“Good Food, has function rooms but can be too crowded”

Vikings SM Megamall
Ranked #6 of 552 Restaurants in Mandaluyong
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 14 December 2018

We reserved one of the two function rooms at Vikings-SM Megamall. The function room can accomodate around 20 persons. There are high chairs that are available but on a first come-first serve basis so you better get one immediately if you are bringing a toddler or child with you. There are also colorful plastic plates for kids.

I always go for fresh salmon and tuna on this kind of buffet. There are the usual greens and salads with choices of dressings. Chinese, Filipino, American and pastas are available. Desserts consist of ice creams, cakes, chocolate & strawberry fondue fountain, local sweets like puto bumbong, bibingka, sweet bananas, fruits such as mango, watermelon, pineapple, & melon.

However, the buffet may become too crowded during the first couple of hours as guests rush in. Long lines may be experienced to avail of popular food. If you do not prefer to que in line, I suggest you let it pass and go to the not too crowded areas like the japanese sushi area or salad table first then wait until the crowd dispense.

For beer lovers, Carlsberg beers can be found in the mini freezer in the drink bar but these can be gone quickly as only limited numbers are available. If consumed you can just avail of the craft beer in the beer dispenser.

Self serve free drinks include: cucumber juice, ice teas, softdrinks, fruit water.

Overall, you will find something you will like and will never be hungry in this buffet restaurant.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed 12 December 2018

So many choices. Japanese, Chinese, Western, Italian, etc. Unlimited drinks and coffee. Love the varieties.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 9 December 2018

There were so many choices, but the line is long, do reserve early.
Birthday celebrants geta small cake. Waiters gracious, always doing their rounds to help.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had lunch there yesterday and I must say I was pretty impressed. The place is huge with an unheard of array of food choices. Everything from Filipino delectables to pizza. When we got there we were arriving at the same time a bus load of students were, too. I thought, "Great. " But no conflicts occurred. In fact, the place is so big, we never really knew they were there!
This is a buffet style restaurant with different serving stations throughout. There's even a chocolate fountain at the dessert bar. Oh, did I mention the unlimited drink station? It includes beer! If you're a wine drinker you'll have to pay extra for it.
The weekday price for adults is 638p and reservations are a good idea though not mandatory. You can take your chances.
I would have given a 5 star rating, but the beef was very tough. Maybe just mine. My wife said hers was perfect.
They are big on celebrations too so if it's your birthday or Anniversary be prepared.
All in all it's a great place for lunch or dinner.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Met my beautiful cousins here. They’ve never tried this place before. We tried to phone the place both MOA and Megamall for reservation but was told they are fully booked. We decided to rack up anyway.

That was the best decision.. as it turned out they do walk in bookings. We waited for no longer than 5 mins and we got called in straight away to be seated.

The food selection is catered to please everyone, from the locals, Chinese, Japanese, Western and Indian influence. The desserts were plenty and the drinks everything including beer on taps... whatever you fancy.

We’ve been to many buffets before.. London, Melbourne, Vegas, Singapore, KL and Vikings rank up there in choices and cleanliness.

No specific recommendations... you gotta try everything! oh, no seating time limits so do enjoy every food and every morsel!

Date of visit: October 2018