“Food wasn't good”

Spectrum, Fairmont Makati
Ranked #29 of 1,456 Restaurants in Makati
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Modern surroundings and clean design have been combined at Spectrum to create a harmonious dining experience. Introducing an innovative dining concept of 'Simply Life', this all-day-dining restaurant brings to you an array of cuisine from China, Middle East, India, Europe and local dishes from Philippines. Cooked to perfection with the finest ingredients using simple and healthy cooking styles, indulge in the concept through an interactive culinary theatre. Exquisite flavours can be paired with an exclusive selection of fine wines from our restaurant sommelier’s cellar. Recently renovated, Spectrum now features a Teppanyaki station as an exciting addition to the live theater kitchens.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went there with my boyfriend for a lunch buffet for our anniv. The selection was fewer than other buffets I have been. Nothing special. So little selection, I remember seeing different types of dishes of shrimp. There were sushi, maki, dimsum, Filipino, etc but it's either average or not good at all. I had seafood soup, but all I was able to scoop out were shrimp and the soup was burnt too. I didn't mind the small selection, as long as its good, but the food was dry and overcooked across different selections. I don't suggest eating here.
I actually felt bad that I didn't like the food because my boyfriend chose it. But it really wasn't good, we ate somewhere else afterwards.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Buffet offerings cover the requisite from sushi, chilled seafood - shrimp, clams, mussels, charcuterie offerings, cheese to the hot items casseroles, dimsum and carvery...lastly, desserts from cakes to ice cream.

Flavors, taste were on the whole average.

Reviewed October 28, 2017

i used to rave about this place about 3 years ago. this visit i was very disappointed. the dishes tasted like they had been sitting out there a long time. for the items that are cooked on request, it was so difficult getting someone to attend to me. the shrimp tempura was cooked in overused oil. this was a waste of time and money. the deserts that used to be the highlight of the place were tasteless. only the ice cream was worth eating.

Reviewed October 25, 2017

Had buffet breakfast at Spectrum with 3 girlfriends and 2 kids. They comped one child, which was nice since they didn't eat much. Other than that the selection is quite small for the price and definitely not worth it. Food quality was good, selection was limited, service was average.

Reviewed October 12, 2017

We were visiting family friends who staying at Fairmont and we were pleasantly surprised to discover Spectrum's dinner buffet! Nice choices. Good quality food. Friendly staff. The lady who served the roast beef was very attentive and careful to follow instructions on preferences of the doneness of the meats.

We hadn't heard of Spectrum until that evening. I find it to be a cozy relaxing place with dim lights conducive to catching up with family friends.