Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Oberoi, Mauritius(Pointe Aux Piments)
View Hotel
Le Meridien Ile Maurice(Pointe Aux Piments)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Villas Mon Plaisir(Pointe Aux Piments)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Hotel Spice Garden(Pointe Aux Piments)
View Hotel
Recif Attitude(Pointe Aux Piments)
3,083 results
All reviewsla casale superbele horizonall inclusive packagekids clubfamily apartmentbob marlinpalm treeswater sportsvisited leseafood restaurantbeach servicemain restaurantaqua gyma la carte restaurantsfamily vacationwedding coordinator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel for 8 days. We did a lot of research before selecting this hotel and finally chose it as it seemed to cater to families. However, after 2 stays at the Lux Belle Mare, this was a huge step down in quality and we were disappointed. From the moment we arrived, it seemed disorganized, busy and inattentive to customers. The checkin was chaotic and I was left standing for at least 10 minutes before someone would greet me and check my family in as people ran around frantically trying to check in other guests(I asked at reception and they told me to run after some guy to help me). So not a great first impression. There was no personlised service or feeling that you were valued. After finally checking in, we were basically left to our own to find our room. No one provided us with details on what to do or where things were located. Throughout our 8 days here, it was the same. Lack of management or efficient/friendly systems or even to respond to guests needs. For example, we tried to order baby meals but they never seemed to appear or arrived 40 minutes late after our child was too hungry/tired to eat. No one seemed to communicate with each other. The pool towel service is ridiculous and you need these stupid cards to get towels each day or cart around your wet ones back and forth. Does someone think we will actually steal these?! The towel guy was extremely rude and refused to give me an extra towel as I left one in the room. Also, they don't open until 9am with any clean towels! Although the beach and pool are good, it could be so much better.There is no lifeguard on duty if you come with small children. Food won't be delivered to you if you are on the beach (only the top of the stairs). Little details like this could easily be fixed if management actually walked around and talked to guests to find out what issues exist. Although we liked the baby room which had supplies of food and milk, food would frequently run out by the end of the day (nobody would come to restock). Also, this is the only baby changing facility in the whole hotel which is far away from the pool, etc! It would be so easy to install a baby changing table in the other bathrooms. The restaurant was okay but many of the dishes were average at best. Both times we visited the other restaurants and the food wasn't great there either. A lot of the dishes lacked flavour and variety. Some of the wait staff were friendly where others were rude and grumpy. The hotel had some ramps but other places there were none leaving us to carry strollers up and down stairs. There is also no elevator down to the spa or kids club. The few times we visited the kids club, we weren't impressed with the activities or resources (most were old). The beaches were okay and had adequate seating but there is a lot of rocks and dead coral (and sea urchins) so you need to be careful while swimming. We did like the pools though as they were big. Overall, I wouldn't really recommend this hotel for families with young children as there are certainly better ones in Mauritius. It was pretty expensive and not great value.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
4  Thank Salsalover99
VictoriaBeachcomber, Social Media & Quality Manager at Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Salsalover99,

We are very sad to read that Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa was not at the height of your expectations, however I believe you have done a very bad combination, with starting with Lux* Belle Mare which is an 'All Suite' Resort with 174 Suites.

Victoria Beachcomber is one of the most popular resorts in Mauritius, renowned for all rooms sea facing, family atmosphere, and the resort encompasses a lifestyle that appeals to all ages.

I must say on a rare occasion, I do acknowledge that we can initially not meet a guest’s expectations, however our Artisans do their very best to fulfill our promise of a quality experience and to cultivate the art of beauty in all its dimensions.

In regards to our Baby Corner, I sincerely do not understand your point; our Baby Corner is at the Heart of the resort which means near the reception area in the middle of the resort, it has been carefully equipped to meet the needs of babies from 1 to 3 years old, where equipment such as Changing table, Bottle warmer, Bottle sterilizer, Bottle brush wash, Fridge, Water Kettle, Water dispenser and a Baby Meal Menu where a dedicated Chef deals with all the orders.

Concerning your comment about the variety of the dishes; if you did mention we would have certainly made sure that one of our Chefs met with you and he would have done some special dishes at your taste; our Kitchen Team is very flexible and I can guarantee you that they would have prepared what ever you wished just to please you.

At Beachcomber we believe that the beauty of our resorts is enhanced by the quality of our services and the kindness of our teams, it is a pity that we learn your disappointment only today, as if we were aware of your disappointment and that you were at Lux* Belle Mare just before us, we would have moved you to another Beachcomber Resort which I personally think would have suited you, as things like that may happen and we would have helped you to finish your holiday beautiful.

Nevertheless I am delighted to share with you and our readers that “Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa is a 2018 Travellers’ Choice Award Winner” by Trip Advisor, and this is nothing but purely the hard work and passion of our Artisans, along with the love and support from our Guests.

Hopefully the highly positive reviews and compliments we receive on this platform and other social platforms, refute the claims which are sometimes grossly distorted, exaggerated and I believe in some instances, unacceptable.

Therefore I invite all readers and avid travelers, in reading the countless past and post reviews to appreciate by themselves the quality and service provided by the Artisans of Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa.

Stephanie Brebener

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I have spent two wonderful weeks at the Victoria Beachcomber (in March). From the very first beginning until the chauffeur drive back to the airport it we felt most comfortable and well treated by the whole Hotel staff (doesnt matter which Department). The check-in and check-out was easy and luggage desk is even providing luggage and shower room after check out. The Overall Impression of the whole venue as well as the room is completely positive as the Buildings are integrated into the nature which creats an awesome atmosphere. So this also contributes to the fact that you can enjoy silence and privacy throughout the whole stay and this made us feel completely relaxed and happy. The pool and the beach are great too as you can find all amenities that you need in that area for free. Our package was all inclusive and there is nothing you would wish to add because all the Food and beverages were high Quality and diverse, the bar Team for example was surprising us almost every day with new creations. BUT: the most most famous aspect is the staff and we really mean the whole staff. We were treated one the one Hand as friends, but on the other Hand also very professional. Hence the Level of Service is 5* and the appreciation is really going to the Hotel People! Thanks again for having us as well as contributing to a gorgeous Holiday. It was our second time at a beachcomber Hotel and you have proved again that your Hotel Group is on a very high Level. We will come back to this lovely Island and our Hotel will be a beachcomber one again for sure.

Room Tip: All rooms have sea view
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Julian S

Dear Julian S,
Greetings from Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa and a huge Thank you for your Beachcomber loyalty!!!!

The entire team at the resort is happy that you and your wife had a wonderful 2 weeks holiday with us and we thank you for this review, it is encouraging to read such positive comments on our service, facilities and our Artisans.
A big big thank you for recognizing the most important aspect of Victoria Beachcomber, our People, our Artisans is the DNA of Victoria Beachcomber, it is them who sets the vibe of the resort and we are thrilled to read that you enjoyed every single moment that you spent with us.

Thank you for mentioning how you were satisfied with the inclusion of our All Inclusive Package, we propose unlimited selected drinks, including a selection of imported brands, unlimited selected wine and drinks during lunch and dinner, all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), Buffet or à la carte with a supplement on certain items, sandwiches selection from 10am to 5pm and pancakes from 4pm to 6pm and much more.

Once again, we are delighted to read that the service provided by our Artisans had a very positive impact during your stay and please be assured that your feedback will be shared with the team, thank you for rating our service as a 5 *

You are now definitely part of the Beachcomber family and we hope to see you soon for another Beachcomber Experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We came in with very, very high expectations - I hadn't taken a single day off for the last year.... We were there my wife and I, with our two little girls (10 months & 2,5 yo).

I imagined a nice hotel, all rooms facing the sea with balconies and terraces. I imagined sipping piña coladas next to a cool swimming pool where I wouldn't have to fight for my deckchair. I wished for gentle nannies who could take care of my daughters a few hours a day at the kids club. I expected a big buffet for lunch and then a few quiet restaurants for the evenings. I longed for some snorkeling and interesting visits of the Island. And, moreover, I really hoped for a kind a helping staff and that we wouldn't have to argue or fight for anything.

Well, that's exactly what we got - and then some.

For some reason we got a better room than the one we booked (directly through Beachcomber) : a family apartment, that room might have been 120 or 130 square meters ! The terrace is HUGE.

We arrived in the early morning on the first day, and the staff managed to give us a room to rest with the kids - same goes for the last day.

The all inclusive is really all inclusive.

The Hertz car rental at the hotel was complicated (cars not available, not the right hours...). The frontdesk managed to find us another rental car contact that was great.

The staff at the front desk, the room, the kids club, the restaurants, the swimming pool, ... was always available, smiling and efficient.

And let's talk about the front desk : the entire team was SO helpful and patient with us. I'm thinking about Rim, Emilie, Gregory but especially *** Alison *** !

The nanny we had (ask for Lina) was gentle with the kids, patient, entertaining, ...

Overall, the feeling I had when we left is that there hadn't been a single frustration or annoyance during our stay. We LOVED our stay and LOVED the staff.

Stayed: March 2018
4  Thank laurentkretz
VictoriaBeachcomber, Social Media & Quality Manager at Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear laurentkretz,
Greetings from Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa.

The entire team at the resort is glad that you experienced a stay that you have dreamt of, we thank you for such a detailed review of the facilities that you had, as also for the beautiful title you chose for us.

Your review details various aspects which make us special and this will definitely help the readers of this forum and the future travellers to Mauritius in making a good conscious decision of their choice of resort.

Happy to read that you appreciated your room upgrade to a Family Apartment, Victoria Beachcomber has always been popular for its spacious rooms that makes it possible to accommodate couples with one to two children, also with our Family Apartments (120 square meters) which guarantees space and privacy to all members of the family with two bedrooms and two bathrooms, is just perfection for a family holiday. If we do have the possibility to do a free upgrade when we have the opportunity why not, and once again I am happy that you and your family appreciated this gesture.

We are thrilled to read how you enjoyed the availability and attention of our Artisans, to see such amazing praises for our Artisans who we truly believe are the central pillar of our resort is just brilliant. Your kind and encouraging words have already been communicated to our team namely Alison, Rim, Emilie and Gregory.

This is the reason why Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa is a 2018 Travellers’ Choice Award Winner by Trip Advisor, and this is nothing but purely the hard work and passion of our Artisans.

Victoria Beachcomber Team looks forward to welcome you back next year.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at Victoria for 2 in March for our honeymoon. We had the bottom floor swim up room and it was beautiful. Great view of the sunset in the evening too. If you stay here I highly recommend one of those rooms.

The staff were all very friendly, especially Raj.

The food at the adult only steal restaurant was lovely but the menu is very small considering it's the only adult only restaurant. If people do not want to be around kids then you will eat most things on the menu in less than a week! I think maybe the menu should be changed on a weekly basis.

I was also very disappointed that on our only cloudy day I wanted to sit at the bar for a coffee and they advised me that no coffees are included in the all-inclusive package.

It is somewhere I'd come back to again providing there is more choice at Morris Beef.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Lucia D,
Greetings from Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa. Thank you for choosing Victoria for 2 to celebrate your honeymoon.

Victoria for 2 is all about peacefulness, relaxation and being pampered, this new section has been designed exclusively for couples ,if one is planning a Holiday without the kids or simply looking for a peaceful romantic getaway, Victoria for 2 is the place to be where one can completely unwind and without being conscious or disturbed by the presence of young ones.

However the best is that you can still use all the facilities that a family 4 star hotel shall offer such as Aqua Gym everyday at 11h00, a wide range of Water and Land Sports, Zumba session, Bicycle ride out of the resort, Tennis and so much more.

We have taken note of your comments about to have a menu that rotates on a weekly basis; however in regards to the coffee that you mentioned that you were refused; I think that there was a misunderstanding.

Espresso Coffee, Cappuccino, Cafe latte, Macchiato are included in our AI Pakage; it is the Nespresso Brand which is available but with supplement and consequently not included in the AI Package.

The inclusion of our All Inclusive Package is generally appreciated by our Guests, we propose unlimited selected drinks, including a selection of imported brands, unlimited selected wine and drinks during lunch and dinner, all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner),

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again at Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After lots of research we chose the Victoria Beachcomber for a 2 night stay on the island. It was a little cheaper than some of the other high end hotels but we found it to be great value, with great food, great rooms, and a great stretch beach. The staff were extremely warm and helpful and we just had a great stay. Also a good option if you have kids. We travelled with an 8 month old and there is a dedicated room for bottle sterilisation and preparation and a baby food menu. The kids club on the beach looked super for bigger kids.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear Nicola D,

We think your subject says it all!

Thank you for your kind words about our Artisans and thank you for highlighting our Baby Corner and our Kids Club.

We take great pride in being a family-friendly Resort and this hinges on the team's wonderful care and attention. Our Baby Care Corner has been carefully equipped to meet the needs of babies from 1 to 3 years old, where equipment such as Changing table, Bottle warmer, Bottle sterilizer, Bottle brush wash, Fridge, Water Kettle, Water dispenser and a Baby Meal Menu. And what I love with this is that we have noticed that the Dad's are more in there compared to the Mothers. In regards to the older kids, we offer an array of activities that suits every age group, a comprehensive program of activities is available at the Kids Club, Teens Club and an extensive choice of water and land activities too.

We hope to have the pleasure to host you again at Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa.