Fairmont Makati
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
1,911 results
All reviewsgold loungele labospectrum restaurantmacaroonsrain showerbreakfast buffetin room diningbusiness tripfitness centergreen belthotel staffmakati areaclub floorfive star hotelgreenbelt mallbusiness districtmetro manila
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 27, 2016

we stayed here only for a night during a lay over going to Palawan. Hence we did not see most of the amenities, but i believe we saw enough to ensure that the hotel gets a fair rating. In short the hotel was perfect, there were no problems what so ever. Even better the breakfast restaurant had a hostess called Csarina, it can't get much classier than that ;-).
Even so there are two things i want to mention, first is outwith the management control the second isn't.
First, traffic in Manila is awful, it took us 90 minutes to get there from terminal 3. Second the uniform of the women working behind reception is perhaps a bit too revealing. While they certainly look stunning they are professionals doing a job who work in a 5 star hotel, not a strip club. They deserve better than be ogled by middle aged bald men like me. It is 2016, not 1970.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Raffles and Fai... M, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2017

Dear jadedexpat,

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that you chose to stay with us for your short stint in Manila. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the amenities that you had time to experience. We've taken note of your feedback regarding our Front Office staff uniform. We thank you for your feedback and assure you that the propriety of our colleagues are of utmost importance to us. We will look into where we can improve and thank you for your constructive feedback.

We hope to welcome you back soon, albeit for a longer visit next time.

Reviewed December 27, 2016

I'm a business traveler and usually opt for a Hilton or IHG. Fairmont was recommended and here is my first hand experience of staying in this property for 5 days.

Airport Pickup: I had booked a hotel car, while most hotels had their people stand with name cards, which I know is not allowed by the airport authorities. Fairmont was one of the few to follow protocol, they provided me written instructions on the counter location and once I reached to the counter, the team tool care of the rest. I appreciate the ethics.

Check In: This was a pleasant surprise, I was escorted directly to my room and the lady simply did the check in formalities using a tablet. It was all done in 5 mins at most and I was already in my room. I hugely liked this.

Room: Spacious, with ample sun light. And it faces the pool with a city view. So yes, I loved it. The standard room is so well equipped with a modern bath and tub, for me, I liked working out of my room for a day.

Internet: Good wifi connectivity. The speed was acceptable and the connection did not drop. Most important for a business traveler.

Service: This differentiates them from the rest. The moment you walk in till you reach your room...everyday I was greeted with a loud and clear greet with happy faces. Every morning for breakfast @ Spectrum you are greeted by enthusiastic crew, the service at the pool bar is exceptional. To sum it, I don't need to waive my hand to get attention, they are always on their toes. To execute this day on day, is exceptional. Keep it up guys.

Food: I've had meals at Spectrum, pool bar and long bar. As I mentioned, am very impressed by their consistent service and attention to customer.
Spectrum: The breakfast spread is lavish, quality very good. And you end up binge eating. I've had a buffet lunch here and again a huge spread with quality and taste as king. Thumbs up for the dessert selection, gained few inches :-)
On ala carte, I ordered for a blue cheese burger. The experience was poor, I did bring it to the hotels attention and I trust they have taken heed to it.
Pool Bar: I had fish and chips with margarita, the bar tender was attending to me. Great energy, lots of suggestions and he wanted to get it right. The fish was crunchy and soft from inside and the margarita had the right amount salt on the rim.
Long bar: Had a couple of beers here. I respect local traditions but was uncomfortable sitting around piles of peanut shells (I was told it's a tradition to throw peanut shells around) all over the table, floor and sofa. No offence here folks, I would appreciate if the table can be cleaned up on request.

Amenities: I've used the gym which I think was clean, tidy and had all the equipment's for cardio and strength training. The instructor was attentive yet not intrusive.
Pool, is not very big. But it is very well maintained. More often than not, I would notice the cleaner cleaning every nook and corner of the pool late night.

At the end of my stay, Fairmont left a strong impression. A fellow business traveler staying same time had the same impression as we exchanged notes on our way to the airport. I recommend this place over several other properties in Manila/Makati.

Room Tip: There aren't any high floors, take a room which faces the beautiful pool
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled on business
2  Thank Dipayan_Nag
Raffles and Fai... M, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2017

Dear Dipayan_Nag,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Fairmont Makati.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and I will be delighted to share your kind comments and compliments with all our colleagues.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to warmly welcoming you again to the Fairmont in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed December 25, 2016 via mobile

Stay dates: Dec 17 to 18, 2016
What we loved most were the luxurious bed, breakfast buffet, and the complimentary wine with snacks (surprise!) for our anniversary. What we didn't like were the elevator card readers not working which happened thrice. They apologized but I expected something more since it happened three times. Also, I was slightly disappointed that they did not reset our internet access immediately when I called that we extended our stay. We had to call to ask why the internet wasn't working and were told that the username was changed. Other than that, customer service, particularly at Spectrum, was first class.
This is our second stay at Fairmont, the first one was in July this year, service was impeccable then.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ianne F
Raffles and Fai... M, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2016

Dear Dasya F,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that your overall experience was satisfactory. Regarding the incidents you mentioned, we again would like to apologize for the malfunctioning card reader. We have since fixed this issue, and we thank you for your patience. We would also like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with the internet service. We will certainly take your comments as valuable feedback that will help in our continuous efforts to improve our facilities and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2016 via mobile

Luxury at its finest. Large room with 2 queen beds and well kept. We stayed over a weekend. Staff are very friendly and always attending to our needs. Very near Glorietta Mall and Landmark Department Store with easy access to Greenbelt, SM and Rustans. Serene location despite being in the central business district.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
Raffles and Fai... M, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2016

Dear Jay F,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that we were able to provide you with sincere service. I assure you it is our pleasure to have been able to provide you with an oasis of calm in the heart of the city.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 20, 2016

Normally, I throw a party for my birthday and invite a good number of people but this 2016, I decided to celebrate my birthday at Fairmont Makati with only the closest friends and family. I must say I have no regrets at all and it was indeed a very relaxing day. I haven't felt that relaxed for a long time. It has indeed taken away the stress from work and all other problems. The amenities are just superb and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. They even dropped by the room to hand me some balloons and a bottle of Wine. This is something that I would definitely consider doing again. Thank you Fairmont!

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled with friends
Raffles and Fai... M, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2016

Dear lovelynrose88,

Thank you for your kind review. We're glad that you chose to celebrate your birthday with us, and we're happy to hear that we were able to make your stay stress-free and enjoyable. Indeed, it was our pleasure to ensure that you enjoyed your time here. We hope to welcome you back soon.