2 people are viewing this hotel
$19
Priceline$22
Hotels.com$22
Official Hotel$25
All reviews clean rooms good size shopping mall star hotel fridge slippers
Selected filters
Reviewed October 2, 2017

The hotel is fairly new so we decided to give it a try. The location is just near the bustling area of Makati so we feel we wouldn't have any problems in terms of finding where to eat etc. It is also accessible to PUJs and cabs.

As any budget hotel goes, they only provide the basics. Free bottled water upon check in, the room is airy and just good enough for a couple, the bathroom is big enough (they have a bidet!), what I love about their shampoo/body soap is its in green tea scent (I am a sucker for such scent!), bed is also comfy and big enough for two, aircon is quiet. We were lucky to get a corner room at the back side of the hotel hence we didn't have any problems with the noise from the main road. And of course, the WIFI connection is good.

Staff is friendly and accomodating.

A good place to stay if you are on a budget.

* we stayed here for two weekends

Room tip: corner room at the back side of the hotel is quieter, away from the main road
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HMRIO, Manager at Hop Inn Hotel Makati Avenue Manila, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Dear Reena R,
Greetings fro Hop Inn Hotel Makati!

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant.

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 18, 2017

I recently tried this budget hotel as it was referred by web matches on Google and Booked through Agoda. Allow me to rate this based on personal experience and not as a blogger. I would really want to put some sense on this experience.

LATE CHECK-IN: I felt it was horrible because the booking information it gave us options to our preference noting that these will be granted. Unfortunately, when we arrived at 1pm for an early check-in, we were told no rooms were available and they cannot guarantee any rooms. It was a surprise to know because my booking was confirmed with booking number and I even called 4 times prior to my check-in just so that I can confirm that I won’t be bumped-off – they said all was set. We told them that I will be back by 2pm then as I need to take my lunch. At 2pm, the entire front desk was a mess, they were running around the front desk area because they cannot understand their system and does not know who was up for check-out and who were up for check-in. All guests were queued in front of the front desk. We’ve waited for more than 30mins just so that we can get a room.

DID NOT READ THE PREFERENCE: We were issued a non-city view room but we’ve noted our preference, the rude front desk officer justified that they moved us to a quiet location instead, so we had to explain to them again that it was our preference and we know the risks. Additionally, our preference was a 1pm check-in but we checked-in close to 3pm already – imagine, we were charged in FULL.

FRONT DESK RUDENESS: The front desk officers were just as nasty as their service, they don’t know how to smile, very sarcastic and they offer nasty gestures making us feel like they were irritated when asked certain valid questions. We were told of phrases like: “preference availability is based on room availability,” “we don’t have a choice but to wait because we do not have any rooms,” “can you just wait.”

INCORRECT ISSUANCE OF KEYCARDS: We were issued an incorrect keycard, we were literally at the 6th floor trying to badge our pass but to no good. Then there was a guest using the room, and he god mad. Imagine that hassle of us informing the guest of the miss and we were literally the one apologizing.

DEACTIVATION OF CARD KEY: Exactly 12nn, my card key was deactivated, I was moving my things back to the car and when I went up, my card key is no longer working. So I went to the front desk again, and I was rudely entertained that I should wait because there was a queue of guests again – similar to what happened during my check-in. So there we go again, waiting for my card to be activated, I don’t understand why this should happen because I have not formally checked-out and I am still a paid guest.

INCORRECT INVOICE: I was told to pay 1.7k on full rate but I told them, I have a discounted rate via Agoda (Booking.Com), they did not honor it, up until such time that I had to show them all e-mail documents, that was the time that they charged me the Agoda rate. And take note, they were very sarcastic.

NON-ISSUANCE OF OFFICIAL RECEIPT: During Check-out, I still have to request for an OR just so they can accommodate, I think all transactions warrant an OR as mandated by law. They only issued me a voucher.

ROOM AND BATHROOM EXPERIENCE: Clean, Comfy, just the usual budget hotel that you are expecting.

WILL I GO BACK?: Yes, because I felt it’s promising and it’s clean. It is in the heart of the metro and the rate is cheap. It is truly designed to cater ‘couples’ in a mid-budget paying scale.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Bored_Nomad
HMRIO, Manager at Hop Inn Hotel Makati Avenue Manila, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2017

Dear Mr. Bored_Nomad

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our services did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue. Hop Inn Hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization. Your complaint has inspired us to re-train all the staff.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. Again, we highly appreciate your feedback and it is extremely valuable to us, as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do and help us identify the areas we can improve the guest experience. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer.

We hope that your next stay with us will better meet our standard of excellence.

hop Inn Hotel Makati

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for two days as I was reviewing for an exam on a later date. It was my first time to be in that hotel. The first thing I asked was if they also have a cafe or a resto inside the hotel. Unfortunately, they don't have it yet but a space is already allotted for it sometime this year, according to them.

Everything in this hotel is new. I believe they just opened their doors only this August.

The room I had was just enough for me. It was very tidy and the rest room is massive. Sheets are clean and crisp. Wi-fi is really strong.

Don't worry about food because you got the entire Makati Ave. in your path to buy anything you want from high end restos to affordable fast food joints. Night life in the area is alive and exciting as well.

This is really an inexpensive way to spend your staycation.

Trip type: Traveled solo
HMRIO, Manager at Hop Inn Hotel Makati Avenue Manila, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Greetings from Hop Inn Hotel Makati!
Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I’m happy that you enjoyed your stay and I’m looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went there on a payday friday looking for a place to crash as we work nearby and traffic was really really bad. Seeing that it's new we anticipated that they were eager to please and decided to give it a shot.

The staff were really nice. Very accommodating and yes eager to please. The room however, was not.

1. Noise from down the street was very loud from the bathroom window (small window serving as an exhaust). We'd shut it close but the door won't close. The wooden door is too big to shut against its frame. (we stayed at room 408)
2. I slid my laptop bag under the bed thinking it was the safest place to be. When I took my bag back out it was covered in dust.
3. We were not actually prepared to spend the night. Basic necessities such as toothbrush, toothpaste and disposable slippers were not available. We might as well just have gone to a Sogo hotel. It's cheaper and they do have those basic necessities
4. The toilet paper was recycled. It wasn't a new roll I can tell. I didn't want to use it because I don't know if that thing already rolled over across the floor.
5. The pillows were skinny and weren't comfortable at all. I'd expect something fluffy or fatter at least for a hotel their rate. Again, we could've just stayed at Sogo.
6. There are no phones in the room to call the reception. So if in the middle of the night you get thirsty and run out of water, you have to call them from the elevator or just might as well go down to the reception.
7. I booked from Booking.com it read 1200php per night but when I got there I had to pay 1500php. I guess the rate didn't include VAT but the deal didn't say so I felt I got ripped off but maybe this one is my fault.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank I6205XAelizabethc

Dear Ms. Elizabeth C,
Greetings from Hop Inn Hotel Makati!
Thank you for your review and recent stay at our hotel.
I apologized for the problems that you encountered during your last stay, we’re currently taking steps to prevent the noise coming from outside of the hotel, as well as the door problem it was already fixed by our maintenance personnel.
Your complaint has inspired us to re-train the Room attendant. Now, all Housekeeping have been reminded that the appropriate procedure in setting up and cleaning the rooms.
Your feedback regarding the aspect of the room is extremely valuable to us, as it helps us identify the areas we can improve the guest experience we will take your suggestions and concerns into considerations.

Reviewed August 21, 2017

I loved my stay at this Hop Inn location. The place is very convenient as it is near a lot of restaurants and malls. The room is clean, the bed is comfortable, the wifi speed is good and the staff are very accommodating and friendly. Everyone is very jolly and helpful. It is a new hotel in Makati area and the price is really a good steal for such a decent room. You will feel safe and secured during your stay.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Kayceline B, Manager at Hop Inn Hotel Makati Avenue Manila, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2017

Dear Kennethv24,
Greetings from Hop Inn Hotel Makati Ave!
Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and choosing our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant, we make sure that we train our team with the highest level of personalize service.
Looking forward to seeing you again soon.