“Interesting Place for Choco-lovers to visit!”
Review of Cocoa Kingdom

Cocoa Kingdom
Ranked #17 of 26 Shopping in Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed December 24, 2015

It is a quite beautiful place with a large variety of chocolate products. Some of them are very interesting

Reviewed August 5, 2015

Want to test some locally made chocolates? Which is made why cocoa? Come to Cocoa Boutique and you can get any kind of chocolates that are locally made. Favorable, variable shape and quantity and of course for the affordable prices as well.

2  Thank Guywholovestravel
Reviewed June 24, 2015

I expected more than just a retail outlet and was hoping for at least an insight into their manufacturing process. Instead it was just a sales outlet catering for tourists. The tour groups frequenting the place made it clear that the tour agencies had struck deals with the outlet owner. I never heard or seen most of the brands on display at the outlet and also found the prices around the same and even more expensive as other more established brands. As such I wasn't that motivated to purchase. The place is quite small and photography is forbidden. I went through it in 10 minutes.

You can see more details on their Facebook page. Google Maps identifies the location as KK Chocolate House.

Unless you're a real chocolate addict and/or also visited the Grand Illusions attraction nearby, I would give this place a miss.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Cocoa Boutique was a pleasant surprise to me and my family
Located near the airport, our driver took us here all of a sudden, telling us that we should try the chocolates and man, we're glad we did :)

Here, we were treated to a variety of local-made chocolates
You can taste samples of their best-sellers such as the tiramisu white chocolate, durian chocolate and even chili chocolate

The prices were rather reasonable and the taste? Well, I have to say, very good :)
This is a good place to stop by for chocolate cravings and for gifts to bring back home
The prices are not expensive, nor cheap either

Pay it a visit and you just might find something that will suit your taste buds :D

Their signature product here is the Tiramisu Chocolate :D

1  Thank paul360
See more reviews
Reviewed December 20, 2011

We visited the Cocoa Boutique on the way to the airport at the end of our trip to KK, not having planned to go there at all. Since we had checked out of our hotel and had some time to spare, my cousin(who lives in KK) suggested that we drop in there as it is close to the airport. I was a bit sceptical at first, not having much expectations of chocolate in Sabah, but was pleasantly surprised.
it's a small place but full of an unexpected and amazing variety of locally produced chocolates with really unusual flavours - durian chocolate and chocolate with chilli to name a couple.
You can taste the chocolates, to get an idea which to buy, and they surprisingly taste very nice - never expected local chocolate to taste so good. And the prices were reasonable too.

The best part is the chocolate decorating activity they have, that can keep kids occupied for a while, and they get to take away their personally decorated chocolates.

All in all, a very pleasant way to spend some time, perhaps on a rainy day when lying on the beach is is not an option!

6  Thank vickykksa