“Huge disappointment.”

Corner Tree Cafe
Ranked #14 of 1,604 Restaurants in Makati
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Corner Tree Cafe is a Vegetarian / Vegan Cafe. We serve food from Asia to Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas in a cosy intimate setting. We also offer good wines, local beers and some house cocktails. You don't have to be a vegetarian to enjoy our delicious food. In fact most of our customers are omnivores, but vegetarians will feel right at home here (we also serve some gluten-free dishes). To add to our regular menu, we have weekly specials sometimes inspired by current events or international days. Booking is advisable. Children welcome.
Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

We came here for dinner, portions were ridiculously small. Everything was kind of pricy and lacking in flavor.
Each of us ordered a dish, I ordered something from the kids menu, it was literally two bites. Not very sure what kid this was for, maybe a two year old?
Cakes are the only thing that are sort of decent size and good.
We ended up paying too much for what we ate and had to go somewhere else afterwards because we were still hungry.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Tucked in a corner along Jupiter Street, this cafe attracts a lot of foreigners.

Maybe it's because of the vegan food, or the location, or the quiet vibe. Good for hushed conversations during lunch when everything is so hectic outside.

The food though was nothing to rave about. And the service could be friendlier - and a lot more efficient!

I ordered kiddie spaghetti (just because I missed meatballs!), but I was served spaghetti with broccoli and nuts! The broccoli was light green (almost yellowish, actually) and overcooked. And the pasta tasted bland - I could have just cooked myself spaghetti that tasted better and cost less than half of the price.

We tried their vegan ice cream - so so taste and too expensive for just a a couple or so spoonfuls.

Don't think I'll be back - not a happy place to fill my tummy!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Welcome was tepid. Food bland. I won’t go back and can’t recommend. They got my drink wrong and it seemed to me like nobody cared. I’ve had great vegan food (5 star J in pattaya the best in Asia by far) but this wasn’t it. Save you money and your GRAB fare.

Date of visit: November 2018
francesca104, Owner at Corner Tree Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

So sorry to hear about this. Will discuss this with the staff tomorrow.. May I know what you ordered??
Thank you for letting us know and again, apologies for your experience.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

Great food, more expensive than local standard but good menu with many choices, good food and good environment. Def recommended.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 22 October 2018

I honestly could not enjoy the food because the lady staff was having a bad day, nagging at the other staff and getting into a fight with a popular food delivery service. The owner should really do something about this.

Date of visit: October 2018
francesca104, Owner at Corner Tree Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

SO Sorry to hear this! Will talk to the staff now. Thanks for letting me know. Apologies for your unpleasant experience