2 people are viewing this hotel
$88
Hotels.com$93
FindHotel$89
Travelocity$93
All reviews inside camp john hay pine trees horseback riding small tv buffet breakfast baguio city techno hub water closet room facing ceiling fan the hotel manager peak season sized bed cold weather visit baguio forest balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed December 31, 2021 via mobile

Aside from having a good accomodation and view from our room,its staff are beyond kind and cooperative.My friends pulled off a very successfull surprise bridal shower with their best effort. We really had a good stay. Will definitely go back.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 26, 2021

Modern. Trendy. Classy.

I was struggling choosing which hotel should I stay with to cap off my stressful month-long engagements. I'm glad I was able to stay at this charming hotel, that gave me an ample breather I need.

I'm a local, and I know I am hard to please, more so of staying in a hotel in my own city. I just thought I needed that breather. So I started scanning hotel reviews, pages and here, too. I was locked-in at Camp John Hay as I feel safer inside the camp. I just found myself being greeted by Le Monet Hotel staff. It was raining that day. I had a pretty decent parking in front of their bakery.

Check-in process was a breeze. The guard was courteous enough with the safety reminders before stepping in to the lobby. Their staff was quick in assisting me with my belongings, and guide me through the front desk. After a 5-minute verification, I headed straight to the room assigned to me. They have upgraded my room with a veranda, free! I thought I was just so lucky that day. Upon entering, everything was just so magical.

I was impressed the moment I entered the room, thinking I have everything I need was in place. There were two double beds, a perfect cozy working station, good lights and a charming veranda with the pine forest view. Ceiling fan was in place and was working good, cable TV worked fine and super fast wi-fi. A complete sanitation kit and complimentary water, heater plus coffee and tea were placed on the bar station. There's also mini-ref! I guess my room (Rm 306) is the #BreatheBaguio room?

Trying out my restroom was funny. It has a pretty huge automated toilet that at first I didn't know how it works. There's a bidet and an option to use the auto flash and sprinkler. A colored small TV was also installed inside, with the remote control. Shower was a bliss! The water heats up so fast! I just felt like I was really being pampered as everything was automated.

I had the most comfortable sleep so far. The bed has a pretty nice comforter with 4 huge pillows, just perfect to match up the cold weather while it rains that day.

What I like most about the room is the veranda. Here, I took a cup of coffee giving myself a real "me time" I was not able to give for the longest time.

That afternoon, I've ordered their strawberry champorado at The Lobby. It's not my first time trying it out. I just so love this dessert as it compliments with my rainy day mood. There's Julie, their staff who assisted me. Is she the "Employee of the Year" awardee? I don't know. I could still sense she smiles all the time even if she's wearing her mask. I was impressed with the envelope she gave me, telling me it's for my mask. Another big points!

Location is very strategic. Just a five-minute walk south, you'll reach 7-eleven, Starbucks, Yellow Cab and ROX. A 3-minute walk north will give you the woods, children's park and nearby Forest Bathing entry point.

Everything was so smooth, enough reason for me to extend my stay for another night! On my third day, they have granted me to check-out at 4:00pm with no added cost! I will definitely stay here again.

My ratings:
99% Cleanliness
97% Food
100% Ambience
97% Wi-fi Speed
100% Service
98% Location

Room tip: Choose Room 306! Book any rooms with veranda. Forest view rooms are quieter.
Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed December 26, 2021 via mobile

I had a hard time booking a room at this hotel. Understandable because its peak season. But the reservation staff could have made it easier by good customer rapport (almost took a century to hear their response).
Cons:
The parking area is cut off from the hotel building. You have to cross the street to get there. While lighted, it is not paved.
Some furnitures and fixtures in our room (Rm 508 at top floor) are broken (cabinet handle detached, room safe not working). Takes a while to heat the water. The ceiling fans seem to have a mind of their own. Room is fotted with A/C but it seems it is just decorative (!). Room was also a bit under-lighted. Noice from staff chatting below can be a bother. If horses neighing disturbs you, better be prepared (there's a horseback riding site nearby). You can forget about watching the TV as cable channels have bad reception. Le Monet has an indoor heated pool but was closed during our stay.

Pros:
The junior suite room my family used was decent. Nice balcony with sweeping view of pine forest and mountain. Plenty of sockets to plug your devices. Small but nice toilet with bath tub, a smart toilet seat, and a small TV. It has a coffee and tea corner and small ref (to store your beer and pizzas purchased outside ). Staff service (room service, bellman, waiters are fast and friendly). As the name suggests, the hotel is inspired by the French artist Claude Monet. The lobby is quite nice , highlighted by a magnificent chandelier and colourful paintings (you can spot two or three national artists hanging on the walls; an imitation of Monet's waterlily series takes a prominent spot). Signs urging guests to follow health protocols posted in strategic areas. Breakfast food is standard but complete course. Dining is fantastic if you choose the right spot (I suggest you book a spot at the back which gives you a nice view of the Monet-inspired garden). Staff (esp room service and bellmen) are attentove, proactive and courteous. Hotel hosts a few restos beside its building and is walking distance to TechnoHub where restaurants and shops are located.
Overall, our stay at Le Monet was an enjoyable experience. But things could be improved by addressing issues just mentioned.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2021 via mobile

The rooms are literally hot that ironically belong to a hotel situated in a city known for its cool climate. No matter how well appointed they are, my two nights of stay in this hotel can be best remebered as uncomfortably hot that I would prefer staying outside to enjoy the chilly atmosphere. It was enough reason that I opted to check out early to escape the heat in my room no. 412 that alas, was the same situation with that of my other booked room for my relatives (who stayed at room 306).

UPSIDE
The location is nice, near the entrance of Camp John Hay Loakan Road and is surrounded by greeneries with mini manicured garden at the back where my room balcony faces. Toiletries are decent, beddings and pillows are white and clean and there is a TV in the bathroom. Water closet is remote controlled except the bidet that obviously has been irreparable that it had become manual. There are two queen sized bed. Then, there is free wifi, and a jacuzzi and mini gym that I've never gone to. Staff at front desk and resto are quite courteous.

DOWNSIDE
Buffet breakfast, although offering a wide selection of food, are unexciting. There is not one that impressed my liking (not that I am choosy since I eat almost everything). The cabled TV emits grainy images across all channels. But most importantly, the AC-less rooms are unbearably hot with only a slow moving ceiling fan to do the job.

CONCLUSION
Rooms that are uncomfortably hot built in a cool breezy corner of the country, in a nutshell, will be my unpleasant memory of Le Monet Hotel.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jude T
Reviewed November 27, 2021 via mobile

Great stay during a storm.

Stayed here at a time when i needed to work and there was a storm.

The staff made sure that everything needed was covered. As i was in for business, they provided back up lamps, back up wifi and staff was on call. They called to make sure it is a good time to turn back to normal electricity source and kept the generator on if electricity was still fluctuating.

Food was delectable!

The room was cozy and came with a verandah - tip: take the room facing the forest garden - it offers a great view and a restful area, great surroundings for a different wfh (work from hotel) experience

Work tables inside the room are limuted but with ample space.
The best part was that service was exemplary - staff were consistently warm, caring and going the extra mile with a smile :)

Room tip: Room: one with a forest view Take a walk at the monet gardens Best space apart from the room verandah - for coffee/tea- ask to be seated at the area overlooking the gardens
Date of stay: October 2021