of the places we got to try right after it opened in the Mega Fashion Hall area. The lines were absolutely long and table sharing was a necessity (kinda afraid of splashing the people around me since I am still far from being a slurping expect, which, mind you, is the proper way to eat the ramen), so that was just a tiny bit uncomfortable. We took advantage of the free pork buns promo, and was absolutely surprised with how good those were. Then, the ramen was served, and I was a bit underwhelmed. It was delicious, but not as large a serving as Ramen Nagi's (not much customization too) nor Hanamaruken's. The broth was umami-rich, and the entire experience was nice, but if there's one thing we go back for, it'll surely always be the pork buns.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

Been meaning to try this place out in the NYC locations but it takes flying half-way around the world to do so. While walking around, I just happened to see a sign tucked away in a corner on the second floor of MOA and there was no line. While very good, I would say it was a little pricey for the portion. I prolly wouldn't go back but got to try it out finally.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

Its a good place to go to for Ramen,

The service is very good, when it was my first time the waiter walked me through the choices giving me a thorough description of what they had to offer.

I like that you can choose the firmness of your noodles and add extras to your order.

The ramen itself is pretty good, tasty broth, a generous serving (since I was able to order a second serving of noodles to make the most of it) its a little on the pricey side, probably competitive but upwards of PHP.500 at the time this was written.

They take their surveys very seriously, after putting in my input on the survey sheet they gave me, the manager immediately came to me to talk about it and apologize where necessary.

All in all a good place to go for Ramen, I'd say its one of the better ones but the best is still that one in Makati in another review.

Keep it up guys, I'll be back.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

It was my first time to eat ramen and thank God because I had eaten it on this restaurant. It was so good and I was really full after it. I just really hate the seating format. I hate eating at public places when someone can also see me. It was really awkward. It's hard to talk with your friend because someone can hear you. They keep on looking at you. And the chants of the staffs are annoying even though they are not welcoming customers. But overall the service is good even though the service charge is really high.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

I love anything noodles and ramen is one of noodle dishes that I will order at any given time. Let me give some highlights why I love this resto.

Noodle: thin, soft, not soggy, and doesn't taste like boiled water
Soup: savory, not too salty, no overwhelming taste
Flavor: (tried 3 of their variants) heavenly
Meat: tasty, does not have an aftertaste of a piggery (unlike other ramen I've tried)
Serving: good enough for 2. They will let you add noodles if there's still soup in your bowl for P80.
Price: around 395 to 495 if you upgrade your serving.

This should be a must-eat resto in your list.