“Good food, overpriced.”

Senju
Ranked #10 of 505 Restaurants in Mandaluyong
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Senju elegantly transforms the Japanese dining experience into an art form. Each plate is treated like a masterpiece, created with passion and limitless imagination. Calculated presentations create a striking balance between beauty and flavour. The chef’s artistry can truly be seen in foods such as sushi, maki, sashimi and robatayaki, as well as special kaiseki menus. The restaurant has a total seating capacity of 130 diners and features four private rooms. Smoking is not permitted.
Reviewed 22 December 2017

The food is good, the service is very good. But it is too expensive for what it is. The price value relationship is not in sync.

Amit O, General Manager at Senju, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear Xplorer368

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear that you found the food quality satisfactory and that our team took good care of you. Each and every member of our team does his very best to serve our guests. Your observation about the prices has also been noted. Please know that we value your feedback. Once again, thank you and on behalf of the rest of my team, I look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

This is your your hoity-toity 5-star restaurant outlet but deserving and worthy of praise. What stood out in my book was the 5 kinds aburi sushi. I was here for my grandpa's birthday last week and the staff were kind to give him a small chocolate cake. They also sang Happy Birthday and gave it a personal Shangri-La twist. Delightful!

Amit O, General Manager at Senju, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Kim E,

Thank you for taking the time to share your dining experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you were very satisfied with with your overall experience, especially the food taste and quality. Your feedback is encouraging as we strive to provide our guests a memorable experience. Please also know that each and every member of our team does his very best to better serve our guests. On behalf of the rest of my team, I look forward to welcoming you in the future to once again delight you.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

I had dinner a couple of times during my last business trip to Manila. Senju is a good choice, with high quality Japanese food, mid-high service and great atmosphere. My only cons is that price is just a bit above expected.

Amit O, General Manager at Senju, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear Emilio M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your dining experience in Senju. We are glad your overall experience was very good. Please be assured that your comment about the pricing has been noted. Once again, thank you and we hope to welcome you back again when you are in Manila in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I had lunch with friends in this restaurant last October 4, 2017! The ambiance is relaxing and pleasing to the eyes. Excellent customer service as well. The food is great. Beef is on point! The sushis and sashimis are fresh and delicious! Kudos!

Nicola C, Executive Assistant Manager- Food & Beverage at Senju, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear joewinm,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you liked the food selection and that the ambiance of the restaurant was comfortable. Please know that we value your personal experience. On behalf of the rest of my team, I look forward to welcoming you in the future to once again delight you.

Nicola C
Executive Assistant Manager- Food & Beverage

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

When my friend asked me to eat here I just thought like "okay another Japanese restaurant" but when I tried their food, I think it's safe to say that it's not just "another Japanese restaurant" hahaha it was really appetizing and seriously delicious. I highly recommend this if you ever visit the area. ❤️

Nicola C, Executive Assistant Manager- Food & Beverage at Senju, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Roy Kevin P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that your found our food selection delicious. Please know that we value your personal experience and will be sharing this with the team. Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Nicola C