“Would’ve been better”

Ranked #31 of 1,644 Restaurants in Makati
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Inagiku, Makati Shangri-La's Japanese restaurant, centers on the authenticity of flavors and freshness of seasonal ingredients. Chef de Cuisine Wataru Hikawa has gained close to 30 years of experience, and has mastered each aspect of Japanese cuisine. The restaurant specialties include sushi and kaiseki, incorporating ingredients from the sea, river, mountain and field.
Reviewed 11 December 2018 via mobile

I had a few hours to kill before heading to bed, so I was wondering around the hotel looking for something light to eat and stumbled upon Inagiku.

I approached the hostess and asked for a menu which she replied that she had none and walked me inside to a waitress. The hostess told her to kindly show me the menu to which the waitress replied under her breath, “Yan lang? *tsk*” and judged me head to toe by what I was wearing (I was wearing purple marbled leggings). Little does she know I understood what she said and noticed her looking at me whilst I was looking at the menu. Regardless of the little attitude she had, I still ate at the restaurant and ordered tempura udon, which is the best I’ve had in a long while.

I get it. The waitress probably had a long day. I’ve worked in the food industry before. Shifts can be quite hectic especially when it’s near closing, but honestly if you don’t have anything nice to say, just keep your mouth shut.

Reviewed 22 November 2018 via mobile

Japanese Restaurant as good as they ca be. A menu with some dishes that you rarely can find...
Directly in my hotel it was easy to come here since after playing golf this afternoon I was rather tired.
The menu was so interesting that i ordered more than i planned - and also ate more.
Really delicious in a nice modern style Japanese atmosphere, I enjoyed a nice evening.

Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

I was craving for a great Japanese cuisine and Inagiku is always my go to place. They never failed to exceed my expectations. Food is always outstanding. Top of my choice was Tempura Maki. Wide selection of must have Japanese items are available in the menu. Aside from the food, atmosphere and the staffs of Shangrila always up to standard and even exceeded my expectations that's why I always have high regards with Shangrila. I would like to acknowledge the following staffs for being so attentive during my stay. We were welcome by Jovie and graciously assisted us to our seats and ensured that we are comfortable. Precious, JR, Edison and Chad were very attentive and made sure that everything is OK. Always with a smile and ready to accommodate all our requests. JR even noticed that i felt cold and offered if i needed a shawl which surprised me. Talk about exceeding expectation and attentiveness! Precious also kept on checking our table and provide something we need before we even ask. Supervisors Apollo and Rommell also checked our table and ensured the service was up to standard and guaranteed our satisfaction. Chef Toto and Chef Elmer also ensured our expectations are met. I observed that although they are busy, everyone who dine in are looked after. I keep on coming back to this place as I know that money spent is all worth it and even more.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Was brought here by colleagues of mine for dinner. The food and quality are absolutely outstanding. Though a bit more expensive than the traditional Japanese, the food is definitely worth it!!

Date of visit: July 2018
UdoW197, General Manager at Inagiku, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear christopedujardin083,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post your review. I am pleased to know that you had a delightful Inagiku experience. Your commendations regarding the quality of our dishes made from high-quality ingredients is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest. It is our pleasure to have you and I look forward to welcome you again at during your next visit at Inagiku.

It’s a pleasure to have you and I look forward to welcome you again at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Met with a colleague for lunch at Inagiku. The staff were very polite and accommodating to the point that the chef assisted me to my table. The food was fantastic! I highly recommend Marugoto Gozen (Bento) for their set lunch.

Date of visit: December 2017

Dear Keith R,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post your review. I am pleased to know that you had a delightful Inagiku experience. Your commendations regarding the quality of our dishes especially the Marugoto Gozen. Your appreciation to these items that are made from high-quality ingredients is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest. It is our pleasure to have you and I look forward to welcome you again at during your next visit at Inagiku.