Lowest prices for your stay
US$86
Free cancellation until 29/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$54
Free cancellation until 30/10/21
Agoda.com
US$42
Free cancellation until 30/10/21
eDreamsUS$86
Hotels.comUS$54
PricelineUS$48
All reviews great location family room convenience store hot shower money changers greenbelt mall the ground floor easy access shopping lobby manila security
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 March 2020 via mobile

Location- Simply fantastic. Across the street from Greenbelt mall with easy access to plenty of shopping. Plenty of food choices within walking distance and some great coffee too. Services like laundromat, money changers etc are also nearby, less than 5 min walk. There is a convenience store in the ground floor lobby. It would be hard to find a better location.

Facilities- Fairly typical of a Philippines 3 star hotel, the room was a little rough around the edges but housekeeping do a good job and the rooms are kept clean. Good aircon in the room. WiFi was ok in the room and resto area. Roof top pool area was really nice, it seems a bit newer and was great on a hot day. We stayed here a number of times between other destinations and it was a perfect option.

Service- Very good from all staff, particularly check in staff and housekeeping.

We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2020

My wife and I spent a convenient Holiday week in the Charter House. We live 50 miles north of Manila, but enjoy going there during the Christmas season since the city is not crowded. The rooms are pleasant as is the price and staff. The food is only fair, but there are many excellent places to eat in the shopping malls across the street.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 18 November 2019

This is my second time to book in The Charter House. Last year was the first and we had a great time, bec the location, room and services was nice. So we booked again. But this time, everything turned out to be a big disappointment except of course the location. All the rooms on the 8th Floor, have problems with their heater. When i called the Front Desk, we were advised to use the Comfort Room in the other room! It took how many hours before we were able to transfer. Then when we were having our breakfast, there was a "Fried Fly" in my food!!! And no Manager available on a weekend!!! Will never go back to The Charter House!!!

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 31 October 2019 via mobile

Stayed in a family room with a view of Greenbelt across the street. Included in the package was complimentary breakfast for 4pax. Just your basic breakfast, enough to get you fueled up to start the day. I like how they don't impose any ridiculous rules like "no bedroom slippers allowed" at the breakfast dining area like at other hotels. Staff at the lobby are always friendly and greet you warmly with a smile. There's access from the lobby to the 7-11 right beside the hotel which I found really convenient. We tried swimming in their pool one morning and it was great as we were the only ones there, felt exclusive. Location is excellent. Reasonable rate and good value for money.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2019

After our favorite place to stay in the Makati shopping area ceased operations, we've been looking for a new place to stay at in the area. We looked at several options and went with The Charter House.

• Room
– Our room was the Superior Room that has 2 single beds. It was quite spacious. There's adequate open space and a closet with doors as full-body mirrors for your stuff. Two seats fit under a long desk facing a mirror that's good for eating, paperwork, serve as a dresser, etc. You can turn off the light of the entire room and use the light on the side (pantry). The room is equipped with a cable TV that has a lot of channels, phone, safe, electric kettle, and small refrigerator. The pantry has no consumables. There's also a good number of sockets (220V two/three-prong and 5V USB) near the bed and the desk.
– The bathroom was a little small. When you enter, you need to move to one side so you can close it or just go to the sink area. I'm still okay with it though since the main thing I look for in a bathroom is if the toilet is next to the sink and if there is a bidet. The shower with water heater is separated by a glass door. Toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste) and a hair dryer are available.
– We were interested in other rooms so we inquired and got to see them. All Superior Rooms (2 single beds) are at the back with view of the buildings mostly. All Premier Rooms (1 queen bed) has city view/faces Greenbelt. Apart from the bed, everything's basically the same with Superior. The Family Room also has city view. When you enter the room, you'll see like a small preparation counter with a sink. On the other side of the counter is a round dining table with 2 chairs. This area is next to the 2 single beds with a small closet and TV. There's also a master's bedroom that has the toilet. It has its own TV and closet. The toilet is a bit more spacious than Superior's and has toiletries good for 4 people.

• Dining
We had plated breakfast at the 2nd level that's overseeing the lobby. The dining area had a nice ambiance albeit a little dated, and it felt lively with the people having their breakfast. There's plenty of tables and it didn't get full on the weekends we stayed there. The food was satisfying. A little bit sad that bacon isn't included in the breakfast that accompanied our reservation. I tried champorado one morning and it tasted so bland. I've put in my own 2 aspartame sachets (aspartame is super sweet) and resorted to putting sugar in the end but to no avail. We haven't tried room service dining. The menu items looked pricey.

Service was quite good. The bellmen were friendly and helpful. When we called up front desk, our needs were attended to, like when we asked for an extra towel because I was going for a swim.

• Hotel Facilities/Amenities
An outdoor pool is available for use at the 6th floor. I saw the area before and after renovation and it looks wonderful. The pool, even though it says on the side 4 ft, is more like 3 ft. I stood there and the water level was on my waist. I could barely swim properly with little buoyancy. It's good for families with kids though. I'm not sure if there was a lifeguard. Also, quite a number of people go here for a smoke.

• WiFi
Complimentary but quite slow. Speed test showed 1.77 Mbps download and 0.71 Mbps upload. I think I had to use my own mobile data sometimes.

• Parking
The hotel is surrounded by buildings so it doesn't have its own parking. Across the Charter House is Greenbelt 1's carpark building. I don't know the rates though.

• Location and Shopping
This is the best feature of this hotel as it's only right across Greenbelt 1. From there, you can go to the rest of Greenbelt, Landmark, Glorietta, and SM, all through walking through connecting bridges.

• Vicinity
A 7-Eleven store is next to the entrance of the hotel. It's also accessible through the hotel's lobby. A few meters to the right as you cross the street to Greenbelt 1 from the hotel is the Mercury Drug store. This part is lined up with some restaurants. Inside GB1 is the Rustan's Supermarket which is accessible through the mall or outside (Pasay Road entrance). Money changers are also available inside GB1 for tourists who need to exchange their money.

• Security
We felt safe as there are a number of security guards outside and inside the building. CCTV cameras are in operation too.

• Reservation
We reserved through Agoda and got a good rate.

The rate was reasonable and good value for money considering its prime location. Security deposit is required upfront. I'm not sure about the amount but I think it was PhP 1,000? That was all the deposit needed and we stayed for two days.

• Overall
We had a very pleasant stay at The Charter House and we'll consider this our hotel of choice when staying in this Makati area. The rate is great and the location is fantastic. We will definitely stay here in the future again.

Room tip: 2-single-bed rooms at back of hotel has minimal view. 1-queen-bed Premier and Family Rooms (2 single beds, 1 queen) face Greenbelt.
Date of stay: December 2018