Hotel Celeste
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Raffles Makati(Makati)
  • Pool
New World Makati Hotel(Makati)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfoot massageboutique hotelday bedsmall hotelbusy intersectionwalking distancepersonalized servicewould definitely stay here againmakati business districtsized bedground floorhotel managementpleasant staygreen beltgreenbelt mallupon checksuite
Reviewed 2 February 2017

In January during a trip to the Philippines we stayed at this hotel because it was close to a place that we had to visit. We were pleasantly surprised that it turned out to be a great decision. The hotel is located in the heart of the bustling Makati business district with it's great shopping and dining choices. At the same time it's affordable unlike the other luxury properties in Makati.

The staff are friendly and go out of their way to ensure a comfortable stay. The breakfast, not luxurious, is adequate and sumptuous, served in their ground floor café.

We got a complementary foot massage for 30 mins and over the weekend a free beer and a movie option.

The hotel is also not too far from the airport terminals of NAIA - at the most 30 mins from the furthest Terminal 1.

Room Tip: Although the rooms that we stayed in faced the main road, the sound proofing on the windows was very good
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2017

This is the third time my family and I stayed at this hotel.
Because of the very satisfactory experiences I had with this hotel, we booked three rooms.
During the first two stays, I gave excellent ratings to this hotel in my tripadvisor reviews.
Since the service, the facilities and my experience remain the same, I will again give an excellent rating to this hotel.
I salute the management for maintaining the high standard of this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of makati avenue.
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2016

I have been a regular at this hotel since Y2011 whenever I am in Manila which is now like once every 15 months. This time around with my wife, we were at their Suite and the rates are a steal, hugely spacious with a fantastic bed and wide array of pillows and cushions, furnishings and furniture exquisite, walls hand painted, sound proofed, bathrooms so big that you can play ping pong inside and the whole space kept so immaculately clean and no wasting time riding up and down elevators as the hotel has just total of 4 floors. I still believe I save a lot of money staying here for the value for money with personalized service and convenience of getting to any place in Makati especially the shopping triad of Green Belt-Landmark -Glorietta-SM that I get compared to Raffles, New World and other 5-stars which are 3 to 4 times more expensive for the same value. Their only 2 downsides that they need to work and fix I can think of are:

1. Breakfast is too basic that after a couple of days it is a let down and their breakfast service group remains too chatty and loud for my taste.
2. Their wi-fi in the rooms is pretty basic for this day and age that I had to use their desktop computer with LAN connection behind the reception to get Cebu pacific air tickets booked after multiple failed attempts from the room.

If they fix the wi-fi speed, I dont see why I would not be back here every time I need a pad in Makati for a steal.

Room Tip: All their rooms are well lit. The suite rooms are really really tastefully done and worth it especially if you are a couple.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
2  Thank AnandaSanjeev
Reviewed 31 October 2016

First time here for us for a 3 day stop. We usually stay a little further up Makati Ave...but the horrendous traffic at peak hours (fortunately) led us to the Celeste!
From arrival to departure our stay was perfect.
Reception asked all the right questions and followed up on everything.
The room was great...old style yes (but not old)... big, sparking clean, well lit if required...perfectly functioning and quiet aircon..and house staff who appeared to care about the guests!
Large bathroom with a big shower with stacks of pressure...(quite unusual for Manila)...and of course Location!
5 min walk to Greenbelt 5 & all the Malls...so perfectly located...We are definitely coming back here!

Room Tip: Corner Room was great!
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2016

The hotel is located a block away from the Greenbelt shopping district and is a quaint space to get away from the chaos of it when needed. The rooms are unique and a good value for what you get. The breakfast is average and the service was generally good. Service in the Philippines is usually outstanding so there is a high expectation when visiting and unfortunately my recent visit didn't leave me wanting to come back. If there is a change in the commitment to service, similar to the other hotels near by, and better options for breakfast then I would recommend staying here as it's perfect for those seeking a boutique-style hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms facing the street have the best views!
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family