“Hit and miss”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2016

Sorry 50's fans, but this is an honest review. We went here twice during Panagbenga on a weekday- for breakfast and dinner (not a lot of people on the day we went). Breakfast: "Guys on the Hood" and "Chicken Thigh". The chicken thigh was cooked and marinated well. Very tender and tasty. However, the Pork chop of guys on the hood was served cold. I saw a few reviews saying this place offers good food but service is awfully slow. I guess when we went there, they "tried" to up the service time, but failed to check quality.

I had to return the whole plate (I always check my food before I eat to make sure its clean/in proper temperature) and the pork chop was returned re-heated and tasted beautifully. The Pizza as stated on the menu that's part of the plate was nothing more than a piece of bread cut to the shape of a triangle with tomato sauce and cheese- Nothing special. The fried chicken was good.

Now fast forward to Dinner. We ordered S/S (Steak and Shrimps) and Pasta and Garlic Shrimp. To our surprise, our orders came after just a few minutes. I said to myself, there's gotta be something wrong with either of our orders. And lo and behold, there was- The steak was hard/stiff as rubber. We couldn't chew it. I ended up giving up on 50's when I had high hopes after breakfast. The pasta however was good.

Location wise, its very accessible to all. With or without private transportation. Restaurant ambiance was very retro 50's as you would expect. The owner is hands on with the guests as well, serving food and wiping tables.

I hope they improve their service soon, because they already have a name in Baguio as one of the go to places for good food.

Overall 4/10

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed 2 March 2016 via mobile

Ambiance is old fashioned however staffs are accommodating. Thumbs up.

Food was Great. 8.5/10 is our score. Special mention is for Gambler's Choice and Banana Split for dessert.

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank mark joey a
Reviewed 18 February 2016

Classic restaurant. The design is okay. Big servings. The food is delicious. I recommend one of their shakes.

Date of visit: July 2015
2  Thank Maestro_Aleks
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

The 50's Diner along Leonard Wood is a must-go place if you are looking for a respite from fast food and the regular restaurant fare. The place is decorated with old rock n'roll memorabilia. Authentic 50's and 60's vibe is what you'll feel in this place. The food, like in the old days, is on the greasy side. Whatever, it adds to the fun!

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

Inside the restaurant is warm because there's no windows. Been there several times, slow service. Food is OK for the price.

Date of visit: August 2015