Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 10/01/22
Hotels.com$39
Booking.com$48
Travelocity$39
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 4, 2017 via mobile

I booked a room thru an agent for our 2 nights stay in baguio. The agent gave me albergo hotel and residences. I trusted that since it's a residence hotel, it's a decent one. But it's the other way around.

Let me start with my experience with the agent. She gave me photos of the rooms yet when i reached baguio, she gave me a different unit. She said it is walking distance to SM, but it's not. It is near wright park, the mansion and ketchup food community. Ok, that's one good point. Though if you want to check SM, legarda road or session road, it's a little far and traffic was also crazy.

We arrived early which i informed the agent i might arrive early. She said it's ok to leave our luggage in the lobby. She did not let us checked in until 2pm. (No consideration)

The room was old. Dirty. There's sofa which is also old and you wouldn't want to try to sit in... there's a room, with no aircon, bad ventillation. Toilet is small, dated, rusty, but the warm shower is working.

There's no TV. The automatic thermo is also old and broken, wifi not working due to unsettled bill (it was showing in chrome when you try to connect). In short it is like a miserable place to spend a night with no choice. The price i think is too high for its quality.

I cancelled my second night, as i talked to the agent, the money i paid (in cash) can no longer be refunded. I told her we are not comfortable with the unit she gave us. She still did not refund the second day. I let it go. I still went and find another hotel which is more decent than this one. I learned a lot from this experience.

First time am rating poor to any of my reviews.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank AggzS
Reviewed January 1, 2017

The one thing that really works for Albergo is location. It is really accessible, and near a lot of popular places like Wright Park, Botanical Gardens and Ketchup Community (walking distance, all of them). It is also a great place to grab a jeep to Mines View or Session Road. A lot of cabs also frequent the place, easy enough to flag one down wherever you are going.

The place itself also has restaurants at the ground floor, including the famous Amare Pizza. There is also a Victory Church here, so you can catch the weekend service even when on vacation.

The staff are friendly, place is clean and has that old school 'retreat house' vibe. The room we stayed in (Superior) was adequately lit and furnished and housed four adults and one kid Very comfortably. There was a day bed/couch against the wall which made for sleep space for our 5th guest, making it unnecessary to request for an extra bed (room capacity is 4 adults).

The staff are super friendly, but I've had a couple of instances where they misunderstood requests, and one time though we left the "Please Make Up Room" notice on our door handle, they still managed to miss it and so after a day out it was very disappointing to come back and see that the room was not made up.

All in all though, I would not mind making Albergo my go-to place for accommodations in the City of Pines.

Date of stay: December 2016
1  Thank Anna May V
Reviewed December 15, 2016 via mobile

Let's start with the positives as I always like to remain positive in life...

1. Location wasn't bad as it was right by The Mansion and Wrights Park.
2. Reception staff were friendly (but please see my point about them below also)

Now let's list the negatives...

1. I'll start with the worst point; the room. We reserved a family suite which consisted of 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms. As soon as we opened the door there was a musty smell. When we went into the double room, there was mouldy running down the wall. Same was found in the bathroom. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Problem we had was that we had the last suite so there was no possibility of moving. We just had to grit our teeth for the one night we stayed.
2. No air con in the rooms. This made for a hot and sticky stay!!
3. The wifi is appalling. Can only be connected in the lobby apparently. We couldn't even connect there.
4. The reception staff lied to us... we approached the hotel and they said they had no more suites (we didn't book in advance of our stay) We left the hotel to the local bar where we went on booking.com and miraculously found a suite available (I seriously doubt in the 30seconds it took us to get to the bar one became available).

This hotel has super potential. Shame that they let themselves down with the points I mentioned above. I wouldn't stay here again unless they make significant improvements to their facilities.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Lucypeigh0511
Reviewed August 1, 2016

We booked a superior suite – with 2 single beds and a sofa. The room is spacious and we had a good view. The kids love their bed, not too soft or hard- just good enough to lay our tired body. The staff were friendly and efficient. We never had issues checking in/out of the hotel. There’s a couch at the lobby where WIFI is available. The free breakfast is so-so. Don’t expect too much on their food, but then again, their service is quick and efficient. That’s a good plus for me. The parking space is a little creepy, maybe because of the lighting on the basement. We had a great time at the hotel, I can say that the kids were happy. I’d probably book the same accommodation again because of the location – near the Mansion, Wright Park etc. plus the staff are pleasant to talk to. It may be typical, but we had a nice experience.

Date of stay: February 2016
1  Thank _adashofash
Reviewed May 1, 2016

FACILITY APPEARANCE - The lobby to the hotel was confusing at first. To access the lobby, you enter the front entrance which leads you to a wide open round rotunda with various offices. In the center of the rotunda is an average open aired circle exposed to the weather. Directly across the entrance is the lobby to the hotel, which by the way is also a residential facility. STAFF - The staff was friendly. Check-in-PROCESS was quick. They did not require a deposit. We paid $82 USD. Much more than I expected for this location. Then again, it was one of three available as the other seventy hotels were sold out for the weekend. Access to the room was also a bit confusing. The hotel room, as well as many others were in the lower level, or basement. The elevator button to the lower level or basement is "UB" not LL or B for basement. The lobby to the hotel room as nothing exciting. Very plain. There was a couch in the lobby. By the way, there are no WIFI in the rooms. You must access it from the lobby and the signal was very weak when we where there, thus difficult to connect to their server. PARKING - There is parking on the streets, though it is very difficult to find one. Unsure about parking for tenants since we had not rented a vehicle. Numerous taxis are available passing in front of the hotel. HANDICAP ACCESS - Is available through the front entrance as there are no steps leading to the initial lobby of the facility. RESTAURANT - The hotel has a restaurant serving breakfast. Unsure about dinner as we were not impressed with breakfast and the facility where breakfast was served, which was a temporary location in their ballroom. FYI - They do not serve orange juice, instead they have pineapple juice. There is a pizza restaurant which attracts a huge crowd just outside of the hotel lobby in the rotunda (Amare La Cucina Pizza). Two other restaurants are located outside of the main entrance to the facility; The Cookout (traditional burgers) Gusteaus Restaurant, and the Roadhouse Barn restaurant. MANAGER'S RECEPTION HOUR - None. ROOM AMBIENCE - The walkway to the hotel rooms was very wide and quiet. Your foot steps and conversations echoes throughout the hall. The room was terrible. There was a strong stale order permeating throughout the room. So we left the door ajar and opened the windows as well as turned on the air-conditioning. The main bedroom has a queen bed with a bathroom. The other room is very narrow with two twin beds placed end over end. There is a 32" TV with limited cable channels. A common dinning table with four chairs. A kitchenette with a few stemware, which we hadn't touched since it was exposed. There's no paper towels so bring your own supply. The fridge is small. A microwave is available on the kitchen counter. Our room had two bedrooms with two baths. The bathroom in the common area was horrible! The sink caulking had black mode as did the shower (pictures). There was a ceiling access panel at the corner of the bathroom off center from the sink that was open (photo). This was brought to the hotel's front desk to correct which they did, though failed to wipe up the dust/dirt from the ceiling that landed on the sink, gross! he toilet seat was broken, one of the seat hinge was not attached/broken. Made sitting on the toilet seat uncomfortable. The walls in both bedrooms were dirty or stained. There was also a couch in the living/dinning common area. It was filthy dirty! (photo) It was brown dirty - no one sat on it. The floors were slightly filthy with dirt, we felt the grit of dirt when we walked in which may account for the filthiness of the couch. EXCERCISE ROOM - Unsure if there was one since we hadn't needed it nor inquired. PET FRIENDLY - Unsure if pets are allowed, never asked nor saw any pets. SHOPPING OPTIONS - There are no shopping malls within walking distance. There is a park across the street where local vendors were selling souvenir and a few eats and drinks. There are a number of local vendor/shops about 2-4 miles up the street to a tourist attraction known as Mines View Park where. I suggest using a taxi to get up there than walking. HOTEL QUIRKS - An aged list of items are listed for inventory on one of the kitchen cabinets. There are framed signs from management asking guests for cooperation in maintaining silence along the hallways, again conversations echoes throughout the hallway. When checking out, the hotel's front desk will issue a pink piece of paper titled "clearance form" validating the room was inventoried and the room was left in, we suspect, an ok condition and nothing was removed, the form is to be presented to the security guard at the main entrance. TIPS - First, don't stay here. Secure hotel reservations well in advance of visiting Baguio. If you do stay here, it is welcoming of large groups. The front desk will hold your luggage for a few hours by tagging your items with a claim ticket to retrieve when ready. RECAP - Avoid staying at this hotel as we felt it wasn't healthy with the condition of the couch, the mold in the bathroom and overall cleanliness of the room.

Date of stay: April 2016