“Friendly Flavors”

Ranked #345 of 1,456 Restaurants in Makati
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: International
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

This is what this restaurant should be known for - customer-friendliness.

The breakfast buffet spread does not have the widest selection in the city. It has the usual bread, cheese, local food, dimsum, noodles, desserts, fruits and juices sections.

But what stands out in Flavors is the service.

They set up a taho section for Filipinos longing to have that fave breakfast treat of hot silken tofu with syrup and tampioca pearls.

Though they don't have sausages in the selection, a waiter gladly went inside the kitchen and had some sausages cooked for my family.

Servers quickly came to clear our table and removed used plates. There was no need to call them. They were very proactive.

Lastly, we didn't have to queue at the egg station just like in other hotels. An assistant took our table number and waited for the omelettes for us. This seems small news, but it is much appreciated by my family.

Would be glad to return to Holiday Inn and dine at Flavors again.

Reviewed September 28, 2017

We reserved our seat at Flavors Restaurant through Booky. The staff were friendly and made sure we were comfortable. At the time we were at the restaurant, there were only a few other diners. We did not get the buffet since it was already dinner time and we didn't want to be too full but our order proved to be heavy on the tummy even with us sharing with our kids.We ordered Shorba Rassam, Daeji Kalbi, Thai Green Curry, and Roasted Spring Chicken. The servings were good for sharing and we still had food to take home after our meal. Our kids loved the Curry and Chicken while my husband and I loved the Shorba Rassam. Overall, it was a great dinner because of the good food, service, and ambiance.

Reviewed September 22, 2017

Yup, the lady in charge of the carving station does not smile and does not make the proper eye contact and looks grumpy when you ask her to cook your food. Lighten up! Interiors look classy and at times the place is empty even with a promo, although we came during dinner time. Food choices are so so and nothing outstanding. The wait staff is friendly and attentive.

1  Thank Jim28Manila
Reviewed August 23, 2017

The restaurant had a 50% off promo so we decided to book last Aug 18, 2017 for my birthday celebration. I made the rounds on the buffet table and did not find anything interesting. Since we already got in, we just went for it. True enough, nothing really tasted any good. The steak was tough even if I got medium rare. I asked the server to cook the shrimp (supposed to be ready to eat already) in butter but was served still raw after cooking in butter (and bland too). The Thai beef salad was nowhere near the salad I liked in Thailand. I thought dessert will be the redeeming factor. Again another disappointment! Even at 50% off, the bill was still a big sum compared to the regular buffets. Service was also poor. Service attendants were chatting and not paying attention to customers. You have to wave your hands to get a water refill.

3  Thank erguizajerry
Reviewed July 22, 2017

Flavors provides a variety of dishes for a breakfast buffet. I really love that they have pastries, Filipino specialty dishes, fruits, salad, pancakes, bacon, and noodles. The restaurant is spacious and can accommodate a lot of guest. I always enjoyed having breakfast here.