“No More Free Papadum :-(”

Queens at Bollywood
Ranked #295 of 1,451 Restaurants in Makati
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2017

Queens at Bollywood has become our default restaurant for a treat. I don't need to look at the menu anymore because we always enjoy the vegetable pakora, vegetable biryani, palak paneer. We also order meat dishes but since I don't eat any of it, I won't write about it too much. My daughter enjoyed the chicken mughlai.

We have gotten used to the complimentary papadum, we were surprised to find out that it is no longer being served. *sad face* our very friendly server explained something about rising costs and that some customers ask for multiple servings. Wouldn't the solution to that be, limit the number of servings? Offer one complimentary serving and the succeeding servings will be charged?

I hope this is not the start of its decline.

Reviewed October 12, 2017

Having eaten authentic Indian cuisine, it is wonderful to know there is one restaurant in Makati that serves that.

We ordered Pani Puri for appetizer and for the main course we paired our naan breads and roti with vegetarian dishes such as Palak Paneer and Dhal Makhani, accompanied with Tamarind Chutney and Raita. It was rich and tasty (and vegetarian!) so we enjoyed it well especially with the garlic naan bread.

Service was satisfactory though it is notable that service in Makati restaurants lately is not as impressive as it used to be.

As for value for money, I would give it a rating of 6/10 (they charged us for Raita which could have been a complimentary especially when we complained the Palak was spicy hot and we ordered for non-spicy food).

In terms of ambiance, decor is modern but spacious. The only thing I did not like is that we came out of the restaurant smelling of smoke because of the grill/tandoori oven (need to fix the exhaust).

Overall, I would come back because of the food and will recommend to friends.

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

I recommend everyone to eat there average price for one is 700P . They are smart i did not see any Indian work there

Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

My first time to eat Indian cuisine!the place is cool with a mixture of modern and traditional decoration from india.the food was excellent,aromatic,flavorful and very appetizing.we try the northern Indian cuisine like butter chicken,butter nan,palak panir,malay kopta cooked in an authentic dishes that is full of different spices like saffron,coriander,turmeric and other spices .the best Bombay food! We also try their dessert culpi and gulabjamon, too sweet for my taste buds

For the price its affordable worth every penny.

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was suggested by a friend for a try by our regular group of dining friends.
Not a great fan of Indian food but open to try anything once so we booked.
The whole experience was good. The staff were very accommodating , friendly and efficient. The ambience was good inside (not in the section outside though) and the two Belly Dancers were a great addition and to me appeared particularly skilled ... certainly entertaining involving the diners in the fun.
The food taste was generally good but one of our more Indian food experienced colleagues commented that the spicy factor of the lamb curry was too mild. To be fair we asked generally for medium so he probably should have asked for hot for that . The tandoori chicken was good , as was the buttered chicken. The roast lamb was also well received by those who ate it. We probably ordered too many starters as the nan bread was delicious and I could have eaten that all night.
The cost factor was good value for money at approximately Php 1100 per head for a group of 9 which included about 4 beers each .
Overall a good experience..., would we return ? .... yes .