Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Justin R
Bluemont, Virginia

Best overall value in Makati

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 29, 2020
I work in Manila every other month and the Primea is always my first choice. They do everything well, with a few aspects of the hotel being exceptional. I've logged more nights in this hotel that any other around the world, so this place I feel like I can speak confidently.

What's exceptional? Let's start with the service. You cannot find more courteous and kind staff, even in a country as hospitable as the Philippines. The amenities are fantastic. They have a great gym with free weights, machines, and a squat rack. If you've been traveling much in Asia, you must know how exceptional it is to find a good squat rack in a hotel gym! The salon gives haircuts so good and affordable that I actually will wait weeks for a haircut if I know I'm heading to Manila. The cigar/whiskey bar on the 2nd floor is small, but intimate, as a cigar bar should be. Plus, being in Makati puts you close to lots of business and government hubs for work, as well as hundreds of great restaurants and a couple museums. Everything else is to the standard I'd expect of a hotel at this price point.
I stay at the Primea so that I don't have to worry about anything other than work when I'm here. It's the most time and energy saving effort for me when I can focus on my work, and not how I'm going to launder my clothes, find something to eat, and deal with distracting daily minutiae. That means I wring more value out of these business trips. The Primea is a stellar find in Manila, and worth the price tag.
Discovery_Primea, General Manager at Discovery Primea, responded to this review
Responded Mar 11, 2020
Dear Justin R,

Thank you for your kind words. We are always pleased to hear from our guests; especially when we learn that we have been essential in making their stay in Makati, whether for business or pleasure, a memorable one. We hope to welcome you again soon at Discovery Primea.

NWMNL Lobby
2.0 km from Discovery Primea
Restaurant
View more hotels in Makati
1,123 results
All reviews infinity pool business suite flame restaurant nespresso machine bedroom suite makati skyline washer dryer guest services room service in room dining the hotel manager breakfast buffet star hotel living area home away from home glorietta malls spacious rooms
Selected filters
Reviewed January 28, 2020

Firstly the staff are excellent at this hotel as is the location and the rooms. I welcome that the hotel has a dress code of no shorts and no flip flops / slippers to enter the bards and restaurants

However the management have gone crazy with the same dress code required to enter the only smoking area open 24/7 in the hotel which is literally a cupboard!

This is totally outrageous and is a policy that should be reviewed, despite all the rest lovely things this hotel offers it’s the reason I won’t be back

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank nathan a
Discovery_Primea, General Manager at Discovery Primea, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2020

Dear nathan a,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your feedback. We will utilize this to review our smoking area policy.

Reviewed January 27, 2020

Jan. 8,2020

What a wonderful honeymoon setup in Discovery Primea, I thank housekeeping team for giving extra effort to amaze us with the SWAN folding of towel and petals on bed. The service and employees were amazing. Especially from front desk Ms. Sherry Lucero who went the extra mile to make our stay and honeymoon special, And Ms. Leona who was persistent on checking in on how our stay was going and if we needed anything. We enjoy and love the food at Flame restaurant. Thanks to Mr. Sen who took care of us and knowledged us about the food we ordered. We enjoyed having some shots and cocktails at The Edge Bar. It has good atmosphere and it was relaxing there too. Thanks to Ms. Mona from Tapenade restaurant who made sure we had a great breakfast experience. The infinity pool is really outstanding.

It was our second staycation at Discovery Primea. My Fiance always want us to have at least overnight stay in this hotel every time I visit Philippines.

Overall the whole stay was an incredible experience from start to finish.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Discovery_Primea, General Manager at Discovery Primea, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2020

Dear marcfrancism,

We are pleased to know you had a wonderful honeymoon with us! It always warms our hearts to know that we helped make special occasions even more special for our guests. Thank you also for the kind compliments and acknowledgements that you have given our associates; we made sure to share this with them. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2020 via mobile

Hope this review helps future travelers as well as the hotel management to make improvements

Check-in : Cold and confusing. I had a long flight from US and I arrived early. They asked me for 90 usd additional to check in 3 hours early. However manager quickly fixed the issue cold front desk lady created. Thank you manager

Gym: nice but limited need more machines. Gym staff is unfriendly and they dont care

Pool: pool guy is rude, and dont care about the guests. He was busy brushing his teeth behind the pool bar. No pool service for food or drinks available when I was the pool for 3 hours.

Food: very average. Restaurant service is good and bad. Some staff are lovely and others they are rude, untrained and dont care

Bar/lounge: service is great! Good live music but need more wine selection

Room: very comfortable and because of room I could stay at this place one week or longer. Bed is comfy but tv in bath tub was not working.

Overall the Discovery Primea hotel is a pleasant hotel although let me make clear, they are NOT a 5 star hotel. 4 yes 4.5 maybe but not 5. Management has a lot of improvements to make and training to do to make this hotel great. Take the challenge to do so!

Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank DecoWorldTraveler

Dear DecoWorldTraveler,

Thank you for your feedback. We have taken into consideration your comments and will utilize it to further improve our services, and always welcome the opportunity to learn how to better serve our guests.

Reviewed January 23, 2020 via mobile

We are so glad we stayed there instead of the older nearby prosperities. This one is much more up to date and hosted much less events. So happy we chose it.

At first we were prompted by what we could remember but a friend who stayed there mentioned the Discovery Primea to us. It is so convenient as location as well. Book without hesitation. Staff was great and so were the facilities.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Discovery_Primea, General Manager at Discovery Primea, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2020

Dear simgrila,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We always strive to provide a relaxing and worry-free stay for our guests. Thank you and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

My family of four stayed here for 8 nights to spend time with relative over the Christmas period.
I booked the two bedroom Primea suite and we have nothing negative to say about the quality of rooms.
It’s spacious, modern, clean and we were very comfortable.
It was a luxurious experience having television in every part of the unit including the bathroom!
Complete kitchen items as well as washing machine that saved us tremendous time searching for nearest laundromat that can accommodate rushed pick up. Very handy if you have kids.
Great amenities too. Gym was fantastic and pool is amazing!
Staff are always friendly and accommodating.
Breakfast was okay - we’ve experienced better but room service food is great and fresh.
Great location being across the road from Ayala shopping centres making grocery shopping and last minute Christmas shopping much easier!

Just a couple of small things:
1.) They struggled to accommodate buffet breakfast during Christmas period and they had to relocate us to a different floor too. This only occurred for a couple of days.
2.) If you also wanted food delivered from Grab or Food Panda, bikes aren’t allowed to enter the driveway area. I’ve had to meet to the delivery person outside the building.
Apart from this we would definitely come back!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Discovery_Primea, General Manager at Discovery Primea, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2020

Dear charmorr,

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have taken into account the items that you have raised and will consider it in the review of our policies and procedures. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Thank you.