“Had better food!”

Warung
Ranked #69 of 90 Restaurants in Sepang
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 24 January 2015

Whilst we were waiting for our flight from KL to Melbourne we thought we would kill some time and have dinner before boarding our flight.

I had a Beef Burger with Fries. Burger Patti tastey greasy so probably not a lean meat pattie and some of the Burger was still pink in the middle. Its a no-no to have raw mince in a Burger.

My wife had one of the Cekodok Pisang (Fried Banana Mash Fritters) and it was burnt and had that burnt flavour.

We should have returned our meals but I just couldnt be bothered making a scene.

Suggest you try one of the fast food outlet upstairs which will be a lot better. I should have had a Burger at Burger King and Im sure it would have tasted better and been better on my wallet but I was expecting a Gourmet Type Burger at this price.

1  Thank tommomelbourne

Reviewed 23 January 2015 via mobile

Served abruptly which is tolerable given the setting. Thai chicken salad was so dressed, the chef probably thought the salad was in a Russian winter. Not edible. Sent it back politely and asked for dressing on the side only to be told that was their standard and we were wrong. Classy. told it could be remade at our cost. Ummm no thank you.

Reviewed 11 January 2015

Came here for dinner and were very hungry! tried Balado, Tom Yam Mee, Thai salad and Pisang Goreng Warung (banana dessert). Agree with fellow reviewers that the food was not buck for the money, but wasn't as bad as appears from the reviews in this community. For us, the bad were the table itself - felt greasy and the Tom Yam soup. The service was prompt and the Balado was good. Thai salad was just ok, eatable though.
The tall Indian girl was no where to be seen, a malay-Indian boy, thin with specks was taking orders. He seemed cheerful.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

this was one of few option i had, i wish i had not....
service is terrible and the worst that is possible in Malaysia.
food was ok.

2  Thank kruh_11
Reviewed 8 August 2014

From the get go this was the worst service I have ever received. Keep in mind that this cafe is in an airport... Where people are stressed and on tight deadlines.
We chose to eat here over mcdonalds or grab a sandwich from Gloria jeans next door despite the inflated prices. We now wish we had just grabbed one of those things.
Also, this cafe was in no way understaffed. They had four waiters working around 20 tables and a full load of kitchen staff.
We had to wave at a waiter for about five minutes before being seated in a "closed" part of the café.
Then we had to wave down a waiter again after about 20 minutes to ask if we could place an order.
It then took 15 minutes to bring us two bottles of water!
About half an hour later we received one of our meals, a parmigiana with a side of pasta.
It was simply a TINY chicken schnitzel with some salsa on the side. Not a parmigiana by any standard!!
This set us back about 25MYR (expensive for Malaysia standards and way overpriced for such a small serving).
Our second meal did not appear so we asked a waiter and he said he wasn't sure, he was waiting on the kitchen. 15 minutes (we timed everything after the initial service) later he brought my partners main out. No apology or explanation given, I asked if he would apologise and he didn't know what he was apologising for. Horrible!!!!!
After we finished our meals I asked to speak to the manager. We then sat looking at our watch again for 20 minutes!!! The manager took that long to come and speak to me! At which point his explanation was that he couldn't leave the kitchen despite being the floor manager (not the head chef or kitchen manager).
The entire time I complained he addressed my partner (male) and not myself (who was doing all the talking) and offered us nothing besides some half-hearted apologies in exchange for our bad experience.
We then had to wait a further five minutes for someone picked up the bill before we, literally, ran to board for our flight.
I almost told the people waiting outside the seating area not to bother.

3  Thank MaireMacha