“Yummy Yakitori”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2017

Didn't like this resto the first time I tried it because I did not know what to order. I think I got the chicken balls, they were just ok. But my husband knows this restaurant well so he showed me the way. Our favorites are shitake rice, pork with garlic and pork with leeks. The best seller platter is also a good thing to start with if you're unsure of what to order. Tamago and salmon sashimi are good but serving portions are a bit small. They renovated the Greenbelt branch last year so it's much more inviting than it used to be.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Me and my friends like dining here because of satay selections and of course avocado ice cream! I love this place and will always go back.
(PS. I eat at least 3 servings of avocado ice cream here)

Reviewed May 1, 2017

My family eats at Nanbantei a frequently. My dad and I also had our birthday dinners here last year. The last time we ate here was on Easter Sunday.

We're always able to get a table in a few minutes even if the restaurant is full. Food stayed the same and tasted great. Our favorite is the best seller. Though the asparagus is always an issue. It's dated and you can determine it's not fresh once you chew on it.

Staff were always courteous. Whenever we had issues with the asparagus they serve us a better batch.

Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

Great location and something they could have made more of but the portions are small, the menu decidedly average and the service embodies all the bad bits of restaurant culture in the Philippines. When people are talking and clearly in the middle of something, use your initiative waiting staff and don't interrupt to ask how the food is, when it is also clear that there has only one thing delivered to the table, which has not been touched. Also when food has been left in quantity, where the customer does not wish to take it away, perhaps enquire then as to whether everything was ok. Poor value, poor service. Maybe I caught them on a bad day but I get the feeling the chances of these days would be fairly high.

Reviewed March 25, 2017 via mobile

Whether the reason for my visit is an end of project group celebration, a stress eating outlet or Friday lunch or dinner cheat day, Nanbantei of Tokyo is definite on top of my choices.

Butabara + tebasaki = : )

Nuff said