“Hong Kong style restaurant”
Review of Tim Ho Wan

Tim Ho Wan
Ranked #17 of 1,675 Restaurants in Makati
Reviewed 22 June 2019

One of the best Hong kong style restaurant in makati. You will never go wrong eating here. The food are so delicious that you will never get tired ordering again & again. The place is cute & clean with super attentive staff always ready to assist. Wide selection of chinese food to choose from with value for your money & quite affordable to the budget. The place can be easily accessible by any mode of transportation.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (273)

Reviewed 10 May 2019 via mobile

Baked buns were good,and obviously ordered by almost every guest we’ve seen during our lunch there.

We ordered 2 more dishes which were good but could have been better. (If I compare it to place in China/HK,so rather high standard).

They said it will take 15 min but we had the first dish already after 5min. Once we finished the first plate,the next one arrived, so everything was fine.

All in all it’s worth it a try.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed 4 April 2019 via mobile

Why? Because they really don't have seat backs. We walked by the one at the Mall of Asia probably 100 times & wanted to try it. We found ourselves in Glorietta and decided - - now's the time. It was a short wait, about 5 minutes. After being seated, we waited for menus. Little did we know that the placemats were the menus. We ordered four dishes:

Beancurd skin roll w/shrimp: it's good. My only concern is the beancurd skin is so thin & fried that it was almost like a shrimp shell - - crispy. It's really good with the hot sauce.
Poached Vegetables: outstanding. Here's the "TIP" - - ask for the sauce on the side; you can use it as a dipping sauce for other dumplings. Veggies cooked perfectly. Highly recommended.
Pork dumpling w/shrimp: excellent. We dunked it in the poached veggies sauce, which was great. It's also good with the hot sauce.
Steamed egg cake: my wife liked it. For me, it needed sweetness.

Really, the whole thing is whether you like dim sum or not. If you do, you'll like it. For example, we were going to take my Brother-in-law to eat here a few days ago, but realized he wouldn't like it - - it's not his style. Service is a little slow, but we see that a lot lately . . . Not the cooking, the waitstaff & really there is no excuse for this. Last point, we ordered a pot of oolong tea; it was good, but I thought the pot was a little small - - differently no more than 2 people.

Enjoy.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed 1 April 2019

The dim sum here is good and the service from their staff not bad too although it’s rather slow. But not their fault, as this outlet is too small to accommodate the crowd. Table space is small too and just imagine, 3 types of dim sum already fill the whole table. Unless you rush through your meal, if not you will find the staff stacking up your dim sum.

Several must-try dishes, please see photos.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed 4 March 2019

Prawn Dumpling
As one of our favorite orders, it was no surprise that each piece was once again filled with seafood, making every bite worth it. I enjoy these with toyomansi but sometimes it's good without dipping too.

Baked Bun with BBQ Pork
The coating is still the best part for me since I'm a fan of breads, but the pork was still nice and hot with a reasonably sweet flavor. I had two pieces and still wanted more!

Jade Wonton Soup
I usually get congee so this was a little soup adventure I enjoyed trying! It came with a few pieces of wonton yet the overall serving size was fair. Every bite was addicting and tender too! This or the congee make great options for itchy throat.

Date of visit: February 2019