G Hotel Gurney
US$78
US$71
Royale Chulan Penang(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$90
US$81
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$91/night.

Muntri Mews(George Town)
US$100
US$84
  • Restaurant
Muntri Grove Hotel(George Town)
US$110
US$84
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

Armenian Street Heritage Hotel(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$37
US$31
Seven Terraces(George Town)
US$207
US$146
1,770 results
All reviewsexecutive floorwelcome ice creamshopping mallsea viewkit kathotel penangfree mini barfood centrebig shoppingmodern designbatu ferringhilocal foodupon checkchecking inhotel lobbyextra bednight market
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel is modern with a great atmosphere but the western breakfast is served luke warm. Next time I will go for room only and eat outside in the plaza. The water is hot but not boiling so the tea doesn't infuse properly leading to an awful cup of tea. That really pisses off the British.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
PenangGHotel, General Manager at G Hotel Gurney, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at G Hotel Gurney and posting your review on TripAdvisor.

I was however sorry to read that the buffet food and water quality was below expectation. Please rest assured that the issues have been raised with the Director of Food & Beverage and appropriate action has been taken so improvements are made. Our apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write and we do hope to welcome you back in the future to show you that how we take guest feedback seriously and react on it.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

I can't say enough about our stay here. It was wonderful. All the staff was so kind and eager to help make our stay enjoyable, especially and including the conceierge who gave us all kinds of ideas for our stay in Penang and our continuing travels to Thailand. While at the hotel, I tripped and had a fall, sustaining a few scrapes and a banged up knee. No ones fault but my own, but the hotel staff were so kind and helpful bring me ice for my knee and coming to my room with offers of a doctor if I felt I needed one etc. Next day I received a wonderful basket of fresh fruit with a lovely note inquiring regarding my progress. Wonderful caring and concern. I must say, the hotel and the sister hotel right around the corner have the best hotel pools I have ever experienced.

Room Tip: We faced the ocean and it was a great view!
Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at G Hotel Gurney and sharing your review on Tripadvisor.

I was sorry to hear that you had injured your knee during your visit to Penang and do hope you are well now. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated as customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

This is actually has the making of great hotel. Excellent location, spacious and clean room, big open area at the lobby.
However the service left a lot to be desired. Right from the check in, I was met by the receptionist who didn't carry the service mindset. There's no eye contact whatsoever. Worse, she never used a proper greeting nor proper English and given that I'm Indonesian, she attempted to speak to me in casual 'bahasa'. However improper words were used and finally I reminded her that never in my time checking in in hotels - not to mention in Indonesia - that I was greeted in that way and requested her not to do the same mistakes with other guests, including those coming from Indonesia.
There were other instances, such as when it's raining and the buggy provided only brought guests to the other G hotel next door from the shopping mall and did not want to bring us back to our hotel. It's the same management isn't it and the buggy was half empty, so why couldn't you do it?
In sum, I wish the staff would go to the extra miles to make guests having excellent time staying in the hotel. I didn't feel that way, unfortunately.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank hwong16

Dear Guest,

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment that you expressed regarding your recent stay at G Hotel Gurney.

We train and remind all our staff to be helpful and courteous and I regret that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. This is definitely not the high standard of services that we strive for. Please rest assured that the issues raised have been addressed to our Front Office Manager and appropriate action has been taken to prevent the same incident from reoccurring again in the future. Our apologizes for the inconvenience caused.

Once again, thank you for bringing this matter to my attention and we do hope that you will give us a chance to welcome you back so we may show you the correct service that G Hotel is renowned for.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

This trip was planned a year ago and honestly I do not have a hotel in mind to go to in Penang. When a colleague of mine recommended me this hotel as his sister (Harvinder Kaur) is working there as GSM and told me to check the place out.

When we arrived on the 4th of April, my wife along with my in laws was awed by the spacious hotel lobby. We were greeted by 1 front office staff, unable to get hold of his name. As he checked me in, we were served with a welcome ice cream treat by another staff.

While we were enjoying the ice cream, the receptionist requested me to produce the credit card that I had used to make the booking. As this is my regular spending credit card, I usually will not bring it with me during my travels. The moment of happiness started to disappear and anger soon slowly building up within me. I told the receptionist, when I make the booking, the website didnt mention that I need to produce the same credit card upon checking in. From my past experience booking hotel through Agoda, once the amount has been deducted, the hotel staff never need me to produce the same credit card.

This is my first experience booking a hotel through the hotel website and to my horror, I did not bring the said credit card. The duty manager, Nazri took over and asked if I had another credit card with me. I told him yes, so what he did, he told me that he will charge the same booking amount to this credit card as they need the other credit card for verification. Since I didnt have it, they need to recharge the whole amount again.

I was taken aback, I told him this booking was made last year and I had already settled the amount with the bank last year prior my arrival to hotel. Feeling helpless, I agreed to have the amount deducted.

The excitement turned to of horror and anxiety. Fortunately, they did gave us high floor rooms with sea view. The room we had was extremely spacious. The booking done came with breakfast.

The breakfast spread was ok and the food was nice.During the whole stay I couldn't get my mind off the amount that was on hold on the other credit card as the amount was quite huge. The largest amount hotel usually held for incidental charges that I experience before was 200 dollars and this time it was 10 times more.

End up, I decided to drop an email requesting to speak to either the General Manager, RDM or FOM. My email was replied by Hazri and he scheduled me to have a meeting with their Assistant Front Office Manager Laurenn on the day of my check out.

Laurenn was patient in listening to my unfortunate incident and explained to me in detail the hotel procedure for doing so. She passed me her name card and told me to send her a copy of the credit card once I reach SG. At last, I can have a piece of mind!!!!!

I would recommend this hotel for those who is looking for convenience in shopping as well as in tasting local food. The hotel is beside 2 great shopping mall, Paragon as well as Plaza Gurney. If you wish to try Penang local street food, gurney hawker centre is just 5 mins walk from the hotel.

Will put this hotel in my to come list again when I visit Penang in the future. Thank you Harvinder Kaur for sorting out my booking and Laurenn for ending my triip with a huge smile on my face. My in laws as well as my wife enjoyed the hotel room and complimented the huge hotel lobby!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: request for high floor and faces the sea, level 12 is good enough.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at G Hotel Gurney and posting your experience on Tripadvisor.

I was sorry to read that you had encountered some challenges during check in and fortunately the problem was resolved by Laurenn quickly and efficiently. Your kind comments are greatly appreciate as customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. Your comments have been share with Laurenn and the team.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Booked two executive room during my visit to Penang. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Nearby amenities were convenient. Shopping centre was just next to the hotel. Gurney hawker centre was within walking distance of 5 minutes. Service staff were amiable and polite.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Adeline N

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at G Hotel Gurney and sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.