“Asian Food in one Place”
Review of Makansutra Hawkers

Makansutra Hawkers
Ranked #54 of 512 Restaurants in Mandaluyong
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I'm so happy with this place. I can eat dishes from Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Indonesia under one roof! Satay, Chili Crab, Oyster Omelette, mie goreng, lemongrass iced tea.. I could go on. There's so many to choose from depending on what you want to have when you come. Make sure to wash your hands as you may need to use your hands especially with Chili Crabs.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Makansutra opened last September 2016, and it's been on my To Try List ever since. I enjoyed my experience in Makansutra a few years ago in Singapore. That was when I first tried one of my faves, Cereal Prawns, which works so well with rice.

This time since it was a solo visit, I ordered only the following:
+ Laksa (PhP 250) - Noodle soup with curry coconut milk, and with flavors and spices. 1/2 (this would be a 4 if they used rice noodles or rice vermicelli instead of egg noodles; at the Donald & Lily stall at the rear left)
+ Roti plain (PhP 80) - there are many versions and combinations, but since I ordered the Laksa, I just took the plain one with curry dip. The Roti was very good, though the curry dip could be better suited by being more flavorful (stronger curry and less watery, the spice could be lowered, too but I could take it. (at Curry Flurry at the rear center)
+ Bandung (PhP 90, add PhP 10 for the gulaman) - Rose drink, added with black gulaman. Unusual, but very good. I liked it. (center, at the Drinks and Desserts station)

TIPS:
+Must Order #1 - I think it's still the Laksa. I'll try to order the Cereal Prawns and I hear the Chicken Satay was good, next time.
+Must Order #2 - Bandung. Yummy.
+ Preferably go here with a date or group so you get to try more stuff. I like the chairs and tables; there's a variety of them, some modern, a few cool wooden ones. The place could be more well lit in certain parts but, all things considered, I liked the look.

Makansutra is actually built like a Hawker area, with many stalls to choose from - - 12 in total, but without overlapping offerings.

MAKANSUTRA Ratings, at a Glance:
> Food & Beverage: 1/2
> Service :  (food took longer than I'd like but I was also busy taking pics.
> Ambience: 1/2
> Value for Money:
___________

> Worth a Try      : Yes (especially if you like Singaporean, Peranakan, Indian and Malaysian, among others)
> Worth a return : Maybe, if I'm looking to eat Singaporean and I'm in the area but Megamall is mega far from me... So it'll be a while between return trips.
> VERDICT          : (solid visit, just not a priority to return)

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Place is clean, food taste good although quite expensive. I like the chicken satay and pork ribs with coffee rub.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

It's a great place to experience Singaporean, Malaysian, Asian food. Very friendly and accommodating staffs. It's a bit pricey though, for a single serving of rice meal, it would cost around P200, but it's worth a try. It has a wide selection of food to choose from, from noodles to roti, to rice bowls to seafoods and roast ducks. They also offer unique desserts and drinks.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

Chances are, you've been in Singapore (or Malaysia) for quite a while to get an affinity for the food selections in Makansutra.
Their branch in Megamall Mandaluyong certainly satisfies your occasional cravings - from duck & clay pot rice, hokkien mee, char kway tiao, satay's, chili crabs, wanton noodles, laksa's, to kopi tarik's, milo dinosaurs, & kachang's , and many more..
Prices are almost the same as when you're at Glutton's Bay.
Orders are usually accepted until at least 30minutes before the mall closes.