Lang Hoose
US$100
US$72
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

Muntri Grove Hotel(George Town)
US$110
US$73
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$88/night.

Ryokan Muntri Boutique Hostel(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$29
US$17
Hostelworld.com
  • Breakfast included
Armenian Street Heritage Hotel(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$37
US$31
Agoda.com
US$62
Cancelon
All reviewswalking distancehear footstepschina housequiet streetcat busquiet at nightstreet artunique hotelbus stationenjoyed our stayfamily suiteshared bathroomwonderful staystayed nightsbed was comfortableguest househotel is located
Reviewed 12 April 2018

Amazing value hotel in this area every thing you could need not to far away but out the way so not noisy / rooms are nice,clean & big with a 10 out 10 shower & free coffee which is amazing brill place

Room Tip: Cont Fault it Great all round Value
Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LangHoosePenang, Manager at Lang Hoose, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you for the review and rating. We appreciate all comments and and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Loved staying here! Super lovely and very helpful staff and mesmerising Nyonya architecture. It felt like staying at an historical(modernized) Nyonya house really. I would like to go back to Lang Hoose. I strongly recommend this place to all.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We glad you liked the stay with us and we hope to see you near future. With that we are saying thank you for your review and rating,

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Never stay here! The owner is a crooked man! I booked a room for three people for two nights. I told the owner the exact time we would arrive, and he asked me to ring him after I arrived at Penang airport. However, he completely ignored my numerous phone calls and messages! We ended up standing in front of Lang Hoose for nearly one hour! No one came! I even asked his neighbour to ring him multiple times! Called all the three numbers provided in his whatsapp image and the notice on the door!

My husband ran through the nearby area for more than 30 min trying to find another hotel, but all hotels were full. I used the booking app to find another place. It was the same. Hotels that had available rooms were at least 4km away. In the end I managed to book online the last available room at a hotel, about 1km away. Imagine what if I could not find that one room!

What was more disgusting was the owner's attitude the next day. He only contacted me at 3am. After I telling him our experiences, he was very indifferent to our ordeal, replying my messages only after I mentioned that I would file a complaint at booking.com if he ignored me. When I told him that he should compensate us and cover the hotel experience for the first night. He blamed me for booking two nights at the other hotel, not staying at his place for the second night! He also made excuses that I called him via whatsapp! I actually called him using a local SIM card and even asked his neighbour to ring him many times! He didn't even admit that!

What's even more outrageous is that he closed my reservation on booking.com early in the morning the next day, labelling it as "NO Show"!

Apparently, the owner deliberately ignored all my calls that night because he had no room for us! He claimed that he had an emergency that night. What a lame excuse! Even if he had an emergency, would it be so difficult to send me a message?!

That night we rang the door bell of the place many times and pounded on the door. Not even a guest heard us and came down. Apparently, nobody stayed there!

Never stay at this place!

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I love the vibe of this place. Well maintained and rennovated old house. There is a collection old stuff too from sports to cameras displayed in their lobby.

We booked here through Airbnb for 3 pax for an affordable price.

Our room is clean and nice. The only thing is there are flyin’ insects(ants?) at night. lol. But there is an anti-insect gadget available in the room. Just turn it on and they will eventually disappear. I suggest you turn it on before dark so you can prevent them from coming out. :)

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
LangHoosePenang, Manager at Lang Hoose, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hi Kazekage,

We glad that you liked our place as your stay. We are not sure about the flying ants which we have not seen any. In the room we have provided the mosquito repellent only but anyway we will take note of this and investigate the matter from our staff and monitoring by our self. Thank you for the feedback and the stay with us.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Lang Hoose is amazing place with friendly staff. An unusual atmosphere in the style of Georgetown. Very cozy and quiet place. The first time I went there, I was shown that this is a museum.
With great pleasure I will return there again.

The only little negative - sometimes you can hear the steps of neighbors from above. But the beauty, comfort and uniqueness of this place take over that.

Room Tip: good room nice roof top bar like a museum
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple