Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
RaymondAngana
Cebu Island, Philippines

Location, Cheap and Clean

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Nov 20, 2015
My stay in Asia Adventure Lodge was perfectly fine. We were 3 friends who travelled to KK and we initially booked a 2-night stay but ended up staying 2 more. Shiela, the manager of the lodge is very accommodating and has been a huge help in helping us secure tours and itinerary in KK. Everything is great except the occassional lost of water. It's location is right smack within the city. A few meters walk from Pezzo and it's really worth the money. Thanks
Date of stay: November 2015
Room Tip: We slept in Room #5 and couldn't complain a thing except that the music on the nearby karaoke...
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Beachfront View
    ₱2,327
16.7 km from Asia Adventure Lodge
View more hotels in Kota Kinabalu
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 10, 2015 via mobile

Please please dont stay here!

First night we arrived we were told that our booking hadnt been sent by expedia and that the room we were supposed to be in was double booked! After some messing around we were placed into a room with no air con and also only a sliding window which only covered half the window?! There was also only one plug socket which meant if we needed to charge anything then we had to sacrifice this - not that it made a difference as the open window let the heat in anyway! After finally getting to sleep at around 2am due to the loud bars around we were woken with the sunday market at 6!!

Next day we were moved into our original room with aircon! Although this worked it also dripped all over the bed which was underneath it and made the mattress wet and also whoever is under it at the time!! Not good to be woken up to! Bed sheets looked stained and dirty in both rooms! We put this down to having picked somewhere budget to stay!

Walls were paper thin and even when the music eventually died down you still couldnt sleep due to noisy guests running around and shouting until 4 and also staff waking you up from 7! Didnt get good enough sleep here at all so if you need sleep do not stay here!!! Also our room was next to the bathroom and only hot shower so you could hear this all night/morning too!!

Noticed bites but thought these were mosquito bites at first due to open window and being out at night - big mistake!! Found dead bed bug on our checkout morning on the bed and realised that this is where the bites were from! Had to now buy products to clean all bags and also get clothes cleaned!!

Not a good experience in this hostel and couldnt run quick enough to the bus stop to leave! Such a shame as the owners are nice ladies!

Date of stay: September 2015
1  Thank kknow89
Reviewed August 7, 2015

just stayed here yet again because so clean and welcoming. best location in kk and one of the cheapest. certainly no bedbugs. would never stay anywhere else in kk even though I have in the past. go on give it a try you will not be disappointed

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 5, 2015 via mobile

I spent one night in this hostel and it all looked so good in the beginning...
I arrived about 9pm and had a warm welcome. The lady in the hostel was chatty and nice. I had the dorm all for myself. The hostel looks pretty good, old but alright. I have seen worse!
But... After a short sleep, a woke up, itchy and wondering what was going on. I looked around and discovered spots of blood on the sheets and I saw bed bugs. Many of them!
I jumped out of bed and went to look for some body to help me out. In the kitchen were two guys and I asked if they were from the hostel, they said yes and I asked them to take a look in my dorm and bed. So they did and one of them went to wake up the lady. She was not amused and even after looking in my bed, she kept saying it couldn't be bed bugs.
She said that I could sleep in another bed in the room. Which was no option for me, because there were so many bed bugs in bed and on the ground.
I dropped all my stuff in the kitchen and started sorting things out. One off the guys stayed up all night with me (it turned out that he was also a guest. But he was more helpful than the lady...). The lady went to sleep again.
Early in the morning I went down stairs to ask if she could start doing the laundry. The lady said yes but eventually she started doing it around midday or later, so I had to wait a long time for my laundry.
What worried me was that the lady didn't take the problem of the bed bugs serious. Like she wanted me to sleep in another bed, in the room full of bed bugs and she only washed the sheets and thought that was enough.
When I was about to go I wanted to discuss the amount of money that I had to pay for that night and the laundry. However it would me fair to give a big discount (no sleep, itchy, and a massive laundry I did not plan to do) she didn't. While I was trying to talk to her about the price she kept saying she was tired, she tried to talk about something else, she ignored my questions and explanations. Before I got really angry I gave her the money and left. Happy to be never coming back, but unhappy and angry about the experience.
It's sad that a lovely lady like she was in the beginning, acts like this when there is a problem.
I would say: avoid Asia Adventure Lodge...!!!

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank MliekeC
Reviewed May 18, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night, having read the mixed reviews, we thought we'd make our own opinion.
On arrival, the receptionist didnt speak much English and couldn't find our booking, so he called the manager. After going over our details several times, she confirmed there was a room available for us. I think they may have double booked, as we paid for a double, but got a family room.
The room had a double and a set of bunk beds. Not much walking space (just along the double). And it hadn't been cleaned, as there was paper on the desk and I found several hairs on the bed, one on the bunks was a pubic hair. I know that when I've washed sheets at home, a little head hair (as mine is long) can get caught up in bedding, but these were on top of the pillows and sheets.
We went out to get some snacks, and came back to a locked door. Well it wasn't actually locked, but a piece of wood rested against it to prevent it from opening. The buzzer didn't work, but eventually the receptionist let us in.
When we returned to the room, we were greeted by a bed bug. I've never seen one before, so googled it and my suspicions were confirmed. I fumigated the room and hoped for the best. The air con in the room is great, as is wifi, however there is a locally bar which apparently had karaoke every night, which is excessively loud and goes on until the early hours. Also the lodge has no windows or walls in the "kitchen", so the noise is almost invited in.
Breakfast was different. We're used to the usual toast, jam marg etc, but we were served stale bread (no toaster), alongside cooking butter and an unidentifiable jam. I think I'd have preferred no breakfast.
Showers were good, nice and powerful, probably the best thing about this place.
Overall, we didn't enjoy the stay and couldn't wait to get out & away from the bugs. I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Date of stay: May 2015
Reviewed April 19, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for one night after returning from a jungle wildlife tour and were disappointed. The windowless room smelled really musty and the bathroom was a bit gross. Someone had left a used sanitary towel on the back of the cistern and it remained there for our stay until I couldn't take it any more and threw it out myself! We had previously stayed outside of town at Borneo Swiss guesthouse and for 20 ringitt more had a lovely clean room with a private bathroom. The location is a plus as we were able to take a short walk to the mall and seafront and it's close to the airport shuttle. On the whole, if you're just looking after the pennies then this place is perfect but if you're looking for any level of comfort or cleanliness then pay a bit more to get it.

Date of stay: April 2015