Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Trip.com
US$37
View deal
Booking.comUS$53
PricelineUS$52
getaroom.comUS$67
All reviews halal food makati avenue easy access night life short stay enjoyed my stay philippines traffic
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 November 2014

I have booked the 2 bedroom suite and as part of the cost of the room was breakfast for 2 people, not sure why though as I booked for 3 people so I entered from the website what I thought was the correct thing to do to add the additional person.
I contact the hotel via email which they responded to quickly in regards to another matter. Good service. They asked which day would i like the breakfast for. I was a little confused and responded to the email advising that I was attempting to purchase a breakfast for the 3rd person in the party. The communication has gone very silent and i have email the reservation desk again and still have not received a response.

I have made a reservation to check in the Nov 22.

Maybe this time my simple question about breakfast for the 3rd person will be addressed.

Are the 2 bedroom suite on a non smoking floor?

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Traveled with family
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about our hotel here in trip advisor. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our services.

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our related department. I understand your frustration, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it had caused you.

We are committed to you our valued guests, and are taking immediate corrective steps to regain your confidence in us and by now you should receive our reply.

Thank you again, for your honest feedback and our apologies again, we are looking forward to your visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Reviewed 30 October 2014

Stayed a single night as we needed to transit through Manila. Had 1x 2bedroom unit for our family of 2 adults and 2 kids (7yo & 4yo) and 1 x deluxe for my parents. The security guys and porters were very friendly and helpful. Upon check in we noticed a lot of 50+ yo western men entering and exiting the lobby area with Filipino women considerably younger than themselves, it was obvious what this hotel was being used for, and it wasn't exactly the environment I wanted my kids to be in, however we had been travelling all day and were in desperate need of a meal, shower and sleep. The interior was old and stunk of cigarettes. The rooms were very aged and furniture and carpets looked 20 years old. The 2 bedroom unit overlooked the neighbouring market square where a live band were playing. The music was loud and the paper thin windows allowed in all the noise. We ordered room service for dinner, the meals were very generously proportioned however the beverages are very expensive and can be bought at the shops immediately next door for a third the price, but you do need to confront the street beggars. The 2 room unit had 2 showers, 1 had a blocked drain so we had to avoid it. We showered and went to bed and much to our dismay the music outside continued until 2am - no fault of the hotels but we did eventually find out that the market and bands happen most nights. We barely slept and had to be up early for a flight out. The buffet breakfast had a very limited selection of food. We chose this hotel because we simply needed a place to sleep whilst in transit and needed to be close to the airport. We under-estimated Manila traffic, the 10 or so km journey from hotel to airport took an hour and a half, the return journey took half the time as it was on a Saturday morning. In summary our simple desire for sleep and quick transfer were not met by this hotel.

Room tip: Request a room that is not facing the market square next door. It has live bands playing till 2am and the windows of the hotel let in all the noise.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a comment about our hotel here in the trip advisor.

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our related department and the management. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it has caused you.

Thank you again, for your honest feedback, our apologies again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back here in our hotel to replace the negative impression with a more positive one.

Reviewed 27 October 2014

This is for Deluxe Room
Positive points;
1) Good location in Makati area.
2) Clean and wide room.
3) Staff are very friendly and supportive.
4) Good value/room rate.
Recommend to book this hotel.
Negative points;
1) Wi-fi is not stable in the rooms, good in lobby.
2) Time to change room carpet, otherwise soon will be get old.

Room tip: If you are in Makati take a look at this hotel
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Appreciate that you posted a review here at Trip Advisor complimenting the Hotel location, room cleanliness, friendly staff and room rate value for money.

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our related department. We are committed to you our valued guests and are taking immediate corrective steps.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Reviewed 26 October 2014

The very moment you step onto the steps of the hotel entrance after alighting,

Security: The Officers are friendly and helpful.

Frontdesk: The Officers are friendly and efficient. They try their level best to accommodate to the customer's request.

Hotel Room: They have a few types, but i was put up in the Executive Room. The Room is luxurious, spacious and extremely comfortable. The Executive Rooms are located on the Non-Smoking Floors. therefore, for non-smokers this is an added vantage. =D
The restroom is an elegant and conducive environment, two different types of shower heads. The only setback would be the lack of condiments in the mini-bar, well, there is only a cooler, an empty one too. The electric kettle and the peripherals are hidden, however, they would be found or you could always seek for the housekeeping's assistance. There are limited channels on the TV, however, it depends on how much of your time is spent inside the four-walls. As for the no.s to call, the hotel management has to do a small quick dial paper for referral instead of the book, else by dialing '0' for the operator.

Housekeeping: Friendly, honest, well-oriented and speedy with the customer's needs. Especially, in changing the sheets, cleaning the room and laundry services as well. For example, i needed my clothes to be sent for laundry service, therefore, i called them the housekeeping at 0630h, within 5 mins, there was a guy at the front door to collect my laundry bag.

Food: The breakfast is of a buffet style, plus the spread is indeed vast. Spoilt for choices. As for lunch and dinner, honestly, i had them, mostly, to-go, in other words, i had them as room service. However, simply delicious.

Everyday, there is a live band, each day a different group. All of them, their performance do entertain the guests well.

There is a gym and and a indoor swimming pool. On a lazy day, to boost the systems up before night, hitting the gym and/or swimming pool will definitely be worth it. However, the running thread mill has to be upgraded.

Transport: There is the hotel's transfer service, which would be safer to arrange it at least a day before. There are other public transport service as well, the Jeepney, the trishaw and the cab.

Attractions: There are a few places. Do look-up for the frontdesk staffs or the small office for attraction packages which is near the frontdesk.

Overall, my stay at the Berjaya Makati Hotel was excellent. I will look forward to spend my stay at this hotel if i ever come back to Makati area again.

Room tip: Rooms windows are either blocked by the nearby hotels. Only few rooms are facing the open area where live music plays. Plus, there are non-smoking floors, do request from the frontdesk upon checking in.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
NorazmanC, General Manager at Berjaya Makati Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here at tripadvisor regarding your wonderful stay here in our hotel. I sincerely thank you for the kind words and the good comments that made your stay memorable and enjoyable.

Comments like this continue to inspire us to do better in servicing our guests and clients. Rest assured that compliments will be extended to staffs that helped to creating memorable total experiences to your stay.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Reviewed 24 October 2014

The Hotel is on the border of the green zone, a 15 minute brisk walk. The hotel is generally tired. Room decor, carpet, curtains and especially the bathroom, a lack of hot water pressure, plenty of warm. The buffet breakfast is very limited, I would rate it a 3/10. The Hotel was in need of a full refurbishment 10 years ago. Staff are friendly & help where they can. In summary U need to measure the room rate against the hotel location & its age. Its 3 star back packer accomodation based on accomodation in western counties and some of the more developed asian countries. I base my opinion on the fact that I travel and am involved in major building construction.

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very much appreciated your feedback about your recent stay. I’m glad to hear that our staffs were friendly and helpful to you, but I apologies that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations.

For info we already started renovating our room and we have completed most of them

Once again, we would like to extend our sincerest apologies, we are looking forward that you will give the hotel another chance to serve and make it up to you. We greatly value you as our guest and we are always ready to do our best to ensure that you enjoy a seamless visit with us.