Lowest prices for your stay
US$91
Free cancellation until 05/11/21
eDreamsUS$91
FindHotel
getaroom.comUS$87
All reviews camp john hay pine trees small tv sized bed visit baguio pesos
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I have been going to Baguio for business since last year and me and my colleagues we're itching to try this head-turner hotel in CJH.

Finally, an opportunity presented itself and I was able to book for two nights and chose a forest view deluxe room.

All I can say is WOW! This place is Baguio at its finest. You'll definitely have a close relationship with pine trees.

Service was also impeccable and staff was courteous and friendly at all levels.

The breakfast was superb. That beef tapa is just unforgettable. And you have a lot of options too.

Too bad I was too tired to try their indoor pool and gym. Perhaps in September when I go back here, again for business.

Suggestion for improvement: please add more lighting into your rooms. It's my personal preference for my hotel room to be well lit. :)

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I reserved a deluxe room and it was not indicated in the description that you have the option to choose between an AC room and a non-AC room.

Turns out, I was booked in a non-AC room and I could not be transferred anymore. And on top of that, I'm still paying the same rate for an AC room.

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank kill3rtomato
valueplustraveler, General Manager at Le Monet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your comment and bringing it to our attention. We sincerely apologize that your request for transfer to aircon room was not granted upon check-in. For the lack of option of aircon room on the online booking facility, we purposely did not include aircon rooms as an online option due to vey limited number. The aircon rooms can only be booked directly to the hotel. However, guests booking online can request for aircon rooms but subject for confirmation, and with additional premium of P500. We are communicating it already with the online partner to indicate the aircon room request in the room description.

We hope to be of service to you again and we value your comment to help us serve you better.

Thank you and Warm regards!

Dante C. Cruz
dantecruz.artstream@gmail.com

Reviewed 11 August 2014

When we started scouting for a hotel to stay in Baguio City on our arrival, we moved and asked around. Having been in the travel industry, I know whom to ask. From the city government to our partner travel agencies around the area, no other name ranked top but this Le Monet Hotel.
It was a nice drive coming from the main city, with the pines around, the serene and quiet curbs gave me a relaxing respite. When we arrived at the hotel, the chandelier looked so grand yet you will experience a homey atmosphere with all the employees greeting you with a smile, a big warm and sincere welcoming smile. My kudos from the security guard to the bellhop to the front desk clerk. Their smiles seemed not to be too affected by the cold and foggy weather at that time.
Our stay was way beyond pleasant but more awesome each day. The crisp air in the morning with a good forest view is always so inviting for an early morning walk. Had our itinerary not been set already, I would have taken the time to do so.
The room was quite spacious and the soft beds and pillows are divine, you’d want to cuddle in longer than needed, quite apt for the cold weather indeed. Buffet breakfast line-up was not only great but quite sumptuous with a variety from Filipino and Continental cuisine. My reco is for you to try the French Toast and the smoked ham, you would like to order to bring some home for your love ones just to share with them and enjoy.
After the end of our four days stay, the everyday service experience was well worth it. You may not even miss home much but would definitely want to bring your love ones here. I will. I'll tell them, its our new home in Baguio City.

Room tip: Ask for the Forest view, you wont want to miss this great relaxing feeling. Awesome time to rest.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank LEA L
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Having stayed at lots of hotels in different countries i was not overwhelmed by Le Monet and more over i do not understand how they have achieved such high ratings. Are there no other alternative? The answer would be; no in fact not.

I had ordered 6 rooms, where 1 was a Suite for my wife and me.

Suite:
Let me start by writing: EVERYTHING IS CLEAN, ABSOLUTELY SPOTLESS.
Impressive build up and design of the room. I like the flow and different opportunities, where you can sit down and relax, while your spouse can do her stuff without us colliding. The view to the forest is nice, but not astonishing in any ways.
The toilet is beautiful, but the design flaws start to appear. The actual toilet itself is nice, with automatic wash, blower etc. Good gadget where you can spend a little time playing around.
I do not understand the build up for the shower. Water can and will easily go to the floor while taking a bath. Why would you not make it so that the water would stay in the tub? Gets me...
There's a little TV, but the signal is bad and the sound is broken. The window is big, but showering with the drapes open? No thank you. And the drapes will also transport water the most weird places...
TV in the room itself is pretty big, bout 40" to my eye. Nice little sofa to kick back with a beer. But what is that? No signal, no channels. What happen? Power cuts. Generator running, power is back, but the TV or signal is still offline for some reason. The generator is placed so that the diesel exhaust smoke will come into your room, if the door is open or you decide to use the lovely balcony. Again, who thought of that?
There's a little fridge with a small selection of drinks and luckily it's cheap compared to many other hotels. We emptied it out.
We had two king size beds, one for each. Bit overkill and frankly they were just ok. The pillows will definitely destroy your neck. At least this is my experience.
The worst part is this; Noise. Oh my god, what happen to insulation? I'm speechless. We had 3 nights and none of them did we sleep well. At night, and again this is purely what we experienced and the time being, our neighbor came home drunk. We could hear everything, even the TV running.
Anyways, it's now 5 am and we can start sleeping... No you cant. Hotel cleaning is starting and my god do they have to yell at 5 am in the morning to each other in the hallway with the doors not deflecting ANY noise at all? *Sigh*

The restaurant is nothing impressive either. In the morning there was a buffet, with a decent selection of foods. The only problem is just, that it is bland and not tasting very well. My wife is Filipino and didn't even like most of the native dishes served. She said it tasted wrong or needed more spices. The bread was very dry and there was only a limited selection of drinks.
The service was OK, but one morning i ordered two eggs. Apparently they forgot and after 50 mins i got 2 cold eggs.. thank you very much!

Anyways, Le Monet is an OK hotel in Baguio and you don't have so many choices if you want luxury. I give it an average rating, mainly because of the high quality rooms and cleanliness.

Room tip: Get a room at the end of a hallway so that you only have 1 neighbor.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank RuneJohannesen
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I spent one night at this remarkable conveniently located in Camp John Hay among the lovely pine trees. It was quiet area we have been to many, many times and yet the first time we ever stepped foot in Le Monet.

We stayed on the second floor and loved the room. It had a balcony looking out on the road and yet it was peaceful as the traffic was light and the sliding glass door sealed tight and sound.

The room featured two queen sized beds with top of the line mattresses and way above average bedding. There were two TV's in the room, one obviously in front of the beds (a large flat screen) and a small one in the restroom in the event you didn't get out in time after a commercial.

The restroom had piping hot water, a heated commode, and a large enough size where one isn't bumping into something with every move. The bathroom was actually classier than many hotel rooms I have stayed in in the Philippines.

We opted for the ceiling fan room as air conditioning is typically not needed in Baguio. The room was larger than most Manila condos, was well lighted, and was first rate all the way through.

Stepping into the hotel you can see there was no cutting of costs. Again, it was first class all the way. The dining area was huge and the seating was comfortable.

The only problem we encountered came during lunch on out first day. We had invited three guests and it took the staff well over 30 minutes to serve us despite being the only customers there. In fact, they served one dish at a time and the food was mediocre. Nevertheless, breakfast was awesome. My wife mentioned the poor service at lunch and man oh man did they ever make up for it at breakfast. The buffet had something for everyone, whether Asian or American, German, French, etc.

The hotel has a gravel parking lot across the street which I was initially wary of. However, to my surprise it was staffed 24/7 by a guard and lit up at night.

There is also a heated indoor pool and large meeting rooms for groups.

Will I return? You bet I will. Having lived in Baguio a couple of years previously, this is by far the best in the city, even exceeding The Manor.

You won't be disappointed with the accommodations or the staff.

Room tip: The rooms facing the road offer a great view of pines and mountains in the distance. On the opposite side, you face pines trees galore.
Date of stay: July 2014