2 people are viewing this hotel
US$110
Free cancellation until 29/10/21
US$118
Free cancellation until 30/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$105
Free cancellation until 30/10/21
Hotels.comUS$118
eDreamsUS$110
Destinia.comUS$143
2,297 results
All reviews garden wing heat restaurant chi spa summer palace horizon club health club lobby lounge breakfast buffet pool area in room dining fitness center favorite hotel mall manila renovation staycation traffic
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 June 2019

We stayed here for 2 nights to celebrate my husband and I’s wedding anniversary. I chose Shangri-la as I want to have a memorable and hassle free experience.

Initially we were offered to get an upgrade to the tower wing however since there’s no available twin bed, we chose to stick with the garden wing.

Our experience in the garden wing was not really that nice, the view was great and we appreciate the gesture of the surprise cake for our anniversary - thank you, however there were some incidents that made us feel what we paid too much for our room type. 1st of, the bathroom do not have hair dryer, the coffee amenities do not agree with the 5 star luxury hotel name. I have stayed in other 5 star hotels and they mostly have nespresso machines nowadays. These are minor, what really bothered us is the foot steps sounds that we can hear from the room above us, they were moving even until 2 in the morning, we can also hear people talking/moving from the hallway. We got up around 6am, we did not really had a good night sleep. We informed the front desk and Vina was very helpful and moved us to the tower wing. This time no foot steps sound were heard. We appreciate we were accommodated to move, however, of course, there were time wasted in this complaint and room change, apart from the sleepless night we had. I hope the sound proofing will be improved in the garden wing so even if there were inconsiderate guest, the other guests looking for relaxation time will not be disturb. This is the reason we chose shangri-la over other hotels in the metro, I expected that comes with the expensive price is a comfy and hassle free stay.

The breakfast is ok, but the selection is i think too pricey for my 9 yr old kid. She just mostly ate bacon and rice, and paid almost 1,000 per day... we kinnda dont have a choice because we cannot leave her in the room while we are having breakfast. Another comment is on the noodle station you only have one soup ladle spoon for beef and seafood. I am allergic to seafood so when I saw this, I got alarmed, it will be nice to have separate soup ladle spoon for seafood, beef and chicken, I’m sure i’m not the only one allergic to seafood.

Other than this, we enjoyed the view in the pool and the activities in Cubs and cudddles, the staff were also polite and always have a smile on their faces. We also enjoyed the magic tricks performed for kids while waiting for check in. Overall, i think the staff did their best to accommodate us and for us to have a wonderful day, but i hope hotel leadership will do something about rooms without complete amenities (garden wing no hair dyer, the tower wing has + coffee amenities comment I mentioned earlier).

Room tip: Choose rooms in the tower wing, they are more lit and newly renovated, they also have complete amenities compared to garden wing
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 00Aims00
Reviewed 9 June 2019

Old Charm but service exceptional!
We were touched by their chocolate compliments given to our son and its personalized too, with 2 macaroons, ube and strawberry, 2 choco pralines and a chocolate lollipop nestled in a pot full of nuts and crumbs..Yum!

Family oriented and kid friendly too, they have their own playroom and mini waterpark for kids.
Surprised our Tower Wing Deluxe room have its own built in bidet at the side of the toilet bowl. Bathroom amenities were complete. Nice!

Although, only a shower room is available, I was able to manage to give a quick bath to my 6 months old son in bathroom sink but with full assistance and support made sure my son was safely bathing.

My husband and I tried eating ice cream at the pool side ice cream bar and the price was reasonable just like the ice cream parlors at mall.

Tried caramel macaroon at the bakeshop price was like the teashops and tea restaurants at Metro, but personally found it too sweet in my end I guess that flavor was too sweet.

My hubby and I dated at Lobby Lounge at our first night stay and service was satisfactory.

The staff, security and employees were friendly, very accommodating. You would feel comfortable around them.

I must say if there is a chance I would comeback and check in.

Things to improve. Upgrade your interiors.

Room tip: Find the room that suits your needs and tastes.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
ESL_Amit_O, General Manager at Edsa Shangri-La, Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2019

Dear ValenzuelaMom,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are truly delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay in our hotel. Please know that we are always committed to providing the finest service and facilities to our guests who hopefully will leave with many fond memories. Your nice comments on our facilities and service are so much appreciated. Once again. thank you and we hope to have you with us again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2019

The checkin was okay. The front desk staff was attending to another matter, causing a slight delay and not making the good first impression.
The room was nice and bright, and it was a good location as I requested. Unfortunately, there was no fruit platter, they only offer banana bread even for a Golden Circle member. In-room dining was good. It was pricey but good. Bulalo was a standout dish.
The TV is poor, not even HD quality and with limited channels. But what was really disappointing was the wifi. The wifi is poor, very poor. The IT attended to the issue and said that there are other floors and units having the same problem. I called the attention of the duty manager and she offered a room transfer. But after a while, she said that the room transfer might not be the solution as there are other units with the same problem. But in fairness to the duty manager (Jowyn), she offered a complimentary breakfast to compensate for the wifi problem. Kudos to her and so I accepted the complimentary breakfast.
The breakfast was ok, but not that impressive. The servers were not that attentive, or maybe they are selective to whom they will offer service. I've experienced much better breakfast service at other hotels.
For the checkout, the duty manager Jowyn processed my checkout and apologized again for the wifi issues. Again, kudos to her.
Overall, Edsa Shangrila has nice rooms, but they can definitely improve upon their TVs and wifi service. Also, their breakfast selection can be very much improved. For in-room dining, keep up the great dishes. Housekeeping was good as well.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Voyage63855969252,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are pleased to learn that you are generally satisfied with your stay at our hotel. Please know that we are always committed to providing the finest service and facilities to our guests who hopefully will leave with many fond memories. Once again, thank you and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2019 via mobile

Although edsa shangrial forte is my choice, edsa is also a good hotel with excellent service levels. Rooms are nice and clean but old compared to forte. Breakfast spread is very good. Lunch at this place is amazing and beats any other restaurant by far. Overall very good place to stay.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank vishalp182

Dear vishalp182,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is indeed a pleasure to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please know that we are always committed to providing the finest service and facilities to our guests who hopefully will leave with many fond memories. Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back for yet another great stay.

Reviewed 5 June 2019 via mobile

What I love most during my stay was their pool which is undoubtedly clean, refreshing and the pool water has a lukewarm temperature. They have two separate pools, one for adults and one for kids.

The hotel rooms is just typical for a high end hotel like shang and nothing extraordinary. They could improve if they could also install toilet bidet for convenience.

The buffet breakfast is lavish and they had different cuisine like american, indian, japanese and the likes catering to their multinational guests.

The staff service were great and had a very welcoming approach where some were dressed in a filipino native dresses. The check in and check out process went smoothly.

Overall, for the experience, it was typical for a high end hotel and its quite expensive. But staying in any shangrila hotel is expected to be pricey considering their prestige and hotel brand plus the ambiance. Still, it was worth my stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear GinaxyTraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It is indeed a pleasure to hear that you had an enjoyable stay experience with us. Your nice comments on our service and breakfast buffet are so much appreciated. Please know that each and every member of our team does his very best to better serve our guests. Once again, we thank you and we hope to welcome you back again soon.