“CLEAN & COZY ROOMS, WONDERFUL STAFF, UNPARALLELED CUSTOMER SERVICE RECOVERY”
Review of Le Monet Hotel

Le Monet Hotel
Ranked #1 of 81 Specialty Lodging in Baguio
Reviewed October 16, 2017

Le Monet, being a compact hotel, offers rooms that are clean and cozy despite the small space. Conveniently located inside Camp John Hay, the hotel is walking distance to several restaurants, Manor Hotel, and Forest Lodge. It offers a great ambiance for one to enjoy the original beauty of Baguio City. Courteous and warm-hearted staff make for a pleasant stay.

What struck us about this hotel is their service recovery effort. In all the hotels we have stayed at, even outside the Philippines, we have never experienced such an amazing service action - with no less than the managers fixing a service gone wrong. We initially complained about one of their maintenance crew’s negligence in fixing our clogged toilet (he checked once and never came back to fix it). My husband ended up removing the clog (I won’t elaborate how horrible this part was), which led us to escalate the incident to the higher-ups. Although it took them overnight to respond to our anger and disappointment, we were pleasantly surprised to have an audience with the hotel manager, F & B captain, maintenance supervisor & erring crew the following morning, in a buffet breakfast they had offered for free. During the meeting, they expressed their apologies and vowed to avoid the same mistakes in the future. Even the Chef spoke to us to ensure that we were well attended to. Like I said, this has never happened in any of our stay in other hotels. At best, we just receive a (scripted) apology. But Le Monet was something else! They were undoubtedly sincere and convicted in propagating a strong service culture. As if the free meal offers were not enough (we declined the rest of the offers due to other activities already lined up), they bid us farewell with a basket of assorted goodies from their bakery. How cool is that!

All told, what made our Le Monet stay memorable was the heart of their service. Things may go wrong, but it is how they made sure that we left the hotel definitively delighted. I wish other hotels had as much heart in their service interactions. Shame on those who just write a scripted apology!

Thank you very much, Le Monet! (Hotel Manager Charmaine de Guzman, F & B Captain Nathan Pascua, Chef Cefri, Supervisor Mike, Crew Alvin, Front Desk staff Kitkat, Danica, Fritzy, and Paulyn). See you all again!

Stayed: October 2017
AHMGI H, Manager at Le Monet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Dear Carie V.

I hope all is well.

I do not know exactly what to say Ms. Carina but thank you so much for your kind words despite of what had transpired during your stay at Le Monet Hotel. As other managers answer a ‘scripted’ reply on TA Community, I am not gonna do that because I would like to share what my heart is whispering right now.

In all honesty, you made my entire team teary-eyed esp. Paulyn (while reading your review) because of the lesson we all learned from this incident. You made our team stronger that in times of trouble we should never let anyone down. Your objective review is leading us to better direction and had better understanding on guests - employees’ relationship... and that everything can be settled peacefully if truthful hearts face each other.

Truly everything happens for a reason. This incident made us realize that small thing can escalate if ‘appropriate attention’ is not delivered. I have reiterated this one to my team members (many times, eye-to-eye).Thank you for letting us feel that our mistake did not define us here. Thank you for emphasizing that there is heart in our service. Thank you for giving me and my team the opportunity to recover your trust and confidence. I was actually scared opening tripadvisor because I know that you will be sharing your review but I was relieved upon reading it (pinagpawisan po talaga ako ma’am sa sobrang kaba at saya).

Again, thank you for reminding me that as a leader, I should always take the bullet to save and guide my team members. Such a great lesson once again

I am having a hard time ending my words right now because I have so many beautiful words to say…but lastly, I would like you to know that you have inspired us even more to work as a team.

We are all looking forward hosting you and Sir Tony in the near future.

Charmaine Joy "CJ" and my “gracious host” team members

Reviewed September 26, 2017

Came back to Baguio for our Anniversary as where we'd normally spend it. (The Manor was full).

The rooms are still good, clean and not really showing of age. Beds and pillows are very comfy.

Service seems to have picked up a lot since the last time we were here 7 months ago.

Staff members are still all warm and friendly.

Only gripe this time was at about 12nn-1pm after checking-in, there were two chainsaws running as they were cutting up a tree behind the building. No chance of getting any rest after that drive. Yeah they were just doing their jobs but maybe there might be a better way?

Breakfast offerings improved with choices, I see they added a cheese and cold cut offering.... very good! And they also rotated the choices in the 2 days... very good!

I noticed that they mark return guests, perhaps they should take care of the returnees in some way.

Would stay again? Perhaps.

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as you can
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Miguel P
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

First comment of my friends upon entering their rooms was, "You never fail to please." I wanted my close buddies to experience what I also had in Jan 2014. All 3 gave their 2 thumbs up for approval and can't wait to come back to the Le Monet with their reapective "special other." The cozy and clean staterooms with private balcony, comfortable beds, good breakfast buffet, clean refreshing pool all add up to a great value.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Susana B
AHMGI H, Manager at Le Monet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Dear Susana B.,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us as your compliments and recommendation mean a lot to all of us. It makes us inspired to know that you and your friends had an amazing time at our hotel with our services, facility and attentive gracious host team members. Thank you for sharing your great experience on the TripAdvisor community.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Le Monet Hotel.

More power Susana!

Charmaine Joy "CJ" R. De Guzman
Hotel Manager

Reviewed September 11, 2017

The Le Monet website is poorly laid out, with no posted room rates and, worse, no replies to my e-mail inquiry after four days! No one was picking up the Manila landline and the Le Monet cell phone on a Saturday morning. I always thought that in this line of business, assistance is available every day of the week. Le Monet should make their direct online reservations easier for potential guests. I simply lost interest and booked elsewhere.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
7  Thank maria_berenguel
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

The place was accessible. If you grew up going to Baguio- you would remember that place as it used to be the area of the milkshakes and the mini golf.

Hotel was clean, and spacious. We loved the view. So happy that we also got our own veranda where my friend and I had wine and chatted together.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family

Dear Rizza B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your thoughts about your recent stay at Le Monet Hotel, "Your Gracious Host in Baguio City".

We are very happy to hear that you and your friend had a great time together while enjoying your wine and the relaxing view. Such a great way to even better your 'friendship' (indeed a precious moment for both of you).

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Charmaine Joy R. De Guzman