“Excellent prices for excellent sushi and sashimi.”
Review of Izakaya Kikufuji

Izakaya Kikufuji
Ranked #42 of 1,567 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2016

One of the more authentic Japanese places in the metro. The large orders of sushi are the most worthwhile, so make sure you have someone to share with. Beware that parking is ridiculously rare, so best to get here either by being dropped off or taking an Uber.

Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

We had lunch one Sunday recently. Jampacked as usual. Need to reserve at least 2 days ahead. The server said that Mondays and Tuesdays lunch may seem to have less crowd but still a bit full.

Almost all the items are excellent. My grand-daughter especially likes the tempura. I like the beef barbecue on a stick. So yummy and melts in your mouth like butter.

Of course, they have various kinds of sushi from exotic ones to the typical California maki.

Having been to Japan recently, I particularly like to seat around the table with the chefs in front making the sushi.

It can become a bit busy but noise seems to be managed that you can hear each other. Except, of course, when they shout those words of welcome in Japanese whenever new guests come in.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 9 March 2016

Went here to celebrate a friend's birthday last week. Food is 100% good and the place will give you a tangible Japanese experience. But service is really slow and it took us forever to be seated. They gave my friend a sushi cake for her birthday so that made up for the slow service. Parking is also hard but the good thing is they offer valet services.

Reviewed 9 March 2016 via mobile

My friends invited me to this Japanese restaurant. It has been there for 15 years and basically has a great word to mouth value.
We had a representative set of their menu and it was.... excellent! I highly recommend this place. Like a hidden spot, with no big fuzz on advertising but highly reliable when it comes to quality.
Read the reviews, and it's true that you may have to wait (if ever you find a place... I was there on a Wednesday for lunch), but all good things take time and it's worth the wait.
Thanks to Sheila for the discovery!

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

I'm a big fan of Japanese food, so I was really excited to eat here. I atw from the wagyu, salmon, eel and sea urchin. Here's my verdict: their wagyu is a must try, melts in your mouth; salmon is salmon; eel dis not hav3 that soft consisteny thus hard to eat with chopsticks, had that overpowering taste of sweetness (so filipino) and the sea urchin was the worst. Did not taste fresh at all and I had an allergy breakout after that, leaving my entire face swollen. Service was slow, it took several minutea for water, spoon and fork and rice to be served. Parking? Good luck with that. Not sure if I'll be back, I'm scared to have another swollen face. My guess was only the sea urchin but it could have been the salmon or eel. Dunno.