1,411 results
All reviews revolving restaurant rooftop bar red garden walking distance deluxe room sea view taxi stand non smoking blue mansion big room buffet breakfast is family room pleasant stay bus stop little india food court heritage area
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

I continue to give the Hotel top marks and still highly recommended. A couple of problems with the room were rectified by maintenance promptly.

On the last couple of days checking out on 3rd October, there was a lack of attention to detail by the housekeeping dept maid.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Lynne_Choong, Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear Barry W,

Thanks you for your review and feedback. We are glad that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and
we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Friendly, helpful staff from Doorman to Reception to Housekeeping. Kept spic and span. Ideally located from City Centre, just a stone's throw away. Plenty of the famous street food of Penang just a short walk away. Recomend it without hesitation!!!

Room tip: Had a city view room, just as interesting with many old buildings, the old ferry Services,main land in view.

Dear ramakumar2018,

Thanks for your excellent review. We are glad that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and
we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

The hotel is out dated. Yes, they have renovated the floors above and are currently working on the 6th, but even with the renovation the hotel doesn't match other 4-star hotels. The rooms on the front side (road side) are very noisy. The breakfast is okay. The pool is wonderful. Be aware that Penang has almost no hotel directly on the beach. Also, there are a lot of jellyfishes in the sea. The hotel had two central elevators which become wet since guest uses them after swimming. I would not rate this hotel 4 stars but 3 to be honest.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Good
- The check-in was a fuss free experience. I showed them the printed copies of my online reservation and within 5 minutes, the room key was in my hands and I was ready to go to my room.
- Room was clean and well lighted. Mine was literally right outside the lift and it was convenient in that sense. The big window allows for huge amount of light to flow in and it oversees the entire city area.
- No issues with the showering facilities. Heater was well heated and consistent throughout entire showering process.
- Rooftop restaurant rotates and is quite a unique experience. Has some finger food which are reasonably priced.
- Being a tropical country, aircon is of utmost importance and the aircon in this hotel was good. Quick to cool down an entire room and remain consistent throughout.
- Concierge was able to help us get a taxi whenever we require one almost immediately.
- Bed was good.

Bad
- I was eligible for 2 breakfast during my stay there and as noted by other ex-guests, the staff's initial response is always "you don't have breakfast, will you like to pay for it?". I challenged them to check their system and only then will they acknowledged that my reservation comes with complimentary breakfast. Such behavior was noted on the guests who were infront of me.
- The breakfast food for both days were exactly the same.
- The waiter accused me of stealing his friend's handphone cover. I won't raise this as a major issue as I'm giving him the benefit of doubt that his friend's cover was really stolen but i'll just leave this here in case similar behavior is experienced by future guests.
- The 1-day tours provided by the hotel is insanely overpriced.
- The outdoor pub, whilst providing a scenic and windy environment, plays thrash music which were too loud for any sane human being. I noticed that it was empty most of the time and people prefer to order from the outdoor pub and sit inside the restaurant. Perhaps this should indicate to the management that instead of making their outdoor pub such a loud and not-family-friendly environment, perhaps play some soft classical music to raise the class of their outdoor area.

Tips
- Request for a map of nearby places of interest from the receptionist. The ones they have are quite simple and good.
- Request for a room near the lift. It can be a maze there otherwise.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Lynne_Choong, Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Dear Wei_kiat_22,

Thank you for taking time to keep us posted on your good and bad feedback you had experienced during your recent stay with us.
We are sorry that your stay with us had not been a fulfilled one. Your comments are well noted and we will
share your feedback with our tour partner as well as our outdoor pub.
We hope that your experience will not mar you from coming back to stay with us in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 September 2018

Checked in on 15th Saturday was easy and without problem except that I was told that there are no breakfast. Taken aback I told her when I booked, breakfast were included. After checking the "system" again this time she said it is included. What kind of system that can changed the confirmation every second. This happened during checked out, too on Monday. On Sunday I have checked with the counter to confirmed that my checked out time have been extended to 3pm. After checking with the "system" it was confirmed to be correct (the extended was approved by the Lynne Choong). But on Monday when I returned to the hotel at 2:30pm to packed I could not enter as the card have been disable because I was told that I did not checked out at 12noon. Went to the counter and he checked with the "system" and proceed to reprogram my card and said everything is okay. Asked why and given lamb excuses.
Breakfast was nice and filling. Only that the coffee is too bitter whereas the tea is too sweet. In the beginning, all the counter, cleaning, buffet staff were courteous and friendly which I still think they are. Food ordered on Saturday afternoon and the tray (plates, etc) put out outside the doors are still there the next morning. The first two days the staff were on hand to open the doors for you and helped with your luggages. I was really impressed and still commended that to my sister who worked at another hotel in Penang. On the day when I checked my good impression and praises got thrown out. Like the saying, "Hero to zero". Nobody bother to helped to opened the door as my hands were full carrying my luggages even though two of them were standing at the conciege counter.

Room tip: Get one nearer to the lifts as some room are so far away. It is like a maze.
1  Thank gplow97
Lynne_Choong, Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear gplow97,

First and foremost, thank you for your time to write and share your stay experience with us. While we wish, you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve our hotel services.Your comments are well noted and necessary actions will be taken to rectify it. We sincerely apologize for the inefficiency on our staff service that you had experienced. Once again, I thank you for bringing this matter to our attention as this assists us in our endeavors towards achieving consistent, caring and excellent service standards.