“Fantastic Hotel - Nothing else to wish for”
Review of Discovery Primea

Discovery Primea
Ranked #2 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed in executive suite for three nights then I moved to business king room for ten days, the beds were so comfy, the TV in the bath, the service is excellent, staff are super kind, helpful, very friendly and service orientated. Stunning surroundings with every facility available and the design of the hotel is very elegant and the rooms are big and very clean and beautiful, breakfast is very good and food was delicious too. The location is perfect for the city and all the malls within walking distance in heart of Makati and near the businesses and the greenbelt area, fantastic value for money.
I would like to thank everyone and specially the following names because they went above and beyond to make my stay memorable:

Front disk Mr. Henry and two ladies I forgot their names.
Room Service Ms. Alma and Ms. Mona
Concierge Mr. Nicolas, Mr. Rein hard, Ms. Nica, Mr. Christian and My dear friend Mr. Jeremy.
Sorry if I missed any one

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
DPA_Primea, General Manager at Discovery Primea, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Ahmed A,

Thank you so much for your candid review of your extended stay with us. It’s great to hear such high praise for our hotel’s amenities, from our teams’ service, to the comfort of our beds, to the delicious offerings at breakfast. I truly appreciate you remembering so many of our people at the hotel, all of whom will be duly recognized for their efforts. Hope to have you back for another great stay down the road!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In the case of the Discovery Primea, you get exactly want you pay for. Excellent hotel matched with 1st class service. I spent the good part of the week at this high end hotel. I travel to Manila on a regular basis and thought I would try something different, although still wanted to be close to the bustle of the Makati City. The staff of the hotel are very keen to ensure your stay is nothing other than perfect. The breakfast is excellent, make sure you ask for 2 x poached eggs :) I stayed in a suit (504) great size room with everything you need. No matter where you are in the hotel, someone is always there to offer assistance with a smile. Very convenient to a very large shopping mall opposite the hotel. Did not try the spa as a little on the expensive side for Manila. However the gym is massive and has everything you need. Make sure you take time out to try the pool, great view with infinity pool. The hotel is not busy, or was not during my stay, has a boutique feel and the most welcoming hotel I have stayed in this year. I will be going back.

Room Tip: Go for a higher room, this is a city and there is always traffic.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business

Dear stevekemp2014,
Thank you for you kind review. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Discovery Primea. I’m also very happy to learn that you found great value in our product, and thrilled to know that you’re planning to come back. We always aim to make our guests’ stay the absolute best, at breakfast, by the pool, at the gym, everywhere really! We look forward to your next visit, for another excellent time at Discovery Primea!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for a couple of hours before my friend checked out and it was a nice experience! My car door was opened for me when I arrived which already set a good first impression! Made me feel like a real lady haha.

Rooms were immaculate! Eyeing my own stay at this hotel in the future!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear racamarse,

Thank you for the concise review! I’m glad to hear that we were able to make such an impression on you, even for a brief visit to your friend. We hope to hear about your own stay in the near future, which I’m sure you will enjoy!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I celebrated my birthday in Discovery Primea and it was the best decision ever. If you are looking forward to a city vacation that will give you the grandest time, consider Primea, right at the heart of Ayala, Makati. Here’s my review:
LOCATION. Discovery Primea is located along Ayala Ave, right across Glorietta 5. The main entrance is located at the back along Apartment Ridge – a quiet road exclusive to some of Makati’s elite condotels and similar establishments. Parking is worry free. Once you arrive, the free valet services will spare you the hassle of finding a parking in this area of Makati. Five steps away from Primea’s Ayala door is an underpass that connects you to Glorietta’s doorstep. Very accessible! This underpass (with escalator) really gives you a very modern and international feel – would actually be a great place for buskers. I also had to bring my friend home to BGC and because it is conveniently across McKinley road, it took me just minutes.
FOOD. Tapenade is the resident restaurant of Discovery Primea. I have eaten there several times and my favorite is the ribs! For this visit, we tried their pizza. A seafood platter was also served compliments of the chef. (He knew it was my birthday! Wow!) But it was the salad bar that my wife really enjoyed. The most diverse selection of greens, dressing, cheeses is worth every centavo. (Oh, salad bar is cheaper on throwback Thursdays) Unlimited Salmon, oysters and shrimp. Tapenade Salad Bar for the win! Compliments of the General Manager David Pardo de Ayala, a chef himself – the best chocolate cake was served in our room. Moist, rich, perfect. There is no weak option in the menu, everything is delicious and served in top quality, generously! And more importantly, it is reasonably priced and worth every cent – you will not even need to cross to Glorietta.
ROOM. Discovery Primea is a very new hotel. Our room is spotless! Upgraded to an Executive Suite, the room boasts a living room, a dining area, fully furnished kitchen, a nespresso machine! and even a washer. Yes I did my laundry there. Light and air conditioning are digitally controlled. Each room is now equipped with a HANDY. At first we thought someone left their fone. Plugged in a charging dock, a complimentary Samsung fone awaits the guest. It is basically a tour guide – with a special app that informs the user the “where to’s” of Makati and metro manila. You also get to call international for free! I think. This is a game changer and truly a first in the Philippines hotel scene. Of course the bed, pillows and comforter was top quality! 
GUEST SERVICES. This is where Primea shines brilliantly. There is professional and then there is Primea. The word is WARMTH. Active guest services. Care. Never for one second that I was there that I felt hesitant to ask. They staff performs their duties not as tasks – they are driven by the passion to make a positive impact on guests by giving them a grand experience…that’s how it feels. It’s guest services on steroids. For me, they are at par or even better than Disney on this one. The moment you sit down in Gilarmi Lounge, be assured that you will be greeted warmly with a smile and your glass of water will never be empty, a friendly pleasant conversation with their staff is also possible. Confident staff that balances presence, professionalism and warmth. I may be familiar with some of the staff but they do not let that translate to a dangerously comfortable lousy service.
Primea is an EXPERIENCE. Guaranteed that you will have the grandest time of your life there. As someone who loves hotel hopping and enjoyed the Disney and Universal brand of service for a decade as a guest and employee, let me tell you, Discovery Primea is definitely one of the best!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family

Dear franzgrimperial,

Thank you so much for leaving us such extensive and detailed review of your experience at our hotel. Your overwhelming praise of each and every aspect of our service is amazing, and I’m glad to hear the honesty in your review. We take great effort to create those experiences for our guests, and provide them with great memories across our property. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay to the utmost, and look forward to your next visit with us here at Discovery Primea!

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

This was my second time to stay in Primea and I was once again not disappointed. I had such a lovely stay thanks to the beautiful room, amenities and wonderful staff. I would like to commend Giro, Earvin and Leona for such a warm and hospitable welcome. Ms.Zandra was absolutely accommodating and made sure we had a wonderful stay. Chef Beam from tapenade ensured that we enjoyed the food just as much as we enjoyed our stay. Truly unforgettable and I can’t wait to check in again!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Celina M

Dear Celina M,
I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your second visit to Discovery Primea. Your review makes me proud of our team here at the hotel, especially Giro, Earvin, Leona, Zandra, and Beam, for making your stay truly memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back for your third stay soon!