All reviews puteri harbour hello kitty town serviced apartment breakfast lounge washing machine well equipped kitchen residents lounge induction cooker hotel jen swimming pool spacious room walking distance home away from home living area free shuttle harbour view aeon bukit indah
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Stayed here for a business trip.
Reception was friendly.
Room was clean, comfy and spacious.
Breakfast was not extravagant but nice enough.
Comfy to stay for business or family trips.
Location was walking distance to Puteri Harbour and to shops around the area to eat. Also walking distance to hello kitty land and thomas town.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
BobYusof, Residence Manager at Somerset Puteri Harbour Iskandar Puteri, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear LydiaTea,

Thank you for choosing Somerset Puteri Harbour Iskandar Puteri on your recent visit to Johor.
We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your time and kind words is much appreciated. Receiving such positive feedback from residents like yourself inspire us to continually improve our service delivery.
Once again, thank you for making us one of your preferred accommodation choices. We look forward to welcoming you again soon to our property.

Best wishes
Bob Yusof
Residence Manager

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Location is good for me. I like the garden right below. The room has all the basic. but the breakfast is awful. It seems it is not from summerset itself but from third party.. . Please book without breakfast, you won't regret.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
AzlindaAzhar, Manager at Somerset Puteri Harbour Iskandar Puteri, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Hi Henniey,

Thank you for your feedback.
I have highlighted your feedback to our F&B operator and reiterated the need to improve breakfast quality and variety as well as service standards. My team and I will continue to monitor their
performance and service delivery.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Azlinda Azhar
Residence Manager

Reviewed 13 August 2018

I stayed at Sommerset for an extended-length of stay in a serviced apartment and found it reasonably accommodating.As a pre-cursor, I'd like to state that I did not pay for this room myself - it was paid by my employer as part of my relocation to Malaysia.

The good:
- The apartment was very spacious and had all the basic amenities. The decor was updated and modern with a light-colored theme which helps keep the apartment feeling well lit and bright. The apartment also had heavy drapes for sleeping and a thinner layer of privacy drapes behind them, which I always appreciate for adjusting natural light. Furniture in the living room was comfy and the the living room was spacious enough for my morning workout routine.
- There is a nice pool with a wonderful view, and a small gym with basic equipment to keep up your workout routine
- Front desk service is always available and quick to respond to any inquiries.
- The continental breakfast was decent enough to go to each morning, but don't expect for much fruit to be left if going towards the end of the allotted breakfast time.

Areas for improvement:
(1) The bedding was clearly not changed or washed prior to my stay, which grosses me out. When I went to lay down after arriving from the airport, the sheet had 2 large toothpaste-like stains on it and head-hair. The pillows were terrible for me (not firm and get reduced to a thin flat pad shortly after laying down), but I since I was moving into an apartment after my stay, I just bought a pillow.
(2) Kitchen had no measuring cups, and none were available at the hotel,which I found odd since it was a fully furnished kitchen with a stove top? Something as simple as measuring out rice and water would require measuring cups....
(3) The bathroom is tight with little shelving. I doubt this would bother many people, but for me, I was stayed for 30 days and wanted to "settle" in with all my hair products, cosmetics, and other bathroom amenities, which there wasn't really space for. The shower is small and it is hard to not have the water spray out to the floor beyond the non-sealed glass door of the shower.
(4) The shuttle only goes to two places, neither of which are areas to "explore"... just two tourist attractions for families with kids. Being so out of the way and far from the city, I would expect greater accommodation to being able to explore JB.

On another note, none of which is the fault of the hotel....is the location. While Puteri Harbour is a nice view and may be a good half-day trip, it's far from the city and doesn't have much going on besides legoland and the hello kitty town. There are a few places to eat at on their own version of a "boardwalk" between the hotels and buildings, but ultimately, its a costly grab to get into the city and actually explore and do things.

It DOES have a 24 hour mini-mart type place within a short walk, which is very convenient for late-night snacks or stocking up the kitchen for smaller food items.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from construction.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo

Hi,

It was a great pleasure having you stay at Somerset Puteri Harbour. Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay experience with us. We welcome suggestions such as yours as they indicate the areas where we can further improve.

I have noted your observations and recommendations for improvements, be assured that I will coordinate the plans for these enhancements with the respective team members.

We will continue in our improvement efforts to provide excellent service and products to our residents.

Once again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Spacious and clean room, comes with a complete working kitchen. Comfortable bed, big wardrobe. Nice pool with amazing view. Many eateries nearby. Polite and friendly staff. Hotel has a vending machine at pool area. Will be back for sure!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi,

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the same time, we are happy to have met your expectations in service and quality standards.

We look forward to welcoming you again at any one of our serviced residences.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Checked in for a 2-night stay on 8th August. Booked a 1 bedroom apartment and was delighted upon entering. There was a kitchen where one can do light cooking and a living area with a sofa. Love the fact that the bedroom is away from the living area. The King bed was comfortable but I personally found the pillows too soft and lack support. The furnishing in the apartment seemed brand new and well maintained, especially the wardrobes. The check-in process was seamless and the staff very courteous. Past midnight, the main door of the lobby area is locked but a security officer is stationed to unlock the door for you, providing a safe environment for guests. Would highly recommend this property if you have kids as the rooms are more spacious than Hotel Jen, just next door.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us.

We are happy to have met your expectations and endeavour to continually delight our residents whenever they stay with us.

Thank you for your valued patronage. From all of us at Somerset Puteri Harbour, we look forward to welcoming you again at any one of our serviced residences.