Hotel Celeste
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfoot massageboutique hotelday bedsmall hotelbusy intersectionwalking distancepersonalized servicewould definitely stay here againmakati business districtsized bedground floorhotel managementpleasant staygreen beltgreenbelt mallupon checksuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 2, 2016

I have been a regular at this hotel since Y2011 whenever I am in Manila which is now like once every 15 months. This time around with my wife, we were at their Suite and the rates are a steal, hugely spacious with a fantastic bed and wide array of pillows and cushions, furnishings and furniture exquisite, walls hand painted, sound proofed, bathrooms so big that you can play ping pong inside and the whole space kept so immaculately clean and no wasting time riding up and down elevators as the hotel has just total of 4 floors. I still believe I save a lot of money staying here for the value for money with personalized service and convenience of getting to any place in Makati especially the shopping triad of Green Belt-Landmark -Glorietta-SM that I get compared to Raffles, New World and other 5-stars which are 3 to 4 times more expensive for the same value. Their only 2 downsides that they need to work and fix I can think of are:

1. Breakfast is too basic that after a couple of days it is a let down and their breakfast service group remains too chatty and loud for my taste.
2. Their wi-fi in the rooms is pretty basic for this day and age that I had to use their desktop computer with LAN connection behind the reception to get Cebu pacific air tickets booked after multiple failed attempts from the room.

If they fix the wi-fi speed, I dont see why I would not be back here every time I need a pad in Makati for a steal.

Room Tip: All their rooms are well lit. The suite rooms are really really tastefully done and worth it especially if you are a couple.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
2  Thank AnandaSanjeev
Reviewed October 31, 2016

First time here for us for a 3 day stop. We usually stay a little further up Makati Ave...but the horrendous traffic at peak hours (fortunately) led us to the Celeste!
From arrival to departure our stay was perfect.
Reception asked all the right questions and followed up on everything.
The room was great...old style yes (but not old)... big, sparking clean, well lit if required...perfectly functioning and quiet aircon..and house staff who appeared to care about the guests!
Large bathroom with a big shower with stacks of pressure...(quite unusual for Manila)...and of course Location!
5 min walk to Greenbelt 5 & all the Malls...so perfectly located...We are definitely coming back here!

Room Tip: Corner Room was great!
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2016

The hotel is located a block away from the Greenbelt shopping district and is a quaint space to get away from the chaos of it when needed. The rooms are unique and a good value for what you get. The breakfast is average and the service was generally good. Service in the Philippines is usually outstanding so there is a high expectation when visiting and unfortunately my recent visit didn't leave me wanting to come back. If there is a change in the commitment to service, similar to the other hotels near by, and better options for breakfast then I would recommend staying here as it's perfect for those seeking a boutique-style hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms facing the street have the best views!
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

Thumbs up for Hotel Celeste. We really loved staying at this hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean. Our group of friends all stayed at this hotel and all of our rooms had a different feel/theme and each room was unique. My husband and I had a room in the corner of the hotel and really appreciated the extra space. We had a king sized bed and found lots of drawers/cabinets for storage, but we didn't have much stuff anyway, so I just used the main wardrobe. The king sized bed is actually two singles together so unless you sleep in the middle, you might find it a bit uncomfortable. Otherwise, linen and pillows were of good quality.

Bathrooms are super important in choosing a hotel, and what we had was clean overall. The shower provided great water pressure (something that isn't so common in the Philippines!) and great heating. You actually get hot water and not lukewarm. Generous supply of loccitane toiletries are a nice touch. Main bathrooms in the lobby were very clean as well.

The front desk team were absolutely amazing. Well trained, informative and very helpful. They were able to answer all our queries as well as efficiently arrange different services for us during our stay. I suggest booking with the hotel website for packages with extra discounts and perks.

Location of the hotel is literally across the road from Greenbelt and the string of malls in Makati. So easy to walk around.

Things to improve, a bigger spread and more choices for the breakfast buffet would be nice.

Would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anina T
Reviewed October 17, 2016

Excellent location in the best area for shopping and entertainment with very friendly helpful staff. The room was a good size and very nicely decorated. Great value for money with very helpful and excellent check in staff. No pool or gym but it's not 5 star but rates just as good. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Fantastic location right in the heart of the shopping and entertainment areas
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled on business