“Improvement needed”
Review of Bluewater Express

Bluewater Express
Ranked #4 of 4 things to do in Mersing
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I took the ferry that is from TG.Gemok to Tioman Island on 26 March around 11pm. However, it left the jetty around 20 minutes later.I have an issue with the seats in the ferry.When I purchased the tickets,I was being allocated a seat.When I enter the ferry,the crew told me that the ferry is a free seating.I was shocked as he told me that the passengers including me were not allowed to seat in front.We were told to seat at he back in the ferry.The ferry is so full at the back and the crew insist people to squeeze their seats.I really hope the ferry can improve by making the hospitality of the ride a pleasant journey.Apart from the hospitality,I hope the seats can be improved if the company decide to revamp back the ferry.The seats is so uncomfortable making it hard for my legs to stretch as there is no space since I have long legs.For the return journey on 28 March,it is a small ferry and I prefer the small ferry than the ferry that I took from TG Gemok to Tioman.

All reviews
"ferry ride"
"ferry cost"
"bring a jacket"
"pulau tioman"
"tv"
"pm"

Reviewed 4 April 2018

friendly crew that gives a hand wherever needed. Ferries are bit old and maybe not the most comfortable ones, but they get you from A to B and considering that the trip from Mersing to Tioman is rather short anyway, one should not bother too much.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

if possible, would like to give 0 star as this ferry company really deserves nothing!

we clearly stated our destination during ticket purchase and they even indicated the destination on the ticket.

halfway of the boat trip, the crew informed us to get down at a different jetty and mentioned another boat will pick us up and send us to our destination.

We waited for an hour and kept asking the ferries that arrived at the jetty but none of the ferries were told to send us to our destination. when we called the ticket office, they just ignored us and asked us to wait for another 2 hours for their next ferry! and we might need to pay for the trip! ridiculously rude and irresponsible company..

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The most funny thing is that their logo states "Efficient. Trust. Respect." Best joke ever! It's totally the opposite, let me tell you why.

INEFFICIENT. We booked a 7am trip to Tioman from Mersing. At 5.45am our hotel in Mersing informed us that the ferry was moved to 6am...we had only 15min left and you can imagine the rush it was, we were about to leave our room, haven't paid the hotel yet, etc. Awful start of the day. And they did not even inform us by SMS, although they did a few days before to confirm the 7am boat. On the way back, they confirmed 10am and asked us to be at the pier at 9am. They only came at 10.30am with a much smaller and crappier boat. And that's not all, they went back in the same direction they came to go to another pier to pick up other passengers. So at about 12pm, we passed our jetty again, this time to go to Mersing, they could have done that before, such a waste of time. We only reached Mersing at 2pm, the total journey was slightly more than 3 hours, when it's only supposed to take 1.5 hours? The boat was super uncomfortable, and the A/C was not working properly. Also, they asked each passenger to fill a lot of personal details including occupation, date of birth and passport number. What for??!!

UNTRUSTING. You simply can't trust their schedule at all, since there is none! It's the most disorganised ferry company I ever took.

DISRESPECTFUL. Again, not respecting the time they say and steal people's own time by making them wait so long is totally disrespectful. Plus the driver was smoking like a chimney on the way back to Mersing, it made me so sick because I'm already very sea sick, thanks a lot!!!

Never again with that company. Check Cataferry, much better reviews. They go from Tanjong Gemok, only 40km north of Mersing, you rather drive a bit more and have a much better journey.

1  Thank lumpy1092
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to Tioman several times and each time the experience on Bluewater Express got worse than the last.

This trip was the worst ever. This being a long weekend in Singapore, you would expect them to cater for a surge in crowds, but no, not at all.

At Mersing jetty, there was still lack of signage. People didn’t know where to go. We were issued boarding passes but everyone got the same colour pass. When the ferry arrived, there were no announcements so everyone queued up. The staff checking the tickets had to ask every passenger where they were alighting, and 1/4 of the passengers were asked to stand aside to wait for their turn to board. Note: everyone had the same boarding pass. Eventually everyone managed to board and the ferry left 45 min after the departing time.

The return ride was the worst. It was the last ferry departure at 10 am. The ferry arrived early at 9:40 am but only 2/3 of the passengers could board before the ferry was full. The upper deck was empty but yet they refused to let more people in, and we were told to wait for another one that will arrive soon.

We waited another 20 min, during which a cargo ferry arrived to deliver their goods. The next Bluewater Express ferry arrived while the cargo ferry was still docked and they made us cross the cargo ferry to board. The cargo ferry was really old and some planks were even broken. Really dangerous especially for my young kids!

This ferry was really small and to make matters worse, the seats were very old and dirty and the air-con was broken. If you sat inside you’d be “treated” to a sauna. Somehow even when the ferry was moving, air didn’t get into the cabin even with the doors open. If you sat outside, you’d be cooler but sunburnt and deafened by the engine noise.

After this trip, I’m really thinking twice about going to Tioman again. Despite the good time we had on the island, this journey has spoiled the entire experience for us.

Their slogan is Efficient.Trust.Respect. Totally opposite.

1  Thank Sammi_Ng